Sign in to follow this  
RexHavoc

Former NJ resident checking in

Welcome to the forum. Why are you considering coming back?

All good points and I often wonder the same thing... Left for a job but the family etc is all here. The guns are the problem, I moved out there with a G23, 1911, 870 and sks. They're all gone now but have been replaced in spades. Building an SBR now and looking at a couple cans so I'm sure you're right, probably best to stay. When I look back at the BS I went through for my CCW in NJ vs the LTCF in PA it's really apples and oranges.

I'll just visit, thanks all!

Wait.... You actually had a CCW in NJ? Were you uber politically connected? They don't give them out to "the common folk"....

Stay in PA and enjoy America. :)

Although family does make things difficult. I don't envy your choice, it's why I'm still stuck here...

I wouldn't say connected, it was for work. I worked for a PI and did protection work etc. I managed to keep my CT permit but NJ and NYC had to get turned in. I'm hoping to manage a new one as a non-res but without working in NJ often I doubt that will get approved.

The freedom in PA is refreshing but it's getting expensive, they keep letting me buy new toys...

You'll be spoiled after living in PA. One of the more recent changes in gun laws is the purchasing one gun a month law which only applies to pistols. You probably know about this already. Expect high taxes and expensive utility payments here.

Welcome to the Peoples Republic of New Jersey!