usnmars

Would this be legal? IT CAME!!! 5-12-10

I am debating on getting one of these, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=162849977 but dont know where to start on the legality. It has a flash hider, and pistol grip. If I keep it to 15rd belts it should be good for The Peoples Republic of New Jersey right?

I am debating on getting one of these, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=162849977 but dont know where to start on the legality. It has a flash hider, and pistol grip. If I keep it to 15rd belts it should be good for The Peoples Republic of New Jersey right?

is it banned by name? is some variant of it banned by name?

pretty sure they treat the "belt" as a "detachable magazine" since it holds ammunition and is in fact detachable.. so at the very least you would have to give up the flash hider?

this is JUST a guess since im not familiar with the firearm at all..

Well you need to keep the flash hider type piece as it holds the booster cone on the gun since it is part of the barrel recoil system. There are no Muzzle Breaks for these.Also keep in mind that the barrel shroud is threaded and not the actual barrel.

I have been told that a belt alone is not a high cap mag, but if it is in a drum or ammo can it would be. So it all falls on if a belt is considered a High Cap mag or not. There is no pushing a mag release with a belt fed you need to open the topcover.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/RI1399B-X.html

granted that comes with 100 round belt.. but as it sits they will not sell it to NJ

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is

capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly

therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been

permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will

cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which

has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood

or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

notice when they define large cap magazine it says "or other container" again NOT to side with the state but i would say a belt fed gun in wacky NJ the belt would be considered a magazine.. as it is a "container" which holds ammunition to be fed into a semi automatic firearm..

Ray Ray

that might be me with the 30 cal :D

Eric has seen it and I say he cant have the MG42 because its way cooler then my 1919 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and the cloth belts can not be more then 15 and you can own as many links as you want just as long as you dont link them more the 15.

Ray Ray

that might be me with the 30 cal :D

Eric has seen it and I say he cant have the MG42 because its way cooler then my 1919 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and the cloth belts can not be more then 15 and you can own as many links as you want just as long as you dont link them more the 15.

but it CAN have a flash hider? :?

Eric, a guy on here owns a 30 cal machine gun. It's totally legal as long as he only connects 15 rounds to each belt. I'm trying to find his pics of it.

#1 it is a Semi-automatic 1919 A4 it is NOT A MACHINE GUN

#2 you are correct in that only 15 rounds can be linked together.

#3 While the M-53 would probably be legal as is (i believe the "Flash hider" is actually a pressure regulator), the DIFFICULTY is that those particular firearms used non-disintegrating Belts, which makes it a MAJOR pain in the toochis, since you cant have a belt shipped to you, even if you are fully intending on clipping it down to 15 round sections, as the mere possession of it, since it is indeed an "Ammunition Loading Device" will get you in hot water. the Sovier PRD semis that are out there have similar problems the com-bloc nations also used non-disintegrating belts as well.

i would not roll the dice assuming a "flash hider" is NOT a "flash hider" i would personally stick to something that is CLEARLY not a "flash hider"

Thanks a million for the link Jeff, I emailed them right away. Even though they are out of stock currently I am hoping they let me pre-order. I have a big bonus coming in at work soon and have always wanted one of these. So hopefully by the summer we can meet up at CR and play with the MG-42!!!!!!! :dance:

WOW!!!!!! the semi MG is a GO! I have one being shipped from the manufacturer to a place to get modified to be NJ legal! So hopefully by the time I get home, I should have a semi auto MG42 waiting on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: CR WATCH OUT

That's awesome! Hopefully you'll post pics, I'm curious what they mod on the booster cone to make it a non flash hider.

Make sure that the muzzle brake is removable because you may need to use a different size booster under the muzzle cone. Keep in mind the threaded barrel rule should not apply as the barrel jacket is threaded not the barrel.