autoxnyc

Best Price on Glock(NJ)?

Lunker - who do you purchase the glock from? Any retailer or through GSSF?

It has to be through a special Glock authorized law enforcement dealer, or if you live too far away from one you can order from one in another state and have it shipped to your FFL. I think the only one in Jersey now is Lawmen's Supply down in Egg Harbor. I bought mine from the Lawmen's store in Paterson (which is now closed). They were really good people to deal with.

Eh - might not be worth it - $25 for GSSF + $50 (Approx) for FFL + NICS + tax, you're not saving that much for the hassle... heh. It all depends on how much you can save I guess!

No tax if purchased out of state, but you have to figure on shipping. NICS you pay no matter what.

I suspect Vinny or Tony will sell you a Glock for less than you are going to get it from the GSSF or any standard gun store. Vinny got me my son's shotgun for vastly less than even the cheapest prices on gunbroker, and Tony got me my S&W 44 magnum for vastly less than any other place I've ever seen it (and it was also not available anywhere, until Tony found one for me).

Give the sponsors a try, and I bet they blow you away on the price.

I don't think anyone in NJ qualifies for the transfer option (because our state is relatively small). It's meant for states like Montana where you might have a six hour drive somewhere. I will say the price is excellent. You will be supporting a NJ Dealer, albeit not a site sponsor.

if you dont mind used check deeper in the market place, i saw 2 different people selling glocks in the past weeks...

That is true, check the marketplace here.

Also, Paul (arms-n-ammo) and Tony (TJ Sporting Arms) are the two best FFL's here and have great prices.

I paid $399.00+tax+Nic for my Glock 17RTF2 through GSSF purchase program i was not getting that price anywhere else.

The only place i know who participates in Gssf discount program is Lawmen Supply in Egg Harbor City. The best part is there is an outside range on a 3 miles distance from them so it was fun buying it and shooting it right than and there. As far as Lawmen goes they are very professional and awesome, good customer service. They sold me the blue label Glock for $432.00 OTD.

I asked if he could do anything better and they gave me the third magazine for free so there you another savings of $30.00.

$ 432 for the blue label and three mags just can not get better than that for a new Glock. I heard the Gen4 Glocks are for $ 425.00 instead of 399.99.

I do not know of a single place in NJ who could sell you at that price and the membership procedure is very simple. Download the membership form from www.gssfonline.com fax it to the number and within 2 weeks you will receive your package with some free goodies from Glock(like the hat a lot) and if you call them please ask Donna B to send you the purchase voucher ASAP.

Hope this helps you G34 is an amazing handgun i am also planing on getting the G34 Slide and a barrel for my G17 frame.

My Glock was a blue label so it comes with 3 mags, i think white and red label Glocks come with only 3 mags. If you go to Lawman Supply in Egg harbor city they usually throw in the 3rd mag for free. Sometimes they also give you a good deal on night sights also. I wanted the stock sights but i think it was only $ 40 more for the TrueGlo sights. I think i made a mistake not to get them.

So you learn i guess next time for sure, I am planing to get a Glock 19 this year and will get night sights on it for sure.

Glockmeister.com has them on sale for $ 49.00 right now if someone wants to get them.

GSSF is great... it will give you the opportunity to buy a discounted Glock (it looks like they're about $510 now... 19/17/22/23's are less), but it will also allow you to patticipate in other GSSF programs, such as indoor and outdoor matches and the armorer's course (which entitles you to purchase at armorer's pricing, which is a bit less). To my knowledge, Lawman is the only participating dealer in NJ right now. I vote you join GSSF and see what they have to offer whether you buy the G34 that way or not. :mrgreen:

Other options...

If you are police/fire/EMS or military, ask wherever you buy if that qualifies you for any special pricing. It might, especially at Lawman (because they are the official LE dealer in NJ, and Glock considers all of the above to be first responders... your mileage may vary of course).

Use the forum price comparison tool. Great folks here.

I have purchased from Mike's in Fairview. Good guy, has a good selection and gave me a reasonable price.

If time is a factor (depending on when your permit expires) call around and see how long each shop will take to get your G34... that might be a deciding factor in itself.

If you buy from a LE place, or anything blue label (or even if not, just ask), verify what connector it comes with, if that matters to you. Most people assume G34's come with 3.5# trigger connectors... the LE models may have 5.5#'s (mine does... it's written right on the box label). This may or may not even matter to you... I like the 5.5 better, the 3.5 lacks a positive trigger reset IMO. But if you get the 5.5 and want the 3.5, it may cost you up to $25 to swap later.