tuktuk

the new Attorney General's interpretation of 2C:39-1w. "Assault Firearm" means "Avtomat Kalashnikov Type Semiautomatic Firearms".

I understand, nobody is more pessimistic than I except maybe my wife... :icon_rolleyes:

You have heard of Heller and McDonald I assume. They did not just appear out of thin air, they were the culmination of many years and even many more cases the took place in a calculated plan. They were only the best cases out of numerous other circuit court cases that made it to the SCOTUS. Think of them as a 1 - 2 punch Heller is the left lead and McDonald is the right cross. Now that the Second Amendment has been held as an individual civil right and has been incorporated against the states the fun begins. The 1 - 2 punch has dealth with the Keep part of Keep and Bear Arms the next logical step is to deal with the Bear part...

This is not all happening by some sheer coincidence this is a well thought out and coordinated effort to attack the laws in states such as New Jersy that are used to deprive people like you and me our rights. I am telling you they have already said they were looking for candidates in NJ publicly it is only a matter of time... Mark my words :icon_exclaim:

It's a matter of time .... a long time.

Remember Heller II is in appeals right now because the Clinton appointed first judge ruled that a ban on semiauto handguns was "reasonable gun contol" allowed under Heller I.

There's no doubt that NJ will follow Chicago and DC's lead in doing everything they can to do end runs around these rulings when the lose, further delaying the process.

Better hope nothing changes on SCOTUS before they can get this laid out.

It's a matter of time .... a long time.

Remember Heller II is in appeals right now because the Clinton appointed first judge ruled that a ban on semiauto handguns was "reasonable gun contol" allowed under Heller I.

There's no doubt that NJ will follow Chicago and DC's lead in doing everything they can to do end runs around these rulings when the lose, further delaying the process.

Better hope nothing changes on SCOTUS before they can get this laid out.

I never said 2C:39 and 2C:58 were going away before the end of the year... I said there would be a federal challenge to them before the end of the year... Nothing will happen to effect a change for years as these cases wind through the system.

NJ will not go down quietly, the political elite and ruling class are indeed smug in their distain for gun rights and will kick and scream I'm sure.

I even said in a previous post "The trick now is to get these cases up to the top before our Marxist in Chief can further corrupt the SCOTUS. All you need is one more Marxist on the bench to flip the 5-4 majority against the Constitution and we will be twisting in the wind for a decade.".

The NRA is actually getting involved with something happening in NJ! I am truely shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually NRA does get involved with a *few* things in NJ, practically exclusively lawsuits and such. Last time they donated to anybody was Sweeney a number of years ago. They gave him $1000 towards his reelection campaign. Bryan Miller tried to embarrass and humiliate Sweeney with this little tidbit when Sweeney wouldn't flip on One Gun a Month, but Sweeney politically told that jerk Miller to go f*** himself. And that rules!!

Actually NRA does get involved with a *few* things in NJ, practically exclusively lawsuits and such. Last time they donated to anybody was Sweeney a number of years ago. They gave him $1000 towards his reelection campaign. Bryan Miller tried to embarrass and humiliate Sweeney with this little tidbit when Sweeney wouldn't flip on One Gun a Month, but Sweeney politically told that jerk Miller to go f*** himself. And that rules!!

I can say that I am proud of Sweeney - possibly the first time I am proud of a democrat.

while walking into the CMO i met another IO rifle owner who just surrendered his, he was mad as hell. while talking to staff inside one more owner walked it. so at least the store did a good job on contacting ppl. i spoke to Dave (the owner of CMO). he told me that they have no idea why IO rifles are being pulled. he said he was on the phone with NRA and IO the whole day yday and today in the mourning. both NRA and IO hired lawyers and challenging the state. he gave me several options: full refund, full credit plus discount towards any firearm in the store or to let CMO keep my IO rifle for 2-3 weeks to see where the wind will blow. when i asked him about ordering that Century Polish rifle he was hesitant to do so. Dave didnt say yes and he didnt say no. he just said lets wait a lil and see wat happens. so this is all the info i got so far. they said they will call me if there are any news.

Since this is most likely the state's way to attempt to reassert the "banned as types" language it would be nice to see IO and the NRA partner up with Auto Ordnance since they have standing as well with the whole M1 carbine thing a few months back... If they pull this off without a challenge all of the banned as types guns (clones of AKs, M14s, HK-91s, FALs, Sig 556s, AR-180Bs) will be open for arbitrary prosecution. It is somewhat vital to take a stand on this if that be the case...

Would it be possible to find a friend or family in PA or another state and "sell" them the gun for $1? Then they can hold it for you until things clear up or you move out of this hell hole.

Technically no as you purchased an "illegal" firearm.

Would it be possible to find a friend or family in PA or another state and "sell" them the gun for $1? Then they can hold it for you until things clear up or you move out of this hell hole.

What you can do when you return the gun to the NJ dealer is ask that they transfer the gun to an FFL out of state so your family member can pick it up there. The NJ dealer will most likely do it so they don't have to eat the cost of the weapon but there will be a fee from the out of state dealer to process the transaction, most likely in the order of $50 or so... You would need to use the services of an out of state dealer to transfer the gun anyway if you wanted to do it yourself to comply with federal law as it is against the law for two residents of different states to transfer a weapon to each other without going through at least one FFL... Hope this helps.

