Sign in to follow this  
tony357

HIGH WIND AND TIDE..

took some pics today tide is higher tonight as it came up in street through street drains that run to the lagoon. the wind was in excess of 60 mph gusts this afternoon.. recorded at local tackle shop. my lagoon looked like the bay from the wind..

floodtide2.jpg

floodtide003.jpg

floodtide002.jpg

floodtide004.jpg

floodtide005.jpg

The mountain is melting through my yard. I call it my river and it runs a few times a year. It's running hard now as we went out and shoveled down to the gravel paths so it runs around the house and not into the crawlspace. We put the stone paths in around the house to look nice and divert water from the crawlspace. It works when the river runs unless there's snow...so we have to open the channel or it becomes a disaster and shorts out the well pump.

At least I'm down to about 10 inches of snow.

Just spent 1 1/2 hours trying to get home to Somerset from the wifey's 'rents house in Ewing. Could only find one way home as all other routes were flooded out. Hell, even Rt 1 was completely shut down.

Just spent 1 1/2 hours trying to get home to Somerset from the wifey's 'rents house in Ewing. Could only find one way home as all other routes were flooded out. Hell, even Rt 1 was completely shut down.

wow. yeah.

Rt 1 in monmouth junction/south brunswick always get flooded.

how bad were the roads?

wow. yeah.

Rt 1 in monmouth junction/south brunswick always get flooded.

how bad were the roads?

The roads we could get to were no problem for the wifemobile(08 Subaru Forester). But a lot of the roads that usually never have problems were blocked off. Landing Lane bridge and the local Rt 18 split(new brunswck) were both shut down due to flooding.

I think i lost a few tabs off a few shingles on the house. Have to climb up and take a look to be sure. What pissed me off more is that i found a few pieces lying on the hood of the truck. :roll: