nickd308

Anyone planning on going to Valley Forge?

You can engage the waitresses in intellectually stimulating conversation .

Yeah, she's only doing this to work through college. It's worse if she's an out of shape dog face. Hooters food sucks for the most part.

Now...I was at the Hooters in Neunkirchen Germany and what a difference. They don't have equal opportunity laws for employment in Germany, so they can weed out the ugly ones. They were all 9s, fast with the service and while it was pretty much the same menu, the food was fantastic with some German touches. Can't get Hefewiezen at a Hooters in the US either.

What a waste of a day. I drove an hour and 20 mins to get there. . . drove around for 45 more mins to find a parking spot. Waited in line, in the rain for another 45 mins. Walked around for 20 mins, got two hot dogs that were still frozen in the middle and a warm sprite. You can't move at all at these fkn shows it is incredibly overcrowded with a bunch of know-it-all middle aged jagoffs that smell like either stale peperoni or moth balls multiplied by 1000 due to the dampness of the rain. Very aggravating. Saw some shotguns, Remington 870 HD guns, plane jane, run of the mill 870s all for between $595.00 - $625.00 :shock: Are you kidding me? Everything else was complete junk, and over priced junk at that. Perhaps next show I will get a table, and clean up my dog's sh*t from the backyard and package it, slap a "show special" price sticker of $5000 / pound and sell it, I would blend in with the rest of the morons at these shows.

The only thing I left with was indigestion from the bad hot dogs, a bad headache, sore elbows, higher blood pressure, and a broken side view mirror that some douche bag must have hit in the incredibly bad parking lot, which by the way, made for a fun ride home in 50mph winds and pouring rain with no pass side mirror.

Every time I go, I always tell myself never again, I think this time I learned my lesson.

Years ago you could go to gun shows to find good deals. Now you pay triple. I'd much rather order online, or locally from one of the sponsors here. It will be cheaper with shipping and transfer fees to do so.

Not sure what show you went to.

Got there around 9:15 found a close spot walked right in no line, lot's of room to walk around.

Found some great deals after looking over each table. Romanian SKS in pristine condition all numbers matching for $299.00

and and one of the best looking Egyptian Hakim I have ever come across for $425.00. These were way better then any local or online price as far as I am concerned. Those $299.00 Garands were imported, brought in from Guatemala complete trash good for a start if you are going to rebuild dangerous to shoot as is, there is a vendor towards the front that sells CMP field grade rifles between $690.00 and $800.00 depending on condition, he had about 6 this time and they were worth the price. I saw a lot of 91/30's back down to the right price of $99.00 for hand pick some went up to $150.00 but they were Hex with a Laminated stock so they do tend to bring a few more $$. Lot's of repro snipers the price was right on but I would rather just buy an original for double. Excellent assortment of WWII weapons from all sides. Some things as always are going to be over priced at gun shows, these are really designed for collectors who are willing to take the ride to find the one gem they have been looking for. I have gone to the last 4 and scored each time. Always paid less then market value for everything I have purchased and will never take a loss. I would never go to a Fun show to buy a AR or a Remington 700, too much internet and local competition out there for that but for Military or classic arms they are always a score. I saw Vendors there with Wasr's for $600.00 and others had them for $375.00 Brand new it's all about looking. I hate crowds as I am claustrophobic and a 100% certified hermit but for the shows I suck it up. I was back on my way home by 11:15 with my plunder and in my house by 1pm getting ready for another great journey with Cosmoline oil.....

Sorry about the car though that would piss me off for a year.

And everyone knows that you get the Chicken Finger sandwich and stay away from the Dog's... :D

That show is a mixed bag....