AFAIK, one may keep firearms anywhere they desire, even in another state. If you don't have family you can trust, open a safe deposit box up and keep them there, provided there are no bank regulations forbidding it.

So if you didn't purchase this gun from Cheyanne Mountain, how would you know it is no longer legal? Would the state police contact you, or are you on your own to stay up to date with current NJ gun laws? This whole thing seems to be a little convoluted to me.

it's not just Cheyenne, it sny shop that has sold them. NJSP Notifies the Company the product is a no-go, they contact their distributors, and find out what shops have had the guns shipped to them, they give that list to NJSP, NJSP contacts the retailers.

According to the NJ State AG's 1996 Guidelines on defining what is "substaintially identical" when it comes to defining so called "Assault Rifles" for the purposes of NJ's laws...

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/agguide/assltf.htm

Provided the rifle adhere's to the rules in the famous evil features list, it is not an AK "Style" prohibited weapon. The only way I can see the NJSP blocking the sale/confiscating, is if one of the features has not been removed to their satisfaction. This could be the weld job on the muzzle brake for instance.. tac welding isnt acceptable, it needs to have some fancy weld that pretty much destroys the threads on the barrel.

My brain hurts everytime I look at the "evil feature" list, as it abolutely does nothing but violate our consitutional rights, and allow for abuse of lawful gun owners by the State's legal system.

Now, when it comes to these Guidelines, I have no idea if an AG can just on a whim withdraw or alter them. Doing so would again create crimininals out of thousands of NJ citizens who have been living by these guidelines for the past 14 years. Sounds atrocious, but wouldnt be the first time!

This whole assault weapon ban here in NJ is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. In no way does this ban prevent crime from being committed, all it does is piss off the citizens who want to exercise their god given rights

you gotta remember that Nj has ALWAYS been a knee jerk reaction state when it comes to laws. we have always passed laws without thought to the long term or unintended consequenses (think Kylies law) and i can't see where this will ever stoip here in NJ. i can't wait to see "tyler's law", which will be a good one you can be sure.

The NJ AWB sunsets in Christie's term, so we will see what happens..If he is looking to go national for preident, i would think it will go away, if not...he will renew it.

you gotta remember that Nj has ALWAYS been a knee jerk reaction state when it comes to laws. we have always passed laws without thought to the long term or unintended consequenses (think Kylies law) and i can't see where this will ever stoip here in NJ. i can't wait to see "tyler's law", which will be a good one you can be sure.

The NJ AWB sunsets in Christie's term, so we will see what happens..If he is looking to go national for preident, i would think it will go away, if not...he will renew it.

Where does it say that the law has a sunset provision?

Where does it say that the law has a sunset provision?

Title 13, Chapter 54 -- Chapter Notes

CHAPTER AUTHORITY: N.J.S.A. 2C:39-1 et seq. and 2C:58-1 et seq.; as to N.J.A.C.

13:54-1.15, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-2 and Executive Order No. 9 (Gov. Richard J. Hughes, September

30, 1963).

CHAPTER SOURCE AND EFFECTIVE DATE:

R.2007 d.378, effective November 13, 2007.

See: 39 N.J.R. 2324(a), 39 N.J.R. 5349(a).

CHAPTER EXPIRATION DATE:

Chapter 54, Firearms and Weapons, expires on November 13, 2012.

The NJ AWB sunsets in Christie's term...

This got me a little bit excited, but before I cried it from the rooftops, I ran it past smity, the NJ2AS legal beagle (and a friend). Actually I was just too lazy to look up the code and I was on my way out for turkey. What is sunsetting is the Administrative Code, NOT the statutes. This is probably just renewed automatically by the superintendent of the NJSP, who has sole purview over the administrative code - which is how the statutes are administered (enforced). The statutes remain. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Just another example of "When it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Thanks to smity for settimg me straight.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

This got me a little bit excited, but before I cried it from the rooftops, I ran it past smity, the NJ2AS legal beagle (and a friend). Actually I was just too lazy to look up the code and I was on my way out for turkey. What is sunsetting is the Administrative Code, NOT the statutes. This is probably just renewed automatically by the superintendent of the NJSP, who has sole purview over the administrative code - which is how the statutes are administered (enforced). The statutes remain. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Just another example of "When it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Thanks to smity for settimg me straight.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

goddAMN him for spoiling hope with facts... (joke.)

Gotta hand it to smitty - he's done a huge amount of work and keeps us all straight. He's one of the unsung heros of NJ gun owners. Cheers to him!!

G

goddAMN him for spoiling hope with facts... (joke.)

Gotta hand it to smitty - he's done a huge amount of work and keeps us all straight. He's one of the unsung heros of NJ gun owners. Cheers to him!!

G

Yes, Smity, now NJ2AS-LCC, has done a lot of work including with the recently filed SAF lawsuit against NJ for CCW. He was dealing with Gura and Gottlieb about plaintiffs very early on. I believe the reason some on this site were a little upset with the news story was that Smity got no recognition and we was a main force behind the scenes and ANJRP or whatever, took all the credit. Kind of like the NRA taking all the credit for Heller and McDonald in the "president's column" in, I believe, the Oct issue of American Rifleman. No mention of the work of the SAF there.

GREAT WORK Bob!!!