jermz1987

Got My First Shotgun.

Thanks to Wolfy and Tony357 for helping me with the purchase, and answering all my questions. Don't mind the messy floor, My dog got into a pack of girl scout cookies. Anywho...It shoots really nice, Although its a bit to long, I'm debating whether or not to cut it down a bit.

BEFORE

Picture089.jpg

AFTER

Picture098.jpg

• Like 1

dont cut that bad boy! you got a good little clay pigeon shooty there!

Especially with the polychoke

And its choked?! Dude, you got a life long friend right there. You'll be dusting clays for years with that shotty!

Yeah I don't think ill cut it down anymore, it had a stick in the shell tube, I guess for hunting. When I took it out it jams when trying to cycle the first shell. I'm guessing the stick was in there for a long time. It only jams up on the first shell.

• Like 1

K yes I did cut it down. It was 100 dollar SEARS gun that was made in 1989, and Before you say I could have gotten a different barrel, The barrel doesn't detach. It was measured and then cut with a pipe cutter. It ended up being just under 18.5. Anyways, here is a pic, and I hate you matt.

Picture098.jpg

It ended up being 18.3...I used a tape measure and measured by pushing the tape measure down the barrel and holding it against the end of the barrel from inside the gun. then measured from the outside.

May not be true for the Springfield but my old Winchester does not always eject a 2 3/4" shell correctly. I read online (so it must be true) that old paper shells were slightly shorter than modern plastic shells after being fired. I bought some special 2 1/2" plastic shells designed for this situation. Have not tried them yet. The price was OK.