tuktuk

Gun shops and ranges around Edison

well u can go to the rutgers gun and boat center, but its not really a nice place. They have a small selection on hand but can order anything. A nice old man runs the place but when I say old i mean it. When you walk in you'll feel like you are back in the 50's there. Their transfer fees are high so i dont use them for that..but if you really have to have something ordered locally you can always go to them. They are in highland park right off rt27

mark at rutgers was old back in the 60's when i first went there , they also have most any gun book you could want in stock - also sayreville sports man - used to be six + gun shops in edison at one time - ranges , south river + carteret -

Sayreville Sportsman is pretty close and has a decent selection of new, used, and vintage rifles/shotguns, and an ok pistol selection. ShoreShot has a lot more pistols, and not as many rifles. Brick has an average selection. Dicks Sporting Goods in Woodbridge Center Mall has a fairly large rifle and shotgun collection. I was actually pretty surprised on how much stuff they have upstairs there.

what are you looking to buy?

well basically my cousin who lives in Edison finally got all his paperwork done. and as a present to his bday that passed i want to buy a shotgun for him >>> most prob Benelli Super Nova Tactical. so im lookin for sometin close to him cause its already a 50mins drive for me from Fair Lawn to Edison....

what are you looking to buy?

well basically my cousin who lives in Edison finally got all his paperwork done. and as a present to his bday that passed i want to buy a shotgun for him >>> most prob Benelli Super Nova Tactical. so im lookin for sometin close to him cause its already a 50mins drive for me from Fair Lawn to Edison....

They have a Dick's in Menlo Park.

Brick Armory and Sure shot are your best bets.

About 45mn.

Disagree. NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway is significantly closer, isn't any more expensive (all three are expensive), but has significantly more in stock than either (probably more in stock than both combined).

Forum readers know I have mixed feelings about the NJFAG, but they are really close and have a lot in stock.

Brick Armory has a truly unimpressive stock.

-Dave

I'd call Dicks in Woodbridge Center mall and if they have it in stock... they have huge rack of shotguns and rifles there. You can try some local guys, but I think the easiest would be that Dicks. I kinda hate going to dicks tho cause their staff is pretty clueless. They usually aren't gun people...

Brick Armory and Sure shot are your best bets.

About 45mn.

Disagree. NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway is significantly closer, isn't any more expensive (all three are expensive), but has significantly more in stock than either (probably more in stock than both combined).

Forum readers know I have mixed feelings about the NJFAG, but they are really close and have a lot in stock.

Brick Armory has a truly unimpressive stock.

-Dave

Specifically talking about ranges, not shops.

They have that back room loaded to the MAXXXXX at bullethole!

IMO they load it well past reasonable capacity. With so many packed people in there it not even enjoyable. I remember going there my last time about a year ago, elbow to elbow on weekends, the booth is cramped, the line is so cramped you cant even open the door, bags all over the floor damn near tripping over them. Ugh. Never again.

The NJFG isn't really expensive. I've bought most of my guns there. Their used guns are a paticularly good buy as you save a lot of money, get a warrentee, have a gunsmith there to back it up with salesmen who are gun people. They show you how to field strip a new gun and give all support info.

Their inventory is great!

You can also try Effingers Sporting Goods right in Bound Brook, they are a 20 min drive up 287. They carry Rifle, shotgun, and hand guns.

I got my wife's .38 snubby from them and a ruger 10-22. I think they have Ok prices too.

Don't buy ammo there, they mark it up about 80%. Also their new guns are marked up wayyyy too much. There are deals to be had on the used/consignment racks, though.