sparny524

Glock Bite

Anyone else experience this? Shot about 200 rounds in my G23 the other day and now have a pretty nasty cut on the big part of my hand between the thumb and pointer finger. I have pretty big hands and my grip may have been a bit high but with the compact size of the gun, I feel I have less control with a lower grip. Would a Hogue Slip-on fix the problem, any other solutions? Thanks

Your hand may be larger than the grip on the G23. I would consider getting the pearce mag extension. It extends the grip length and allows you to have a firm hold all the way to the bottom. I have big hands and this helped me when I owned my G23. It's not ideal for concealed carry since it makes the grip bulkier, but we live in New Jersey so why not?

I see RayRay has not been here yet so I must just steal his thunder and say...

GET AN XD! :D

I know people like them but...

The Springfield XD is the most top-heavy, high bore-axis pistol, I think I've ever seen. I'd like to see a study of follow-up shots in a stronger recoiling caliber like 40 or 45 between a Glock and an XD. I have my suspicions as to which gun gets back on target faster.

Your hand may be larger than the grip on the G23. I would consider getting the pearce mag extension. It extends the grip length and allows you to have a firm hold all the way to the bottom. I have big hands and this helped me when I owned my G23. It's not ideal for concealed carry since it makes the grip bulkier, but we live in New Jersey so why not?

Maks, recoil is fine.. it's from when the slide comes back and grazes the top of my hand. Starts to bleed after about 50 rounds (boo hoo) :violin: haha. Lunker, that's the problem... I carry this gun everyday because I live down in VA 9 months out of the year for school. And to answer the XD issue... not a big fan to be honest. I think that may be sacrilege to say on NJGF haha. BUT I am looking into the M&P Compact and H&K USP Compact

There is always the Glock beavertail treatment. Robar does it. Brownells has a DIY guide if you are mechanically inclined.

http://www.robarguns.com/glock.htm

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=1256 ... avertails#

I see RayRay has not been here yet so I must just steal his thunder and say...

GET AN XD! :D

I know people like them but...

The Springfield XD is the most top-heavy, high bore-axis pistol, I think I've ever seen. I'd like to see a study of follow-up shots in a stronger recoiling caliber like 40 or 45 between a Glock and an XD. I have my suspicions as to which gun gets back on target faster.

Bla Bla Bla

Thousands of rounds through my G26, never experienced a "bite", but I don't have your hands. I can see that if you have a lot of flesh in that area that it could push up and graze the bottom of the slide.

Sounds like you either modify your grip, modify the Glock, or get something else to shoot.

Anyone else experience this? Shot about 200 rounds in my G23 the other day and now have a pretty nasty cut on the big part of my hand between the thumb and pointer finger. I have pretty big hands and my grip may have been a bit high but with the compact size of the gun, I feel I have less control with a lower grip. Would a Hogue Slip-on fix the problem, any other solutions? Thanks

I never had any problem like that with my G19, I found the grip was too small though and added a Pachmayr rubber grip and it keeps my hand firmly in place. Check them out.

http://www.amazon.com/Pachmayr-TAC-Grip ... B002AXQIWO

I use the one in the middle of the pic.

Keep that thumb tucked in tight and lower your point of hold on the frame.