Pizza Bob

PA Gun Store Road Trip

Anybody off during the week and want to do a tour of four primo PA gun stores? Make it to my house and I'll drive from there. The stores I want to visit are:

1) Surplus City

2) Classic Pistol

3) Tanner's

4) Quinby's

Don't forget, we can buy longarms, no problem - just need your FPID and a CE (available on-line). Handguns, just have them ship to a NJ FFL - I'll be glad to supply the name of the guy I use or use your own. Or just window shop - which is probably all I'll do, unless that certain gun, that I am currently pursuing, happens to be at one of these shops.

Probably find time to hit a Starbucks in there somewhere. Any weekday but Monday (some PA gun stores are closed Mondays) - as soon as tomorrow or sometime next week.

PM me if you're interested.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'd love to come along. But I'm working nights until the 9th. Once I get back to days I'm in.

This seems contradictory. It would seem that if you are working nights, you'd be free days - albeit late in the day, if you value such trifles as sleep.

I just figured I'm due to make the rounds and it's always more fun to share the experience.

Still looking.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'd love to come along. But I'm working nights until the 9th. Once I get back to days I'm in.

This seems contradictory. It would seem that if you are working nights, you'd be free days - albeit late in the day, if you value such trifles as sleep.

I just figured I'm due to make the rounds and it's always more fun to share the experience.

Still looking.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

:lol: Not yet awake so my point didn't come across properly.

I work a pitman schedule which means I'm off Monday-Tuesday and Friday on one week, than Wednesday-Thursday of the following week, and I switch nights and days every two weeks. So long as I'm on a "day shift" sleep schedule and not working, I'm in for a road trip.

Before hitting Tanners check their auctions on Gunbroker. Sometimes there are some sweet deals to be had and if you call before you can save on shipping.

main site: http://tannerssportcenter.com/

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=250902

They also tend to have some pretty good deals on pre-owned.

Sheeeesh, people, you gotta get your priorities straight. Whoever heard of letting work interfere with leisure time????? (Easy to say when you're unemployed). I'm doing this with or without a sidekick, so sound-off if you're up for a roadtrip during the week.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the kind words Frank. He's being modest. We've been around a lot of the same blocks a time or two.

Nothing that leaped out at us or followed us home, but there were some interesting pieces. A 5" nickel Model 27 for $575 comes to mind. As does a 5" Model 625 - but the rare one "Model of 1988", but it was a little dear at $875 IIRC. A used SS S&W 1911 for $599 and one of the S&W Pro Series 9mm 1911's (like Maksim's), used for $999. A plethora of J-Frames of all variants. A new 325 Night Guard and one of the new Remington R1 1911's - pretty impressive for the money and all USA made. Saw a 1917 S&W that someone had converted to .45 Colt - a little rough, but not too bad. A gaggle of new Wilsons. A 7.65 Luger (Frank spotted that one). And lots of other goodies that my mind fails to remember right now (have CRS disease). A good time was had by all. If any of the mentioned goodies above piques your interest, let me know and I'll try to remember where we saw what :mrgreen:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Any good deals on C&R rifles Bob?

Frank (Old School) paid more attention to that than I did, but we both agreed that milsurp really doesn't do much for us, thus we really weren't looking too closely. If I recall, he thought that generally the pricing in PA was comparatively very good. There was milsurp in every store we went into (we added one to the original list - Target World in Chalfont, PA), with probably the most at Surplus City - as has been noted previously on this board. Sorry I couldn't be more concise, maybe Frank will jump in with his recollections.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Almost all. Frank bought a pound of Winchester 231 at Tanner's. I think all but Surplus City had reloading supplies - I may even be wrong about SC.

Adios,

Pizza Bob