Went over with ProActive and met up with Tosser to complete a deal with him. Got in right around 9am. I was totally thrown for a loop the first few tables... MSARs for $1500... RRA4 for $1200.... WASR $599... keep moving. But I started to see some nice prices... particularly at Ed's Gun Shop table... right in the center, yellow banner. He had some nice deals, PTR91 for $900, MSAR $1000, A4 for $800 and up.... CZ452 for $359.... I was really drooling over a LNIB Sig 220 with two mags for $495. Gun was in excellent + condition, blackened stainless like I wanted. But you just cant get the price low enough to get them to ship it to you, plus transfer it. Ugh.... I was even looking for a pocket knife to replace the one I lost on vacation, but I could not find a Bladetech or Boker that I liked.... nor any Boker's for that matter.

Nothing really sang out to me like the 220, so I picked up some mags and a holster. It was butass crowded.... and Chad's description of the gunnies in Pa is spot fning on!!! Buddy worked a great deal on a preloved ACOG, guy came down 25% on his asking price with very little proding.

Yeah, there was some JUNK there, but a few nice pieces. If I wanted a WASR there were a bunch priced well. One guy had a rather nice M1G for 500 that I told him I would buy...but when he asked me where I was from and told him Jersey he told me to "take a walk, I wont deal with you or your communist state" Well needless to say, I agree with the statement but I flipped on him. Ended up causing a little scene on purpose, and quite a few people turned away that were looking at his table. Good price on a nice gun, but a jerk of a seller.

I did end up picking up some stripper clips for the Mauser and the Mosin, as well as a sling and accessory kit for the Mosin, and an extra mag for my marlin .22

People that attend gunshows with the expectation that everything is going to be a bargain, and then bemoan the fact that it's usually cheaper to buy locally, are kind of missing the point. There is a lot of chaffe to wade through to get that one good kernel. But that is the point - there is a wider variety of diverse firearm merchandise at a gun show than you would ever find locally.

I'm an inveterate bargain hunter, and I like oddball stuff, so I'm in my environment at a gunshow. As an example - The last VF show I made (the Dec show was during a blizzard, and even I'm not that dedicated), I picked up two 20 round boxes of Black Hills .45-70 ammo that were cosmetically blemished - where do you find stuff like that? Who even knew that Black Hills sold "blems", let alone finding it in .45-70. Went to a small show in Bristol, PA about 3 months ago and got the last ten boxes (200 rds) of American Eagle .223 w/62 gr FMJ for $6 a box. These are the kind of things that make shows worthwhile. I'd love to find a S&W 329PD at a reasonable price - but that's doubtful, but it is part of the fun.

Good thing that I didn't have a lot of money to spend, because it would have been gone. Saw a Browning Medalist - complete, for $875. I've always liked them, have no idea what I'd do with it, but to find it complete with the wood case all the barrel weights and tools, for that kind of money is great. There was also a full-stocked (Mannlicher) Sako in .375 H&H for $1195 - very nice. VF truly has something for everyone - milsurp, black guns, sporting arms - and it certainly appears that the ammo and reloading component crunch is ending. Got there at 10 AM and walked right in. It was a bit too crowded for my taste, but it was actually worse when we left around noon. All-in-all, not a bad day, even if I didn't buy anything.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I went and got there about 11am. Finding a spot was horrible but got a spot within 15 minutes. Got on a crazy long line and when I got to the door, after being soaked, I was told there's a line inside also. On top of that he said it was hard to get to the tables.

I just left. Went by 2 wally worlds and picked up ammo on the cheap.

Chad, I think I saw you there. Do you have a plate with a badge or firefighter sign on it? Saw a tahoe just like yours.

All in all, the ammo made the trip worth it but it was a really downer day.

People that attend gunshows with the expectation that everything is going to be a bargain, and then bemoan the fact that it's usually cheaper to buy locally, are kind of missing the point. There is a lot of chaffe to wade through to get that one good kernel. But that is the point - there is a wider variety of diverse firearm merchandise at a gun show than you would ever find locally.

I'm an inveterate bargain hunter, and I like oddball stuff, so I'm in my environment at a gunshow.

Once again I find myself agreeing with you Bob, you hit the nail right on the head.

