robs609

Got my first firearm. Beretta 92fs (pics)

So my girlfriend and I got our firearms.

We just picked them up from John Torelli from Jersey small arms and gunsmithing. John did the transfer for us from budsgunshop.com. He was a pleasure to work with. We cant wait to go shooting at bobs little sports shop this weekend.

Also it only took about 6 weeks for our fid and permits at the Egg Harbor Township PD.

post-2310-038559600 1287009940_thumb.jpg

post-2310-045958500 1287009949_thumb.jpg

post-2310-053211000 1287009960_thumb.jpg

So my girlfriend and I got our firearms.

We just picked them up from John Torelli from Jersey small arms and gunsmithing. John did the transfer for us from budsgunshop.com. He was a pleasure to work with. We cant wait to go shooting at bobs little sports shop this weekend.

Also it only took about 6 weeks for our fid and permits at the Egg Harbor Township PD.

Congrats on the purchase , have fun shootin at Bobs , its a little pricey there though by the time you buy your ammo and time , you may wanna check out HarborSite Usana its in pittsgrove , really not much farther than Bobs and a heck of alot cheaper , like $16 bucks a hour and you bring your own ammo , the website is http://www.hsiusana.com/Default.aspx

Congrats on the purchase , have fun shootin at Bobs , its a little pricey there though by the time you buy your ammo and time , you may wanna check out HarborSite Usana its in pittsgrove , really not much farther than Bobs and a heck of alot cheaper , like $16 bucks a hour and you bring your own ammo , the website is http://www.hsiusana.com/Default.aspx

Thanks everyone for the congratulations.

Bobs actually isn't bad at all it's 125 for a year membership and 6 dollars per visit. You only have to buy range ammo if you come in off the street. My girlfriend and I were there last Saturday and spoke with Bob he was soo nice and helpful .I know his website says different prices but he gave us a flee that said new prices as of 09.

congrats i love my 92fs and i had my girl shoot the 44mag and she said it was really powerful so i had her try it one handed :icon_mrgreen: and it was a funny sight to see since she is only 5'2", but shes a good shot and careful and at a private outdoor range so all was safe :icon_e_wink: man i wish i would've recorded it lol

anywho have fun with her and yes to the hogue grips i love em

Congrats on the new purchase. Really glad to hear that you enjoyed going to Bob's. My wife and I shoot there regularly and have always found it to be a really nice place to shoot. I keep telling Bob that he should offer vacation packages. :icon_e_biggrin: I liked your video, too. In fact, I added it to my favorites in YouTube.

Do most indoor ranges let you take the firearms out of the port? I've only been to bullet hole and they don't let ya. And judging by the way some people are there I wouldn't either. What's the norm?

It's not the norm at Ready Aim Fire. Everyone loads inside the port. Loaded guns shouldn't be outside the port or aimed anyplace but down range.

Nice choice for your first two pistols. Which pistol do you like better?

Do most indoor ranges let you take the firearms out of the port? I've only been to bullet hole and they don't let ya. And judging by the way some people are there I wouldn't either. What's the norm?

Bobs lets you take it out of the port with the gun cleared slide locked back and no mag. They have a bench behind the ports you ca use. I would not want anyone taking a loaded gun out of there port even for a second.

It's not the norm at Ready Aim Fire. Everyone loads inside the port. Loaded guns shouldn't be outside the port or aimed anyplace but down range.

Nice choice for your first two pistols. Which pistol do you like better?

I love my 92. It just feels solid. The sr-9 is nice but i don't like the trigger or the frame that much.

Bayonne Pistol range does!

:icon_twisted:

Cool! I was one of the black guys there. I had on the navy long sleeve shirt that had Mason on it. The class was long but very interesting.

Very cool I remember you. Ya I thought the class was great I learned a lot. I just bought a .22 rifle so I think Im going to take the rifle class next. The other basic pistol class they where talking about sounded good also. Have you been back to shoot there yet?

Is that a nickle Sig 228 I see? Very nice.

:icon_e_biggrin: That is my sweetheart, factory nickel with Siglite night sights manufactured circa 1994. It looks a little different now; I put a set of 229 Equinox grips on it last year. I also have a P225 sitting at Shore Shot that I have to pick-up some day...

Very cool I remember you. Ya I thought the class was great I learned a lot. I just bought a .22 rifle so I think Im going to take the rifle class next. The other basic pistol class they where talking about sounded good also. Have you been back to shoot there yet?

Not yet. I dont think they have been open on a weekend since due to the weather. Myself and the other guy have been trying to go ever since but its been closed I think.

Congrats on your rifle purchase! When I get one ill take that class as well. I signed up for the basic pistol class when I was there.