ChrisJM981

Conceal Carry Holster

My gf is asking me for birthday present ideas and I figured why not get a holster. :D I'm looking for a CCW holster for my XD9 3" Sub compact. Any recommendations? I think I have to go inside the waistband. I don't quite have enough "Chunk" ;) to wear it on my belt without anybody noticing.

It's no secret that I'm partial to Milt Sparks Versa Max II's. Long wait to get one, but worth it. When you see people willing to pay $100 or more over MSRP, rather than wait - that should tell you something. YMMV.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have a few Desantis holsters, and I like their products. I have a pocket holster for my LCR and it's as smooth as butta! I also have a leather OWB holster for my 686, and it's sharp lookin!

I" ve got to agree with Pizza Bob. There is nothing like a Milt Sparks Versa Max II which I carry my Sig in. I do however love my TT Gunleather IWB for my G36. It's as close a match for the Milt Sparks as you can get. Any IWB with the belt loops spaced wide apart is going to distribute weight better and be more secure. The IWB's with the loops close together shift around a lot. Remember, the most important part of the rig is your belt. Make sure it is built for carrying a gun. http://www.thebeltman.net/

Thanks for all the suggestions! Now I have to look them all over. :think: The instructor from Gun For Hire recommended The Beltman as well. I guess I should wait on the holster before ordering the belt for sizing purposes.

+1 on the Crossbreed Supertuck. Just got mine last week. They also do belts for about $10 less than the beltman.

Look on the sites Chris, they tell you how to measure for the belt. If you order from Crossbreed, thye ship together, saves you on shipping costs.

Got it in 2 weeks.

It's no secret that I'm partial to Milt Sparks Versa Max II's. Long wait to get one, but worth it. When you see people willing to pay $100 or more over MSRP, rather than wait - that should tell you something. YMMV.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Very tempting...... they look beautiful....

where is everyone carrying these concealed pistols?? certainly not in this state.

Folks probably got the FL and Utah non res permit, which is easy to get and accepted in like 28+ states. FIRST steps class or hunting license for FL, take a class given by a certified UT instructor for Utah.