RedWhiteNBoltAction

which 1911 do you swear by ?

+2. I have also shot several thousand rounds through my Kinber without a problem. I have shot Wolf, CCI Blazer, Bobs' dad's reloads from 15 years ago and high end match ammo. The Kimber has shot it all and done so quite accurately.

Kimber FTW!

+3. Kimber Eclipse II Target. Can't go wrong with that.

les baer

A good friend has a Les Baer and it is a great 1911. We put a case of factory ammo through it just to try and break it in. Gun is fantastic but it seems "abusive" to shoot it in some disciplines. It became finicky a gun when slightly dirty. So if you plan on shooting competitively, I would consider something else with looser tolerances.

A good friend has a Les Baer and it is a great 1911. We put a case of factory ammo through it just to try and break it in. Gun is fantastic but it seems "abusive" to shoot it in some disciplines. It became finicky a gun when slightly dirty. So if you plan on shooting competitively, I would consider something else with looser tolerances.

My Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm is a little bit that way. It likes to run nice and wet. The tolerances are so tight, it's not a gun I would bring into combat.

My favorite is the SA Loaded Operator MC. The lower is OD and the slide is black. I will say the finish is starting to wear a little from my IWB and Blackhawk holsters. Then again, it has been drawn and fired a couple of thousand times. I do a lot of dry fire exercises from concealment to popping off a practice round. I reload a plastic bullet in a 45 cap, no powder and use a magnum primer for practice. It is pretty damn accurate at 7 yards. Even more accurate with real ammo. Eats anything.

SA Loaded Operator MC Test

Guest megaman

as the owner of many fine 1911's, I can say that my S&W is my choice for competition. It has great sights and a butter trigger.

Kimbers are great guns. Most of the ones with issues are new ones that have not been fired too much.

A 1911 is a metal on metal gun. Metal finds its groove with age and the guns run smooth.

When I leave NJ I carry a Super Carry Pro.

In my humble opinion, a 1911 is a .45...

Maybe I am a purist...

Les Baer. I've been shooting my Les Baer Wadcutter for about 2 years, never had a misfeed, failure to eject, not even a stovepipe.

I only clean it after about 500 rounds at best. Ive shot many, many thousands. Like Timex used to say "it just keeps ticking".

Oh yeah, the most accurate 1911 I own!

I would protect my life or the life of my family with pretty much any 1911 I own. The ones that didnt run reliably I would tweak until they did. If I couldnt figure it out then I would send them to a 1911 gunsmith to get them straightened out.

One that is built from quality components without any mim and has performed without issue for 2k rounds with some of that under heavy courses of fire.

Now if I was in a situation where I had to trust something "out of the box" it would be from Michiguns, SDM, Chuck Rogers, or a few other smiths.