Moose

Front Sight Resort

Has anyone ever been to Front Sight Resort? I'm going in about 1 weeks time, taking their 4 day defensive handgun course.

They have a nice offer which includes a handgun in your choice of calibers, training and a few other accessories for a good price. Check it out http://www.frontsight.com/ Click on the link with FREE gun for the offer details.

Moose

Who is GFH? I went to Front Sight Resort in 2005 with my wife and mother for the 2 day defensive handgun course. They loved it and I thought it was great too. Now am going back for their 4 day course.

I never taken any other classes at any of the other big school, so I can't compare. I have taken courses with MDTS can't say enought good things about Chris and his crew.

Moose

im a life member at front site. id love to go sometime, but getting there is a huge pain in the a**. id rather drive, so i can bring whatever guns i want and not worry about airlines, but itll take days to get there. ive heard guns on plains isnt that bad, but what about mags. its a big expense anyway you look at it. plane ticket, hotel, food, rental car, etc. otherwise its gas/tolls there, hotel, food, etc.

i tried making threads to get people to go at once, but no one seemed interested in a group trip.

im a life member at front site. id love to go sometime, but getting there is a huge pain in the a**. id rather drive, so i can bring whatever guns i want and not worry about airlines, but itll take days to get there. ive heard guns on plains isnt that bad, but what about mags. its a big expense anyway you look at it. plane ticket, hotel, food, rental car, etc. otherwise its gas/tolls there, hotel, food, etc.

i tried making threads to get people to go at once, but no one seemed interested in a group trip.

Making plans for a group trip would be very difficult. How many courses have you taken there? Mags aren't a problem on the plane, neither is ammo. Each airlines has specific guidelines as far as how many lbs of ammo you could bring.

Moose

There are deals all the time from them. I get email after email, at least 3-4 times a week from them.

My co worker got a 4 day course for $99, that he can take anytime. He just had to pay in advance and do it on a monday through thursday course. I didn't know much about them, so I passed.

Out of all the forums I have been to, not many people talk about them. I brought this up on Sigforum and got few replies, there are more here.

I joined the mailing list..... got emails everyday.... tons of offers to take courses for almost deals too good to be true....

The place just comes off as a little too .... " I would like to sell you this timeshare " type of sales pitch....

Add on that the cost of getting there.....

No decent place to stay in close proximity....

I dont know.... :icon_e_confused:

I joined the mailing list..... got emails everyday.... tons of offers to take courses for almost deals too good to be true....

The place just comes off as a little too .... " I would like to sell you this timeshare " type of sales pitch....

If you stay in Pahrump, it's a 25 minute drive, if you stay in Vegas it's one hour. I'm staying in Vegas. They give you their 10 second commercial about purchasing memberships and all, they don't go overboard do, like some vacation timeshares do. Give them a try, you'll thank me for it.

Moose

You hit the nail right on the head! All that Millionare Patriot racket bs.....the free handgun......c'mon, your paying for it somewhere in there.

I can't stand all that cheap used carsalesman pitch. Just makes me cringe.

You hit the nail right on the head! All that Millionare Patriot racket bs.....the free handgun......c'mon, your paying for it somewhere in there.

I can't stand all that cheap used carsalesman pitch. Just makes me cringe.

OK..... I was thinking I was alone in my thoughts.....LOL

I will stick to my SigSauer Academy for now.....

.... also hope to get with Anthony at GunsForHire also...

After speaking to a few former FS alumni and reviewing some of their teachings, all I can say is NO THANKS! There are MANY quality training facilities around the country, why go with the one with a big giant dark cloud hanging over it?

When you say cloud over it's head, can you elaborate a little bit?

March 4, 2009

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN JOSE DIVISION

Stacy James, et al., NO. C 05-04532 JW

Plaintiffs,

v. ORDER RE: PLAINTIFFS’ REQUEST

FOR JUDGMENT DEBTOR

Ignatius A. Piazza, et al.,

EXAMINATION; REFERRING PARTIES TO SPECIAL MASTER

Defendants.

