Sign in to follow this  
PistolWhip

Hello

Hello everyone from Gloucester County.

First I'd like to say; very cool site. I never new it existed until a google search for something completely off topic stumbled me upon it. I've been a gun owner as long as legally allowed and a hunter/target shooter since I was old enough to hold the weight of a gun. My dad is also a life-long collector/shooter/hunter and taught me well. I'm into all kinds of firearms and will enjoy checking out the forums. I'm also into cars and my current baby is a 2010 Shelby GT500. I look forward to hangin around and getting to know some of you.

Bill

Welcome. I see you shoot at USANA. I've been there a few times. Too bad about the legal battles lately.

First of all, thanks for all the welcomes.

As for USANA; HarborSite is no longer in control of the USANA range property. It's back in the hands of Skip Myers (also known as "Top Hat" if you frequent local gun shows) and hopefully will be back to its not for profit status and running smoothly again very soon. No matter what your opinion of Skip is personally, he was and still is the best thing that could happen to that range and hopefully he can get back in the city's good graces as he was when he left.

The legal battles were not involving the original members and board, they were involving HarborSite which was the company that bought the land and range from Skip. Skip held the note after the sale for five years as part of the contract so that if something like this happened, the rest of the original members of the range wouldn't get screwed. Sure enough, HarborSite failed to meet the towns requirements and they were forced out of business.

I have to be honest, being that I've been a member there for about 10 years, HarborSite did a great job cleaning a few things up being that they had the money to do so. But they were terrible to deal with and some of the most rude and arrogant a**' I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. They're scheduling and management was terrible and often, no one there had any idea what the other guy was doing.

Good reddens and welcome back Skip!

• Like 1

Well that's kind of a good thing. Have you heard if they'll keep the current memberships?

I've played airsoft down there several times as well as using the range. Maybe since you've got more of a presence down there, could you find out if they will still allow us to do our 3 gun matches?

Welcome to the forum , is your shelby a white with blue stripes ??? i live in waterford but drive through winslow and have seen that car around !! very nice !!

Yup, that's probably mine. I don't think there are any other white/grabber blue 10+'s running around this immediate area, so it very likely was me you saw. I have a few friends in Waterford (not to mention Atco).

PistolWhip,

I agree with your information, and i own a 1948 Buick, for the car nuts!. I have lived next to USANA for over 35 years and was always welcome back there and never had 1 problem, excepting the very occasional impolite hunter. When harborsite took over, that all changed, from vandalized property markers, verbally abusive staff, incorrect information publicly spouted, etc. And, these folks celebrated their military & police credentials. Interesting that the neighbors lived through actions directly opposite the public character of their group. Hopefully this will return to a site that all can enjoy. I ask you & all others o consider how the sounds and activities that occur there would impact you if you lived next door. When Skip owned it, as I said, it was bearable, with harborsite we were relegated to second class status, they did whatever they wanted, and except for the costly interventions provided by a few of our neighbors (kudos to two families especially), and an alternative offered by my wife & I, the air would still be full of incessant automatic weapons fire.

Thanx for the opportunity to share thoughts.

Joel