TonyJ

Question on -CENTRAL JERSEY RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB

All good news to my ears...JimmyAGR I may take you up on your offer.  

I noticed on their website that they have a lot of events on the weekends - that doesn't impact the availability for shooters not competing?

No it does not, depending on the range used the other will pick up the use. So if the 300 is used then the 200 will take on non match use. They always have pits for members as no match will use them all. 

That $600 Capital Improvement fee is a deal breaker for me.  No idea what the club's motive is for that but I bet it keeps many from joining.  I'm very happy to drive the extra miles to Range-14.  $60 a year and $4/hr is much more sensible.

That $600 Capital Improvement fee is a deal breaker for me.  No idea what the club's motive is for that but I bet it keeps many from joining.  I'm very happy to drive the extra miles to Range-14.  $60 a year and $4/hr is much more sensible.

Have YOU ever been at CJ to shoot?  I'll tell you a secret:  The MOTIVE you're looking for is simple:  Keep the Trash out, and I'm NOT talking about folks on fixed incomes--I'm talking about SLOBS!  Ya see, when a MEMBER of a private club pays that kind of money, they tend to treat the grounds with respect, like it was their own back yard (or NICER)!  And all of the members tend to help each other, look out for each other, etc.  Then there's the fact that they don't have to put up with the Range being called "COLD" almost half of the clock time you're PAYING FOR!

To even compare the two (CJ and Range #14) is simply ludicrous, and I say this having only been guested there and have shot leagues there.  There REALLY is a difference worth paying for, and my assumption is the THOUSANDS of members they have at CJ will attest to that.........  Having said all that, to each their own, and may you enjoy the shooting sports wherever you decide to go.

That capitol fee is also to keep improving the property and to also buy more land when it becomes available. It might seem like a lot but it pays over time.

That $600 Capital Improvement fee is a deal breaker for me. No idea what the club's motive is for that but I bet it keeps many from joining. I'm very happy to drive the extra miles to Range-14. $60 a year and $4/hr is much more sensible.

As others have said you really cant compare them. For me the convenience and privacy is more than worth it.

I shot at range 14 before I joined CJ. I went there maybe 4x a year bc I was never off when they were open. When I did get there I had to deal with ceasefires every 30 min that took 15 min each. And then there were the RO's who are incessantly nosey. But it is cheap.

For me, I will gladly trade my money for the ability to shoot whenever I feel like it and not deal with ro's, ceasefires, or wondering if I will get a lane when its busy.

Well, you boys enjoy your country club. My father did basic at Ft. Dix in 1945 so it's good enough for riffraff like me.

I was a member there since I was 16. It got too crowded and too busy for my liking. Being open 2 days a week was a deal breaker.

Have YOU ever been at CJ to shoot?  I'll tell you a secret:  The MOTIVE you're looking for is simple:  Keep the Trash out, and I'm NOT talking about folks on fixed incomes--I'm talking about SLOBS!  Ya see, when a MEMBER of a private club pays that kind of money, they tend to treat the grounds with respect, like it was their own back yard (or NICER)!  And all of the members tend to help each other, look out for each other, etc.  Then there's the fact that they don't have to put up with the Range being called "COLD" almost half of the clock time you're PAYING FOR!

To even compare the two (CJ and Range #14) is simply ludicrous, and I say this having only been guested there and have shot leagues there.  There REALLY is a difference worth paying for, and my assumption is the THOUSANDS of members they have at CJ will attest to that.........  Having said all that, to each their own, and may you enjoy the shooting sports wherever you decide to go.

Absolutely correct!  I have met many great people there. 

As others have said you really cant compare them. For me the convenience and privacy is more than worth it.

I shot at range 14 before I joined CJ. I went there maybe 4x a year bc I was never off when they were open. When I did get there I had to deal with ceasefires every 30 min that took 15 min each. And then there were the RO's who are incessantly nosey. But it is cheap.

For me, I will gladly trade my money for the ability to shoot whenever I feel like it and not deal with ro's, ceasefires, or wondering if I will get a lane when its busy.

Thats rite.  That way we can stand there and BS and shoot at our own pace.  Im still resisting the Tavor for now since NJPilot costs me a bunch of cash by letting me fire a few of his guns!

i belonged to one other club (that I wont name) and left because I did not fit into the "click" that was in charge.  I went to range 14 after that and then here.  Im not going anywhere!  CJRPC is expensive to get in but worth every penny.

Ken

Thats rite.  That way we can stand there and BS and shoot at our own pace.  Im still resisting the Tavor for now since NJPilot costs me a bunch of cash by letting me fire a few of his guns!

Ken

Sorry about that Ken. Ok, no more shooting my guns for you!! (Just kidding)

Did you get the 220?

NJPilot guest me and my wife in a couple of years ago and we joined immediately, it was a no brainer for us.

Between the two of us, we spend on average 3+ hrs each day at CJRPC but no more than 2x a month.  That's easily $120 a day if we went to an indoor range for the two of us.  We can guest in another person for a total of 3 sometimes, so it make total financial sense.  Plus it's a great place with really nice people.

This isn't gospel (since I'm NOT a member), but I remember seeing the rules posted by others in a previous thread.  I believe no steel core at the indoor range and on the steel targets, at a minimum.  May also be restrictions on AP, Incendiary, and other exotics.  Members will no doubt post a link for all to read soon.

Dave

Sorry about that Ken. Ok, no more shooting my guns for you!! (Just kidding)

Did you get the 220?

HAHA!  Not yet..  I hit a little roadblock in my life.  It has everything to do with my situation I told you about last time at the range.  There is an end in sight though!

Ken

hello everyone, I am also looking into either joining obrpc or CJ. I am located in Manalapan so im right in the middle of both of them. The one question that i have is that i usually shoot with my father, he is not going to be joining the club because he does not have a FID or any guns he just comes with me for the company and to take a few shots. What are the policies on bringing in guests if i wanted to bring my father or even my brother sometimes

hello everyone, I am also looking into either joining obrpc or CJ. I am located in Manalapan so im right in the middle of both of them. The one question that i have is that i usually shoot with my father, he is not going to be joining the club because he does not have a FID or any guns he just comes with me for the company and to take a few shots. What are the policies on bringing in guests if i wanted to bring my father or even my brother sometimes

CJ allows 2 guests per visit (excluding spouse and dependents)..any guest may be brought up to 3 times per year...not sure about OB..

great thank you jrfly3006 that should cover my visits until i meet some new guys to shoot with. Looks like i will be looking to join pretty soon. So if i am correct it is $600 for the first year, and you can pay 300 up front and then the rest in quarterly payments

Check the website for exact payment info but yes they let you break up the capital payment...If you like when the weather is a little more copperative I can guest you in and show you around and do a little shooting also..

Dont check the website!  It has incorrect info on it still!  You will have to either pay the $600 outrite or take the payment plan.  I know they break it up into at least half, maybe 4 payments.  You will have to pay the balance of the first years dues also.  The dues are calculated at $25 per month ($300/12 months).  If they break the capital contribution fee in half and you join next month you will have to write a check for $550 for the balance of the year. 

You don't need to worry about finding shooting buddies if you are a social person.  I have been a member for three years and I have met about 25 people there that I get together and shoot with from time to time.  The club is worth it if you are serious about shooting.

Ken