Lunicy

Central Jersey Discussion

+1, BA needs to figure out what their business model is/should be, cost structure, etc., why even mention their issues to us!? A member/customer deserves much better treatment (bad day or not). Without excellent customer service, it's a no-go in any business, but especially this business (with SS just a mile away!). I just go there to shoot once a week and that's about it. I don't buy anything simply because they aren't competitive at all, especially on ammo (if they have it). They have never responded to my price requests. It's their loss.

I was a member at SS, I find the folks there welcoming and friendly and I was happy, but they too have an issue of sorts, they don't allow high-powered rifles ... only frangible ammo, etc. This is an opportunity for SS if they want to take it. I would go back to SS if they do not have such restrictions.

On a related note, I wish I didn't have to travel 2 hours for a 1 hour of shooting ... I would join CJRPC if they didn't charge $600 for first year!! $300 per year would be quite reasonable ... anyone know the mgmt there personally to affect a change?

To respond for CJRPC. I believe you can still pay the capitol fee ($400) in installments. It is $250 prorated, so if you joined today, it would be $65-70 for dues, and then $200 initiation. The remaining initiation is billed quarterly. This was the way they did it. I can only assume they still do.

Now that I think about it, CJRPC was a little crowded last Sunday AM. I think I'll ask them to raise the dues at the next meeting. :lol:

Really! I'm getting tired of hearing about how expensive CJRPC is! If I can afford it anyone can.

Lunicy has it right in the post above. If you(anybody) can't gather up two or three hundred all at once, you need some financial counseling.

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, CJRPC was a little crowded last Sunday AM. I think I'll ask them to raise the dues at the next meeting. :lol:

Really! I'm getting tired of hearing about how expensive CJRPC is! If I can afford it anyone can.

Lunicy has it right in the post above. If you(anybody) can't gather up two or three hundred all at once, you need some financial counseling.

@ NJJim, How much I want to pay for anything is my business, and I don't need your advice on financial planning. :facepalm:

@ Lunicy, thanks for your answer ... I may yet join just to make the place crowded!:icon_lol:

btt

@ NJJim, How much I want to pay for anything is my business, and I don't need your advice on financial planning. :facepalm:

Sorry but I did not offer financial planning. :huh:

I hope you do make it more crowded. You can even use my name and badge number as a reference on your application if you want. :icon_razz:

Where a bit off the original topic here, but I have been to CJ andd think it is a great range for the money. If i wasn't hoping to be out of this state in the next 2 years or less, I'd have joined already. Don't feel like throwing away the $400 if I move too soon.

And that $400 is the deal breaker for me as I just don't know where I will be in a year or 2.

Bar none, if you plan on being in NJ for more than 2 years, Join CJRPC. It is the best club.

I am in the boat that a few others are in... quite frankly I do not know if 2 years from now, I will be in NJ, or Bucks County PA.

Bar none, if you plan on being in NJ for more than 2 years, Join CJRPC. It is the best club.

I am in the boat that a few others are in... quite frankly I do not know if 2 years from now, I will be in NJ, or Bucks County PA.

Would you pay $8.65 a week to shoot at CJRPC whenever you want? As often as you want? As long as you want?

Would you pay $6.75 a week for the same thing?

Join and attend 4 meetings a year and shoot for $6.75 a week for two years.

If for some reason you make it three years the weekly cost drops to $5.75 a week if you do the 4 meetings a year.

Sign up a new member and save another $50.00 as many members as you can, 50 each.

Do a little volunteering and save another 50 per year.

No excuses!!!!!! I bet some of you guys drop $20 or $30 bucks a week on lattes. :wacko:

Just sayin.

Oh yeah, how much is it to shoot indoors at BA or SS?

• Like 1

Would you pay $8.65 a week to shoot at CJRPC whenever you want? As often as you want? As long as you want?

Would you pay $6.75 a week for the same thing?

Join and attend 4 meetings a year and shoot for $6.75 a week for two years.

If for some reason you make it three years the weekly cost drops to $5.75 a week if you do the 4 meetings a year.

Sign up a new member and save another $50.00 as many members as you can, 50 each.

Do a little volunteering and save another 50 per year.

No excuses!!!!!! I bet some of you guys drop $20 or $30 bucks a week on lattes. :wacko:

Just sayin.

Oh yeah, how much is it to shoot indoors at BA or SS?

+1 Great Post.

I am far too cheap to spend that much on lattes. I don't even drink em. I do however like a cop of wawa coffee. :) I've spent close to the cost of CJRPC this year between the SS, BA and Ft. Dix memberships. One good thing is that I won't have to pony up $$ for Kristen, as spouses are free when they go along with the member (me).

For me, it's a no brainer. Just a matter of time. Going to the next newbie meeting, I think it's tonight.

I am far too cheap to spend that much on lattes. I don't even drink em. I do however like a cop of wawa coffee. :) I've spent close to the cost of CJRPC this year between the SS, BA and Ft. Dix memberships. One good thing is that I won't have to pony up $$ for Kristen, as spouses are free when they go along with the member (me).

For me, it's a no brainer. Just a matter of time. Going to the next newbie meeting, I think it's tonight.

shoot i would have went with you if i had more time. Are they once a month?

Tom

Guest HuntingPaper

Is next Wednesday. You are in time to go :) I think Maks is going. If somebody needs a reference you can use my name and badge number :) if Njjim hasn't beat me to...

NO! Its TERRIBLE there! DONT sign up! Its expensive, it SMELLS and the membership is a bunch of aincient troglodytes and mall ninjas! Especially stay out of the pits and GP range on weekends when I might go there and stink the place up with my foul BO, and also the HP range on 17 October. :icon_mrgreen: