71ragtopgoat

N.J. man, fiancee slain during apparent carjacking

Sad. Prayers for their family.

CCW may have helped. There may be some history and not just a botched car jacking, time will out these thugs, it always does. For what it's worth what theft prevention system doesn't just use the key to the car? I'm sure they exist, not very common. You'd think they'd just take the keys off the victims.

3am in Jersey city though...ooof, you'll never find me near there at that hour.

I think BMW has a push button starter(ignition). The driver carries a fob on them that signals the theft device.

Well, sure, but I mean couldn't they just get that out of his pockets, her purse or was it key fob + key code or some such thing?

thats crazy. This ruins the 1 month of murder free nj.

it was Newark that was celebrating the Murder Free month, not the state in general.

Humn, heard on the radio today that it was even for the whole state.

ok. =)

Just terrible news. If we were able to ccw, that might not have been the outcome. We might have been celebrating the loss of a low life scum bag that got shot for trying to car jack an innocent citizen.

It's nice to know that Corslime elliminated the death penalty, cause these 3 need it!

Cant really pin that on him. They havent executed anyone here in decades, even when the DP was Legal after the SCOTUS decision that it was unconstitutional was overturned. To be Blunt, as much as i APPROVE of the concept of Capital Punishment, in it's current iteration in most states, it is pointless. Literally deacdes of appeals, to the point that the attorneys appeal TYPOS in the transcripts, even when the Accused doesnt oppose his own Execution, you have grouops of "Do-Gooders' who file appeals on his or her behalf.