/

Stacy James, William Haag and Michael Schriber initiated this action on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situated (collectively, “Plaintiffs”) against Ignatius A. Piazza and Front Sight Management, Inc. (collectively, “Defendants”). Defendants operate gun training facilities in Nevada and Alaska under the name “Front Sight Firearms Training Institute” (“Front Sight”). Plaintiffs’ claims related to memberships purchased from Defendants that, among other benefits, gave Plaintiffs the right to participate in various Front Sight training courses. Plaintiffs alleged that Defendants engaged in fraud, breach of contract, and other violations of state and federal law in connection with their Front Sight memberships. On October 15, 2007, the Court issued its Final Judgment and Order of Dismissal in this case in light of the parties’ settlement. (Docket Item No. 142.)

Presently before the Court is Plaintiffs’ Motion to Enforce Settlement. (hereafter, “Motion,” Docket Item No. 152.) In their Motion, Plaintiffs seek the following relief: (1) An order compelling judgment debtors’ examinations; (2) production of Defendants’ financial documents; (3) injunctive relief relating to Defendants’ alleged violation of the Settlement Agreement; and (4) payment of the Settlement Claims Administrator’s fees. (Motion at 1-2.) Defendants contend that they are excused from performance on the Settlement, because Plaintiffs are in material breach of the Settlement. (Defendants’ Opposition to Plaintiffs’ Motion to Enforce Settlement at 5-6, hereafter, “Opposition,” Docket Item No. 158.) The Court addresses each issue in turn. (continue reading at site)

Iggy Piazza can kiss my Royal Irish A$$ I wont give hime a dime. There are better Schools with MUCH better trainers, Closer to NJ, who dont Capitalize on the video and dying screams of a Murdered LEO as an advertizing gimmick.

So I accidentally clicked on his advertisement up top and thought I'd do the ccw quiz. Answered the questions and then was offered a free gift. Okay, a little tick in the back of my mind went off but it didn't ask for any credit card info so I proceeded to fill out the form for my free gift. Something told me to open a new tab and search front sight scam (I ALWAYS do that for anything I sign up to that wants personal info). Good lord @ the results that came up! This guy Piazza is a scam artist and a thief!

I'd never recommend anyone do any business with a known thief like him. I immediately unsubscribed from his mailing list and sent him an email saying I didn't want to do any business with a thieving scam artist

Anyways, sorry for bumping this old thread. I thought it would be better to reply here than start a new one.

I attended Frontsight for the four-day defensive handgun course in March of this year with my 20 yr old son. I found the training to be excellent and the instructors to all be professional. At no point were we given a hard sell.... during lunch of one day an instructor explained the different levels of membership for the facility. You had the option of leaving, or staying in the lecture room and eating your lunch. That was the only mention of memberships or purchasing anything during the four-day training period; There was no pressure to buy anything In fact, at one point my belt broke which held up my holster and they loaned me one from the pro shop driving out to the range (no charge). There a lot of small nuances that you need to know before going to make you trip enjoyable/efficient. Just as a side note; both my son and I left there thinking that this was the best vacation we ever had.

While we were waiting on line to check in, I got to speaking to several of the people taking various courses. The skills level varied from SWAT team snipers, ex-military, to people who never held a handgun before in their life. The amazing thing is that no matter what your skill level was when you started everyone left saying they got a lot out of the course (even those people who returned for a 2nd go around). It was interesting to learn the the Los Angeles SWAT team member who was taking the rifle course was getting paid leave as well as a paid gas card to do it.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM and I can tell you what I've learned from my experience.

• Like 1

After speaking to a few former FS alumni and reviewing some of their teachings, all I can say is NO THANKS! There are MANY quality training facilities around the country, why go with the one with a big giant dark cloud hanging over it?

he's a Scumbag using the film of a Dead cop as an advertising tool.

It's probably better than no training but for my money there are plenty of reputable non-douchebaggy schools. If you want to spend big money traveling to a top tier school look to Vickers, Magpul, Gunsite, Thunder Ranch.

Also closer to home are the Sig and S&W Academies right here on the East Coast (NH and Ma Respectively).

No doubt Piazza of Front Sight is an aggressive marketer. I clicked on one of his links and now receive regular emails from him. Most of them are solicitations for the school, but I have also obtained some useful information from a number of them.

I seriously doubt that I'll be attending any of their classes, as I can't think of any reason to fly out to the west coast for instruction with GFH right here.