Matt

Man this is rough, not suprising for the UK though.

wow with laws like that there must be NO crime there!

Thank GOD this willful scofflaw has been taken off the streets to be reformed and, another ILLEGAL GUN has been safely removed from circulation, so it can no longer shoot innocent children. [/sarcasm] :doh:

More importantly, as a NJ resident with adult children living at home, if an officer shows up at my door with an arrest warrant for one of them for failure to appear in traffic court, does the officer have a right to enter my home and look for him or her without my consent?

More importantly, as a NJ resident with adult children living at home, if an officer shows up at my door with an arrest warrant for one of them for failure to appear in traffic court, does the officer have a right to enter my home and look for him or her without my consent?

If the police have a warrant for your address for a person that is suspected of being there and the police have no reason to belive that it is the incorrect address, yes, they can search your house for that person in all reasonable places that the person may be found. But, they must stop searching once they find the person.

So, in the newspaper's scenario, a good lawyer could likely get you off the hook, because it's not reasonable for a person to be under a mattress (depending on the bed's type). You might go "free," but, you'd never get the gun back.

So, I would keep my guns locked or enclosed out of plain sight in boxes smaller than my adult children could fit into, if my children had a habit of not appearing for summonses.