sirsloop

Shoreshot Fun shoot TODAY 6/28 7pm.

I wish I could. Andy, who runs it is a good guy.

Some friends from there go there every week to shoot, and they love it. Bring a $10. I think everyone kicks in to win a pot of money. If you meet Guy (with the CZ75) or John (with the Glock), tell them Big Chris said hello.

Have fun.

Figured I'd go down and check it out today... 7pm in case anyone else is interested. Tall dude with a stainless Taurus PT-99.

-JD

I've been wanting to make a run down there for a while, we should plan something. Kinda a "bullet Hole" invasion of ShoreShot!

Figured I'd go down and check it out today... 7pm in case anyone else is interested. Tall dude with a stainless Taurus PT-99.

-JD

I've been wanting to make a run down there for a while, we should plan something. Kinda a "bullet Hole" invasion of ShoreShot!

Ray,

Let me know when. I would like to tag along. I passed by the Bullet Hole on Saturday morning on my travels, but sadly was doing work all day and had no pistolos in the car for a quick visit.

Kinda pissd... Called this afternoon and confirmed it was on. I get there and the place is locked up empty!!! WTF! So much for that... Wasted an couple hours driving around :(

It wasn't locked up empty. It was locked up full! Once the fun shoot begins they lock the main door. You need to get there around 6:15-6:30 to get in the main entrance. If you get there after that you need to knock loudly on the side door (to the right of the main entrance). I did the same thing once.

That sucks. I wonder what happened. Fun shoot night always gets at least a few people. You should PM user SHORE_SHOT (Kyle, the VP of Shore Shot) on this sight and let him know what happened. I am sure he will check into it for you and hopefully he would hook you up with a free shooting session or ammo or something to make up for the aggravation.

I talked to Andy last night about this. He works at Shore Shot and runs the fun shoots. Andy had run the Glock match at Central Jersey RPC the prior weekend and wasn't going to have the fun shoot on Monday. It seems that not all the employees got the message, or forgot the message.

There was no msg. And i let andy know how I felt about not letting any one know. I sat around until 645 and let everyone know. I must have just missed you because I had asked if anyone had called and a couple said they did. The reason I didnt leave a note or stay around was because none of the regulars where there so I thought the word had gotten out. Sorry for any inconviences. Because the Fun Shoot is strictly a thing to have the members and users of the range have something fun to do and not an income maker.

Went well...I came in 4th out of 23 on both stages. I had a stovepipe on the first stage which I think cost me 3rd place on that one. I racked it out and was penalized for a miss on the last target (live round laying on the floor). I've practiced clearing malfunctions and was happy that it was instinctive for me to recognize the problem, clear it, and resume shooting. It was my first time getting one on this pistol after a few thousand rounds... it was Federal 115g brass fmj. The penalty for lousy accuracy was extremely high, so it paid off to shoot slow and put them in the A-B rings. Lots of guys were really runnin and gunnin so it cost them greatly after time was added back on. In a real life scenario, anything on the cardboard is probably good enough, but as far as this competition goes... take the time to get on your front sight and put them in the middle.

First stage was shooting at around ~7 yards. Shooter started at like 10yards sitting. There were 5 targets at alternating heights with a paper plate attached indicating "no shoot" area (aka the baby). At the shooting line there were two cardboard barricades that made three firing positions (left, middle, right). You had to put 2 rounds into each target shooting no more than one target at a time from a firing position. So stand up, draw, shoot, move, shoot, move, etc. You repeated this 4 times, so 40 rds, then scores were tallied.

Second stage was 5 targets at similar heights, with no "no shoot" zones. At maybe ~12 yards there was a cardboard barricade with a window cut into it. At 5 yards there was another barricade with a window cut into it. The shooter started around the 15yr mark, standing with hands in the air. Move to the first window, draw, and shoot two rounds each into the 5 targets through the window, move to the 2nd barricade while reloading, shoot 2 into each target through the 2nd window. Repeat once, 40 rounds total, scored tallied.

You do not have to be a member to participate in the fun shoots. I think it is like $15.00 or $20.00 to shoot and an extra $5.00 if you want to join the pool. I have been to many of them, they change up what they do each week. Some days they will have bowling pins, which are challenging to knock over.