I also did notice there were a number of guy's walking around with their own rifles for sale and most

were on the cheap. Right when I got there I saw a guy selling a mint Yugo 59/66 sks to a vendor for $150.00

the vendor took it gave it a once over and then placed it on his table for $350.00. It happened to be the guy

I ended up getting the Hakiam from and he sold it for $325.00. Right now people are broke and selling off their

firearms cheap. I wish I would have caught that guy 1st. There are several vendors that will also do the transfers for

you if you are out of state.

Chad, I think I saw you there. Do you have a plate with a badge or firefighter sign on it? Saw a tahoe just like yours.

Thats me, "NPDF Safe Cop" plates.

I guess different people have different views on the definition of overpriced, half complete, half broken junk.

I went and did not spend one dollar.

Nothing but over priced stuff to me, I am pretty full on black rifles so I don't need anymore and not in to old crap Mosin's and Mauser's.

And hey Primers for $54 a thousand, What a deal.. Or TNT had them for forty something but had to buy powder also. Would not sell primers only.

It was something to do in the rain, but I could order the stuff I need to my door cheaper

Sunday seem to be the day to go if you don't like crowds. This being my first firearms show I found it interesting and fun. I did find something I have been looking for to help expand the amount of long guns I can store safely in my gun safe. They are called rifle rods - here is a link http://www.storemoreguns.com/index.php? ... store&ck=1. I purchased both the rifle rods and gun hangers.

Hodgie,

Did you get the Hakim from Mike(owner)? Last show he had 4 of them. He is very detail with the paperwork(anal) and you have to ask for copy for the certificate of eligibility(he just keeps it for his record only). I got few surplus rifles from him( a non-import marked Hakim, 2 M44, RC k98), he has good prices(GSG-5 for $399, MSAR for $1,099) and sometimes you can get a treasure from him (a friend picked up a Albanian sks for $390 in excellent condition, still in cosmoline, a sino-soviet, security forces with the blade SKS for $390). Also willing to deal if you pay cash. He is always my first stop in the Allentown show.

I'm an inveterate bargain hunter, and I like oddball stuff, so I'm in my environment at a gunshow.

Once again I find myself agreeing with you Bob, you hit the nail right on the head.

I also did notice there were a number of guy's walking around with their own rifles for sale and most

were on the cheap. Right when I got there I saw a guy selling a mint Yugo 59/66 sks to a vendor for $150.00

the vendor took it gave it a once over and then placed it on his table for $350.00. It happened to be the guy

I ended up getting the Hakiam from and he sold it for $325.00. Right now people are broke and selling off their

firearms cheap. I wish I would have caught that guy 1st. There are several vendors that will also do the transfers for

you if you are out of state.

Hodgie,

Did you get the Hakim from Mike(owner)? Last show he had 4 of them. He is very detail with the paperwork(anal) and you have to ask for copy for the certificate of eligibility(he just keeps it for his record only). I got few surplus rifles from him( a non-import marked Hakim, 2 M44, RC k98), he has good prices(GSG-5 for $399, MSAR for $1,099) and sometimes you can get a treasure from him (a friend picked up a Albanian sks for $390 in excellent condition, still in cosmoline, a sino-soviet, security forces with the blade SKS for $390). Also willing to deal if you pay cash. He is always my first stop in the Allentown show.

Yup that is him.(Proof House INC)

This was my 3rd purchase from him, his prices are very good compared to others.

I picked up a post ban Milled MAK-90 off him last year for $400.00 :shock: these sell between $800.00 and 1k currently

and a Russian SKS light refurb for $375.00 I think. I always tell him cash and he knocks the price down. He had another Hakim

non import marked for $50.00 more but it was not as nice and I wanted this for a shooter, I have a ton of 8mm sitting around

collecting dust. That security forces sino for $390 is a deal and a half, This is why I love the shows if you know what to look for you can find hidden gem's. I will have to hit the Allentown show one day to check it out.