I was told that for a combined Birthday/Xmas present I would have the "priviledge" to get another reasonably priced gun! right now I've got two handguns- Beretta Cougar 9mm and a Ruger gp100 357 and an old Mossberg 22. I really like the idea of a short gun /long gun complimenting each other so here's what i'm looking at. A Beretta Storm CX4 9mm that can share mags with the Cougar or an old school lever Winchester 38/357.I know both are carbines but a long distance shooter or AR just isn't too relevent for me right now. Autos are cool but I also love the"hands on" fun of revolvers and levers. This is a tough call for me so help me out!

I vote for the lever gun.

Every lever gun I've ever held or shot, no matter what caliber, brand or quality, new or old, cherry or beater, has that feel of western nostalgia.

Cowboys and Indians.

Shootout at the OK Corral.

Rio Bravo

Tim had a nice Rossi .357 lever gun at the Dix meet. Made me want one again. It's on my list.

Depends on what you want.

If you have a Cougar and GP100, you are pretty well covered when it comes to home defense. So I think the choice now comes down to fun. I'm a CX4 owner, so naturally, I would drift toward the CX4, although you may have trouble finding the Cougar version & may have to install the magwell adapter yourself.

The CX4 is hands-down the best gun I have... but I own it for a home defense purpose because my wife is too small to shoot a shotgun. If home defense isn't a factor, I would lean toward the lever-action that can work with your GP100. That just sounds like fun. But keep in mind the 9mm Storm would be less money in the long run.

If you want, PM me. I'm planing to go to Ft. Dix Range 14 some time in November and you can try the Storm out and see for yourself.

While I too would vote for the lever gun, I'd have to say that it would be a stretch to call the current cost of a Winchester lever gun chambered for a handgun round "reasonable". My guess, and I'm shooting from the hip here, would be a cost about $200 to $300 more for the Winchester than a new CX4. Even the Marlins in those calibers tend to be pricey and hold their value, due to CAS. Ultimately the decision is yours. Sorry if I pi$$ed in your cornflakes.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I just picked up a Rossi 92 in 38/357. It is the 24 inch octagon barrel. Awsome gun, shot it yesterday and am very pleased. Only thing it needs is an upgraded follower to get rid of the plastic one. Solid Winchester 92 clone. Action was smooth and accurate. Tony got it for me at a great price PM me for any questions or if you want to try it. I was leary about Rossi, but read a lot of good reviews on this one and could not be happier.

post-1206-074653700 1288541880_thumb.jpg