ptbr321

East Brunswick

You should have said ok i will apply for 6 PPs now and in 4 weeks i will be back for another 6 and after another 4 weeks i will be back in for more so that way you will be gettting them to me by the 30 day statute ,then went home and called the NJSP

When I went through my application process I submitted my paperwork the 22nd of december and received notice that it was ready the 16th of march. When I applied for my pistol permits after my 21st birthday it was about 6 weeks before they were in.

I agree with Maideneddie. Once you submit your paperwork its out of your hands. We all know the law states 30 days but that isnt realistic here. You'd be better off just submitting it and following up once a week or so once you eclipse the 30 day mark.

I applied for 6 in September. You'll probably get yours first.

when i went for my initial FID and permits they were very good about the process and the whole thing was quick. maybe 2 or 2 1/2 weeks.

When I was watching the woman fill out their ledger book that holds permit numbers and names its amazing the amount of shooters that live in East Brunswick. Up to this point the political climate in the this town has been very liberal and not 2a friendly. I never knew there were that many shooters.

they were pretty organized and I did see a large ledger book.. the lady was shocked when I applied for 3 permits and even tried to talk me out of it.. my buddy got the referal letter about 5 days after I applied but he said that he think they filled out there paperwork wrong since his name was spelled wrong and he thinks that my name wasnt even listed on it.. i hope this doesnt hold things up or they at least call me if there is a problem.. I'm going for my fingerprinting on friday.. does that part of the process hold things up the most??

• Like 1

I live in East Brunswick and apply through there. The first time around the detective who took my fingerprints and so on was very positive and chatty, and the ladies at the public safety office were helpful. It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get the FPID card and two pistol permits.

THe second time I applied for pistol permits the ladies said "tsk tsk, not more people applying for guns.." but I applied for and got 5 PPPs, again within 5 or 6 weeks.

So, my experiences of EB are positive with my main gripe being that one has to go to the public safety office during work hours, which is a pain in the a**.

Yes, there are a lot of gun owners in East Brunswick and neighbouring Milltown. I'd like to see them lobby the Town COuncil to allow access to the police range on Harts Lane, which is rarely used. From what I remember the Mayor recognised that this could be a revenue stream for the town, but the wholly Dem council objected. In the midterms it went 50 50 D/R. Maybe it's time to revisit....

best and happy shooting

G

One of my friends lives in EB and is a Cop in another town. He is complaining about the wait too. It is going on 7/8 weeks for him now. It took almost 2 weeks for me to get his reference letter from the day he turned in the paperwork. Seems like a horrible town.