LorenzoS

High capacity guns in NJ

I'm inclined to go with the P30L anyway. But I was curious how people address this issue in general for a pistol that comes standard with 17 rounds.

I would consider a factory 15 round magazine if it were easily available, but would not want to get involved with a modified or aftermarket brand of questionable reliability. So the G17 and M&P FS are out for me.

Thanks.

The Silver Bullet in Rockaway Borough will sell you an M&P with a 17rd mag - blocked to 15rds....

I love my M&P, and personally have no issues with 10rd mags..... The 15rd mag from S&W is going to be a reality..... but no time frame was given last time I called....

For the most part, with handguns that normally come with 15+ round magazines, you're stuck with FACTORY 10 round magazines. Like Mikey said, S&W is supposedly coming out with 15 round mags for the M&P, but as far as I know, no one has actually gotten any yet.

Some of your other options in 9mm, aside from the Sig P226 and HK P30, are the Beretta 92FS which holds 15 rounds, and the Glock 19 which also holds 15.

that is the big issue. =) out of the neutered states, NJ is at 15, rest are at 10. Most mfr will thus make only full cap, and 10 round.

If you go 1911's, you dont have that issue. Otherwise, I had luck with an older CZ 75/85 that came with 15rnd for 9mm, the new ones are 16rnd.

Hk P30l is standard 15 rounds, and I enjoy the gun.... alot.

Baby eagle's are 15 rounds still and a hell of a pistol.

I was playing with one of those at Silver Bullet. That's a honkin' big beast. I want it.

Back on topic, some dealers will pin the hi-cap mags. I think the XDm mags are 18 or 19, sold pinned to 15, and my CZ mags are 16, pinned to 15. There may be others.

Baby eagle's are 15 rounds still and a hell of a pistol.

+1

actually, what about Browning Hi Powers? 14 or 15rnd on those as well right?

I believe the BHP is 15rounds I will let you know for sure in a week have a 1943 coming in the mail.

Actually it was the 1st double stack magazine ever made for a pistol, the older ones were 15 rounds

new product comes 9+1, 15 and 17 depending on the model but there are a ton of after market mag's out there

up to 30 rounds.

Otherwise, I had luck with an older CZ 75/85 that came with 15rnd for 9mm, the new ones are 16rnd.

Actually, CZ still offers 15 round factory mags for the CZ75B. I got mine on sale for $24.95 a pop directly from them (wait for the sale - they have them periodically):

http://tinyurl.com/yeebzzp

They're currently having a sale on the 16 rounders at 3 for 74.99. I sent an e-mail asking if they'll sub the 15 round for the same price. If anyone's interested, I'll post their response if/when I get one.

K

The FNP-9M is also a 15 rounder, however it is hard to find since they stopped making them. Supposedly there are 15 round factory mags for the FNP-9 according to a few online retailers. I emailed FN asking about it but havn't got a repy yet.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm just at the beginning of my selection process and only recently applied for my FID and purchase permit so I expect to have plenty of time to decide. Hopefully I will be able to rent or borrow the guns on my list before the final decision.

So the answer is, any gun that comes standard with more than 15 rounds is going to be off my list. I just don't want to screw around with hard-to-find special NJ magazines or having to modify them any time I want replacements. And 10 rounds in a compact or single stack would be fine, but in a full size 9mm it seems like an necessary compromise.

The most important thing for you to do is try shooting as many as you can. What feels right for one person will not for an other. The gun you choose should be what fits best in your hand and what you feel most comfortable with. These 2 things have a huge factor on how accurate you will be. Please keep us posted on what you decide!

My Browning Hi-Power holds 13 rounds of 9mm.

Ray- You have a HiPower? Good man! We can agree on that one :hope:

Where have we not agreed?

XD's rule

Ruger is king

Glocks suck

38 snubbie all day playa

Taurus Public Defender is hot!