Cemeterys Gun Blob

NJ Senate Leader Sweeney seeks NJ Gun Law reform

Looks like NJ Senate Leader Steve Sweeney is working with Jeff Van Drew to reform some NJ Gun Laws post Aitken. While the article mentions *carry*, I have serious reservations of that to suggest CCW reform. My gut tells me these reforms with only have to do with our current *exemptions* to our gun laws, since it's stated that you need a CCW to possess a handgun, unless you fit into blah blah blah exemption.

Sweeney also said he would seek to revise the state’s law on carrying handguns in the wake of the case of Brian Aitken, whose seven-year prison sentence was commuted to just four months of time served this week by Gov. Chris Christie. He was released Tuesday.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/12/nj_senate_president_sweeney_sa_1.html

maybe he's thinking gunowner's should have a carry permit of some type that

only makes it legal to have a gun in the car for transporting only, perhaps eliminating the go directly to and from part

of the legal by exception law; not the carry law we'd like to have.....

if they push for the HPID card then that should be your "permission slip" to lawfully transport at the very least

I am going to start a thread asking for input as to how the law should be changed to prevent another Brian Aitken. There are some folks on NJGF who really have a good grasp on NJ firearm possession laws. I'm very interested to hear what you think.

Suprisingly Sweeney is pro Gun as far as NJ Democrats are concerned... Sweeney voted against OGAM... and was quoted in the Inquirer talking against OGAM.

Gun Right folks need to realized that Sweeney and Van Drew are as Pro 2A as we're gonna get in NJ. In other States, they'd simply be referred to as FUDDs.

:/

Gun Right folks need to realized that Sweeney and Van Drew are as Pro 2A as we're gonna get in NJ. In other States, they'd simply be referred to as FUDDs.

:/

Sweeny is Senate President....you would think then that he would get Carroll's bill out of committee....I believe he can do that and maybe it could be advanced.....I guess he's not THAT pro gun???

Sweeny is Senate President....you would think then that he would get Carroll's bill out of committee....I believe he can do that and maybe it could be advanced.....I guess he's not THAT pro gun???

Can he get it out of committee? I don't know. But it's all politics, he needs support from the other Dem's who are the Anti 2A Majority.

And where is the Republican support for any of this reform? I haven't seen anything.

It would give me hope to see some bipartisanship in this senate towards 2A reform. I refuse to call it gun reform. We are not reforming guns, we are trying to reform NJ's overly restrictive, unconstitutional, and current laws which are difficult/impossible to comply with.

Carroll is an Assemblyman. Sweeney is the Senate president. Different houses, though that's not to say he doesn't have any influence on what goes on in Sheila's house...

Carroll is an Assemblyman. Sweeney is the Senate president. Different houses, though that's not to say he doesn't have any influence on what goes on in Sheila's house...

Yeah - I'm sure he has some influence. Creepy-Eyes Oliver has no clue what she's doing though.