bipr8

Sportsman Center Bordentown

I went to the Sportsman Center in Bordentown a couple weeks back to put some long arms on consignment.

The 2 salesmen there (Fritz and a younger guy) were awesome. They took the time with me looking at my guns (about 20-30 minutes). Explaining to me what I had and what made them either unique or common, about their calibers and what they were best suited for. They went through their books and told me what they would sell them for, approx. how long it would take to sell based on their experience. They even disuaded me from putting them on consignment b/c they were sure they would sell for a decent amount of money and quickly (they were right on most of the guns). Then on my way out, they handed me a bunch of transfer papers to help me with the sale. Classy place. My purchases will be from there in the future if those 2 guys are still there.

But all the cheap bullets from clearance are gone... and slightly overpriced, harder to find rifle bullets are there.

If you need handgun bullets. Montana Gold. Just order by the case, get the best deal on the best bullets.

Sportsman Center is pretty good, but their prices seem to be a bit higher than their competition, Cheyenne Mountain, which is ~2-3 miles down the road.

Depends on what it is. Keep in mind, for firearms, you can negotiate any price down.

Been passing that place for a year going back and forth to work on 130 and never thought they sold guns until I saw their website. Going to check them out real soon. Thanks for the info.

First store I was in to took at a handgun was Sportsmen Center. Spent time with Fritz. With all the comments online about needing FID or about rude sales people, it was totally not the case with Fritz. He was a very friendly, let me handle whatever I wanted and spoke to me at my level. Not down to me and not above my head. He had a perfect read on my knowledge and experience and told me go rent at RAF to see what firearms I liked. He also recommended a .22 for me to learn to shoot.

After that I went to Cheyenne. They were a little busier and I didn't want to be that guy. The pain in the a** looky-loo. But once the crowd died down, the young guy there spent time with me showing me handguns and was totally cool, too.

During the big Obama Gun Rush of 08, Sportsmans center was the only gun shop to downsize! After closing off the entire section with the apparel and consolidating it into the other half of the building, i thought for sure they were going to close up. Its damn near a ghost town every time i would go in there vs Cheyenne/harrys just a minute down the road where you practically have to take a number. Stuff does tend to be priced higher than average there and i can't say i've ever seen anyone buying a gun there while i was looking around (although thier selection isn't very broad).