Sign in to follow this  
georgemc

Say 'ello to my lil friend

How do you like the Armed Forces laser sight module? Does it bleed or is it a relatively clear laser? I'm thinking about adding a laser to my system for redundancy purposes, though I'm not really too thrilled about a lot of the modules out there. For the price that some are asking for cheap knockoffs, I might as well save up for a couple years (ha) and get an AN/PEQ-5 for my money's worth.

How do you like the Armed Forces laser sight module? Does it bleed or is it a relatively clear laser? I'm thinking about adding a laser to my system for redundancy purposes, though I'm not really too thrilled about a lot of the modules out there. For the price that some are asking for cheap knockoffs, I might as well save up for a couple years (ha) and get an AN/PEQ-5 for my money's worth.

Not too bad for now. Have to get a new battery and retest it. So far, so good.

George,that thing is beautiful!!! forget about the weight or the guys saying it's too tacticool. They is jealous homie! You've just been promoted to heavy machine gunner on the northern squad.

Yea man, I'm with Ray Ray-- I think the AK looks just fine. Looks a bit heavy, but we can only get stronger... plus, if/when the zombies come-- hopefully you'll have more backup to cover your end when you have to haul that thing ;)

Nah not worried what others say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even thou they are quick to judge but when asked for a scope suggestion, no one replies..lol

Doesn't feel heavy to me, prob cuz I'm always carrying heavy stuff around the plant. Besides, when the ammo runs out, I can always use it to club the zombies.

But I am getting a lower profile scope and some other furniture to see how it will look and feel. Always can save what I got for the next one ;). I've just ordered the Tapco G2 trigger group. Lil worried when I try to install it and all. Don't wanna mess up my lil baby here.

looks good, so you are going to move the trigger forward correct? how about the bullet guide to use real ak mags?

personally not sure if I'd like to mess around with that one..looks like a pain in arse to install. Long as I can get mags to load ammo, not to worried about it at this time.

Been getting some info from other members here..I really appreciate their help.

Thank you guys.

im with you on that, i like my things heavy duty, i plan on putting a metal stock, i dont want plastic on my saiga. im not sure on the forearm though, i wish they had a shorter version of what you have on yours. good luck with it and fun!!!

correct. My M249, aka "the pig" Full up momma sized. Nothing cut down about that thing. I had a 400 day marriage with that thing.

That is the fullest armor you can get outside of a bombsquad. Front and rear plates, left and right sides as well. The Wings were an extra touch the commander wanted- those are Kevlar.

100 round 'nutsack' 3x200 round drums about the body. That was still 100 rounds short of the basic load, because once we got to another FOB it was easier to carry the 100 round bag and not the drum.

Incidentaly, that sling is a jury rigged Spec Ops version originally made for the M4. I was issued it and I figured I could make it work and not have to spend the extra cash.

Ugh, I didn't enjoy the IOTV any more then the old IBAs (though I just used those for training, never in the field). I was fortunate enough to be able to field the MBAV, and it was pretty darn slick. Further, the SOP I had to abide by reduced our combat load significantly (for mobility and quarters reasons, not operational per se), so I traveled very light. I have to definitely give my respect and props to you for dealing with that :p

Have you looked at laserlyte K-15?? It's priced at or around $200 (Midway has them for $199 I think), and has a similar design to the PEQ-5. It's a green laser variant.

http://www.laserlyte.com/New_Products/New_K-15.html

I don't have one, but have been considering it. The reports of people who own them seem to be pretty good for the price range.

Ugh, I didn't enjoy the IOTV any more then the old IBAs (though I just used those for training, never in the field). I was fortunate enough to be able to field the MBAV, and it was pretty darn slick. Further, the SOP I had to abide by reduced our combat load significantly (for mobility and quarters reasons, not operational per se), so I traveled very light. I have to definitely give my respect and props to you for dealing with that :p

Yeesh. I have to admit I had to look up all those initials. I had no idea there were new vests. That one and the SAW gave me the only lasting injury I got from the military in the form of tendonitis in the shoulder. The new vests don't seem to hang on the shoulder.

:cry: I would have liked that.