siderman

Big Brother caught me

Chances are you're most likely one of the amateurs the regular GSP commuters dread driving with when forced to drive the highways on weekends or holidays... You really need to get over your pompous, self-righteous self. :icon_e_biggrin:

Not at all. I commonly use the left lane, and will drive 80-85....if that is the flow of traffic. But driving with the flow of traffic is a hell of a lot different than 110. What kind of car do you drive?

Classic!

I got nailed in Woodbridge on the GSP in 2009, 110 in a 55... Talk about sucky timing, had an a**-clown cut me off on the Driscoll only to go 30mph slower than the group I was with. I finally got around him at the last bridge in Fords, I wound out third, wound out fourth and as I let off the gas and shifted into fifth I entered the long straightaway by the Rt 1 overpass. The trooper was sitting on the right by the entrance with LIDAR. Talk about bad timing I was probably doing 110 for about an 1/8 of a mile... Oh well...

I also had a Smokey and the Bear moment on the PA Turnpike the same year, I made a u-turn on the Valley Forge exit I got off at by accident, there was a wall of tractor trailers coming out of the tolls in front of me and as I made the u-turn around the barrier I saw three cars behind me a trooper turn his lights on. I wound out first, second and third to get in front of the oncoming trailers and pulled over on the shoulder of the on-ramp knowing he was coming for me. He went around the outside of the two lanes of trailers on the on ramp and I watched him drive past me under the trailers... Sat there for a few and just drove off. I did pass some hard looking troopers sitting on the shoulder about ten miles down the road though... You win some and you lose some I guess... :icon_e_biggrin:

I never had a problem in MD, the only out of state ticket I ever got was in Islandton, SC for 28 in a 25... May have been the NY plates on the rent-a-car. Figures they give the Yankee a complimentary hard time.

CLASSIC!! whatcha driving? I just sold my '06 vette, now shopping for a Z06 :icon_mrgreen: .

I got nailed for OVER 100 afew times in my day, but I dont do it anymore. Everyhting pleaded down, etc. :icon_lol: Also, I used to street race all over NJ, NY, CT & Philly. (it was tough to stop after putting over $100k in my savings) After cars, I went onto roadracing bikes. unfort, it was just as expensive.

too all my GEARheads out there......HAMMER DOWN, NO LIFT!

When I race, i keep it legal - on the tracks. There's some dang good race tracks around here. Island Dragway if you're in North Jersey, Raceway Park if you're in Central, Atco and NJ Motorsports Park if you're in South Jersey. Plus there's others within a decent driving distance (Watkins Glen, etc.). It's easy enough to have a good time at a legal track.

When I race, i keep it legal - on the tracks. It's easy enough to have a good time at a legal track.

NOT if your going quicker than 11.99 without a 6-pt cage in a street car w/ radial tires! :icon_mrgreen: -been there, done that. =they kick u out!

plus, you cant make all those Benjamins @ the track like you can on the street! alittle hustlin & haulin!

Not at all. I commonly use the left lane, and will drive 80-85....if that is the flow of traffic. But driving with the flow of traffic is a hell of a lot different than 110. What kind of car do you drive?

I was just breaking your nads... :icon_e_surprised:

CLASSIC!! whatcha driving? I just sold my '06 vette, now shopping for a Z06 :icon_mrgreen: .

I got nailed for OVER 100 afew times in my day, but I dont do it anymore. Everyhting pleaded down, etc. :icon_lol: Also, I used to street race all over NJ, NY, CT & Philly. (it was tough to stop after putting over $100k in my savings) After cars, I went onto roadracing bikes. unfort, it was just as expensive.

too all my GEARheads out there......HAMMER DOWN, NO LIFT!

I really stopped driving cars for fun back in the early '90. I had Explorers, and three Rangers that I simply loved. I drove most of them to over 175,000mi in fact my '96 Ranger I sold in '02 with 270,000+mi on it (and it is still running!). In '07 when gas hit $4+ a gal I was spending over $700 a month in just gas driving my '03 Ranger XLT 4x4 so I decided to buy something more economical. I needed something cheap and disposable so I bought a Cobalt. Not being the type to drive sub 150hp sewing machine powered ricer I bought an SS/SC :icon_e_biggrin:

The car was rated at 22/30mpg but in reality was only getting about 27mpg so I went to work. I installed an Injen intake, GM Stage II kit, Magnaflow exhaust, ZZP 3' down pipe w/ high flow cat, a pre-production prototype SLP shorty header (that never went into production BTW, I have one of only five ever made), step cooler plugs, a larger secondary heat exchanger and I topped it off with a dyno tune by Matt at Tune Time in Toms River. I now get about 33-35 overall mpg (yes that is with driving at average highway speeds of 75+mph. The car was factory rated at 205hp/200ft-lbs at the crank. With no stock baseline at the wheels I cant give 100% accurate gains but my last dyno showed 262whp/224ft-lbs which puts it close to 300hp at the crank. I have about 117,000mi on it and I love it!

This is the last picture of it taken the week I got it back from getting rear-ended:

IMG_0290.JPG

nice car, next time get a V8!

No thanks, I'm spending $350 a month on gas now... I have no need to drive or accelerate faster; I already proved I can get myself in enough trouble with this... :facepalm:

Besides I have an '07 Tahoe LTZ to truck the wife and kids around and I still have my '89 Trans Am with 49,000 miles on it. I bought the car new in '89 and in '93 replaced the factory 305 with a 4 bolt 350 I built and TCI 700R4. I spent about $12k on the build and it dyno'd at 430+hp/400+ft-lbs with a custom Hypertech chip I had burned for it. At 8mpg I'm fine with that just sitting in the garage thank you. :icon_razz:

We thought about a new Tahoe ourselves, but then I cant imagine the fuel bill @ $3+ per gallon. OUCH! (thanks Obama!)

