CageFighter

BA tomorrow 10/19.

just wondering who is going to BA tomorrow?? i am planning on making the trip from NNJ. since im new to the forum/shooting, i was told this is the best way to meet you guys/girls and learn more about the sport. you can meet me too, -lol! i stopped in there once, but it was before i got my fid/pp.

Maybe this needs to be a new thread, but is there a reason people don't ever meet up at Shore Shot?

I will definitely be going to Shore Shot tomorrow night. I may make it over to BA to say hello to a few people.

I think it was just a numbers thing. More members here belong to Brick Armory. They had special membership pricing for NJGF members, and Shore Shot was dumpier until they did some upgrades in the last two years. Shore Shot has become a site sponsor and now they have membership discounts too. I prefer ShoreShot and the folks that work there (except for Dan at BA, who is a super nice guy). I go to Brick Armory is to shoot rifles and hang out with the NJGF people that are members there.

You can shoot more types of firearms at brick armory. You can shoot .223 at Sure shot but you have to buy special (frangible) ammo to do so. Its not cheap from what I hear. You can shoot shotguns (buckshot) at BA, not sure about SS.

Buckshot is OK at Shore Shot. Birdshot is not allowed. You do have to fire frangible rifle ammo there though. It comes in packs of 50 and costs $30. I prefer to shoot cheap ammo indoors, so that is one reason I drop by BA once in a while.

I'm on the fence. Got to check ammo and see what time I get out of work. Really would like to get new sites put on so I may make the trip. We'll see.

I was in the same ammo boat. I loaded up a bunch of 10mm and enough 357mag to test the gun I want to buy. I am still being lazy with 9mm since I can get it for $10-11/box.

good turn out, Maks, Luis,Robert,Chris,Bryan and two newbies,Alex & Stephanie. Hope you are now totally more confused Alex,lol

just wanted to say thanks for ALL of you who got a chance to show up last night, say hello and help me find my 1st handgun. the experience was priceless! never knew i would find such great people from the forum. i still cant believe it. i would have driven 5hrs instead of 2hrs to do it again! thanx again!

just wanted to say thanks for ALL of you who got a chance to show up last night, say hello and help me find my 1st handgun. the experience was priceless! never knew i would find such great people from the forum. i still cant believe it. i would have driven 5hrs instead of 2hrs to do it again! thanx again!

Good luck Alex,

Just don't listen to me and Maks on pistol recommendations. If you do, people will wonder what is wrong with you when you are shooting 10mm and 45GAP as your first guns.