Krdshrk

Mossberg 500 Persuader/Cruiser

You'll know if the barrel is threaded if it has a cage on the end. The Mossy 590 has them, not the 500 series.

As for the capacity, some shotguns are sold with wooden plugs that limit the capicity. If you want more rounds, get an extension tube.

If you want a "real" shotgun, buy a Remy!

Well - no success. Went to the Walmart in Levittown, PA - no guns at all... only ammo... so I picked up 2 boxes of 100 12GA shells. $20/box. Prepping for clay shooting. Picked up a thrower and a box of clays too... heh.

Then stopped by the Dick's in Princeton. They had the Mossberg 500 Field/Deer combo that Bulpup has, but not the Field/Security combo. I'll call up the Dick's in Woodbridge and East Brunswick to see if they have 'em. I got the Dick's item # from the guy so we'll see if anyone has it.

hey guys, which Dick's do you think is better, as far as gun selection is concerned - Woodbridge or East Brunswick?

I think woodbridge. I called east brunswick once for a shotgun and they said they didnt have em, call woodbridge for those kinda shotguns (refering to beretta over unders) so I'de assume woodbridge has more selection

yah, and it's a better drive. I'm not about to buy anymore just yet, after I get this Mossy tomorrow.... but it's always cool to go look at guns and stuff...

Krdshrk - how's the search for the perfect shotgun for the best price going?

NICK!!! it's 5 + 1! I just put 5 shells in the tube. and the wood in NICE! much nicer than it looks on the pictures. the only down is the "golden trigger", but that could betaken care of. it's way lighter than that 20" bbl 7 +1, better target acquisition. dude, get it!!!

OK well I'm picking up a M500 with an 18.5" Barrel.... but now I need a longer one....

Anyone think this one's ok?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =186418051

Nick,

Call Mossberg. They have items not listed on their website or catalog. I picked up a factory new 18.5" security barrel for $75. I think $99 is too much for a used one.

Manufacturer always charges top $$$ because they have to protect there retailers. Look at the MSRP on the manufacturers websites and then look at buds gun shop prices, for example. I know with the 1911 I want theres something like a $400 difference (cheaper being NOT from S&W)

I would've thought the manufacturer would be more expensive too. They usually are. In my case, the sales rep told me about a barrel that is not sold in the packaging you see in stores. The security barrel I bought goes for at least $90 in stores. The plain one I bought (no fancy plastic container) is $75. It's not going to cost you anything more than ten minutes of your day to call Mossberg and ask.

OK well I'm picking up a M500 with an 18.5" Barrel.... but now I need a longer one....

Anyone think this one's ok?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =186418051

What's wrong with that barrel? Feel it out and then see if you want the longer one.