sonman

my new Sig P229 .40 photos

I really like the non-railed P229 (as evidenced by the fact that I own one) - they look so much sleeker than the railed versions. Was yours a CPO? Looks to be in great shape. Mine is configured in .357 Sig, but I also have a .40 S&W barrel for it. Enjoy - it is a great gun - you did good.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I bought it from NJ-Tom, another forum member. He bought new for his wife but it didn't fit her hand so it has been sitting in his safe ever since. He never fired it or even loaded it, so it was NIB when I got it from him. I have already loaded it and fired it with some of the 100 rounds Tom added to the deal, thanks Tom.

Very nice. Yes the older guns were made better. Looks like the hammer has the plum color, depending on the year you might have all forged internal rather than the newer MIM parts. Is the back of the trigger solid or hollow?

Congrats on the Sig. I am waiting on my new Stainless p229 in .40 to come in. I have shot both old and new and to be honest, I feel no difference. Rail or no rail makes no difference to me.

Was yours a CPO? Looks to be in great shape. Mine is configured in .357 Sig.

Hi Pizza Bob, I can't figure out what CPO is. I was thinking about getting the .357 barrel. Do you prefer one over the other?

Is the back of the trigger solid or hollow?

Hi autoxnyc, the back of the trigger is solid.