We leased the Tahoe in 2006 and loved it so much we bought out the lease in 2009. The original list was $53,000 and I can say it was worth every penny.

It has a Vortec 5.3L with Active Fuel Management that really isn't that bad on fuel, at least when I drive it. I get about 18mpg average with it. Throttle-jockey-Jackie in the next room is a different story; she only manages to eke out a mere 11mpg for some reason.

But you know that and needing a full set of front and rear brakes and rotors replaced at 35,00mi has nothing to do with her driving habits... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

It's my driving that is the problem, with 117k on my Cobalt I am on my second set of tires, original clutch and have only replaced the front brake pads once. Yup all me...

LOL wait, if oil is $100+ a barrel in January, it will be back to $140-$160 by June...

Thank freakin god. I am a Chevy man at heart, but the 5.0 was just a piss poor waste of 8 cylinders.

A little power adder goes a long way with them though. I had an '88 IROC with nothing more than a procharger and some exhaust running high 11s.

A little power adder goes a long way with them though. I had an '88 IROC with nothing more than a procharger and some exhaust running high 11s.

You sure your IROC had the 305 and not the 350? And a little power adder would make my 1.7L SOHC Civic quicker too....but why do that when their is a model available with a 2.0 DOHC model?

You sure your IROC had the 305 and not the 350? And a little power adder would make my 1.7L SOHC Civic quicker too....but why do that when their is a model available with a 2.0 DOHC model?

Yes. 305tpi with a 5spd. Your civic will be slow regardless of what you do to it regardless of what factory engine it came with, sorry.

In the mail today (Jan 6) the Maryland Feds gave me a speeding ticket on 95 (69mph-watch out!!) from midnight Dec 10.Say I was in a construction zone posted 55mph. Dont recall any workers out there at midnight.Guess I was a real menace out there to the one other car two miles in front of me! Got pics of me too! :angry: Ok,done, pay the $40 and get on with my life. :)

I got nabbed on my way back from Florida a few years back by a cop who took a picture (he was sitting on the side of the road all his lights were out at about 2AM) all the sudden I see a flash and I was doing 55 in a 50. I guess it's speeding, but cameras defeat the whole discretion thing which kinda sucks. Must be looking for a quick buck from an out of state resident.

The 305TPI in my T/A was rated at 195hp (10hp less than my 2.0L Cobalt BTW) and the 350TPI was only rated at a mere 230hp unless you purchased the duel cat option which gave you an extra 10hp (woohoo). Not a whole hell of a lot in a 3400+lb car. Didn't make a hell of a diffenece then as everyone wanted the Turbo T/A but dealers were selling them for upwards of $10k over sticker...

I seem to remember gas was over $4 for a while while Bush was in office.

Yup, the last two years of which Pelosi and her merry band of nimrods were controlling the books and baby Bush couldn't find his nads to veto their spending bills... I seem to remember a lot of things being better before 2006 actually... Just sayin'.

At the rate these assclowns are printing money you ain't seen nothing yet... Oil is a commodity like gold, wheat and pork bellies. As the money supply increases its value decreases and what it buys is less of a given commodity. So while the energy price increases we saw in 2007 were mostly driven by an increase in demand globally fueled by a global economy on fire; the price hike you will see this year in a stagnate global economy will be largely due to inflation of the US dollar caused by our government intentionally devaluing our currency. Hold on to your tighty-whiteys because this time everything is in play including the cost of our food supplies.

The best way I have heard this explained is in 1920 you could have bought a well made tailored suit or an ounce of gold for $20us. In 2011 that same quality suit and that same ounce of gold would cost you around $1,400us. Why? Because the United States currency is no longer tied to a standard such as gold as it used to be. The US just prints money on its honor that it is good for the value of what it says it’s worth when in reality it is nothing but worthless paper. No matter how much money you print its combined value is only worth what is backing it. So if I have a ton of gold in reserve and I print 100 notes against it each note has the value to buy 20lbs of gold. If I were to print 64000 notes against that same ton of gold each note is then only valuable enough to purchase ½ ounce of gold.

You are about to witness Jimmy Carter part deux as the perfect storm of over regulation, high unemployment, increased interest rates and double digit inflation caused by the intentional devaluation of our currency ravage this nation... Unfortunately your average public school educated twenty something or liberal university indoctrinated graduate is too busy waiting for the next Xbox 360 title to come out or too busy looking for a job to begin paying back their $100,000 worth of student loans that are coming due to see the approaching tidal wave. Mark my words, the next several years are not going to be pretty....

Yes. 305tpi with a 5spd. Your civic will be slow regardless of what you do to it regardless of what factory engine it came with, sorry.

Hence the reason why my car is completely stock, and will remain that way because its my daily driver :icon_rolleyes:

Throttle-jockey-Jackie = :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I am a FORD guy, but love the Corvette (Z06/ZR1). I dont put them in the same class as a GM.

Back in the day, the Mustang was the car to beat. I was fortune enuff to have a '90 GT!

Added R trim Vortech, Blower cam, alumin heads, F/L headers, 3" exhaust, 17" wheels, etc......

currently, im fightin the urge to buy/build a '06+ Z06. i dont know how much longer i can last!