Destinydog

next round of Pistol Permits

last time i submitted for them it took over 60 days for 2 permits, a monht after recieing them i went back and subimitted for 6 more. This time it took 24 days, of which xmas, new years,a nd MLk day was included.. Im thrilled!

Submitted a request for 3 PP on Dec. 3 to NJSP at Kingwood. They have not even contacted my references yet. From now on I submit a request for 3 PP every 90 days, whether I need it or not.

Submitted a request for 3 PP on Dec. 3 to NJSP at Kingwood. They have not even contacted my references yet. From now on I submit a request for 3 PP every 90 days, whether I need it or not.

Bravo.

Why anyone who has to wait doesn't do this, I do not know.

I'm confused. What do you do with 6 pistol purchase permits when they expire in 90 days and you are only allowed one gun a month?

You can extend them for another 3 months. so that means you potentially have 6 permits for the next 6 months. Thats one gun a month for 6 months. Are your realistically going to use one a month for 6 months? Nope. However doing this means you always have an active permit that can be used within 30 days.

What happens if someone puts a pistol up for sale that you want to jump on? What happens if you come across a one week sale and you wanna buy? Do you want to go to the PD, fill out paperwork, wait for the references, wait for it to be approved and hope the deal is still around? The deal will be over or the pistol you wanted will be sold. Doing it this way ensures you always have the means to buy a pistol. The cost is minimal.

• Like 1

What happens if someone puts a pistol up for sale that you want to jump on? What happens if you come across a one week sale and you wanna buy? Do you want to go to the PD, fill out paperwork, wait for the references, wait for it to be approved and hope the deal is still around? The deal will be over or the pistol you wanted will be sold. Doing it this way ensures you always have the means to buy a pistol. The cost is minimal.

I appreciate the explanation. I hope you can understand that putting it in the form of asking me those questions had me laughing and crying at the same time from this side of the river. And the crying was not at your expense, it was out of empathy.

The answer to all those questions is I pull out a driver's license, throw cash on the table 20% under what he wants, and then ask if he has any more of those or anything else cool. Then I whip out the checkbook for the others and walk out with a bunch of guns 5 minutes later.

I appreciate the explanation. I hope you can understand that putting it in the form of asking me those questions had me laughing and crying at the same time from this side of the river. And the crying was not at your expense, it was out of empathy.

The answer to all those questions is I pull out a driver's license, throw cash on the table 20% under what he wants, and then ask if he has any more of those or anything else cool. Then I whip out the checkbook for the others and walk out with a bunch of guns 5 minutes later.

Oh, we know! Want to trade houses (or drivers licenses for an hour) :icon_mrgreen:

Way to rub it in...salt in the wounds :facepalm:

He asked.

I really can't help it. NJ will run in my blood forever. Crap, before the AWB, the laws were almost the same in NJ as they are now. But no cop ever gave a crap about them. They just used them on bad guys.

You can extend them for another 3 months. so that means you potentially have 6 permits for the next 6 months. Thats one gun a month for 6 months. Are your realistically going to use one a month for 6 months? Nope. However doing this means you always have an active permit that can be used within 30 days.

The problem is, you still have to wait if you want to buy something else. let's say i buy a gun today. tomorrow, i see a great deal on a pistol and i want to buy it. i have a permit but i can't use it. So, I pay for it, go to the njsp website, fill out the exemption form, bring it to the dealer (or whoever sells it to you), have them sign the other part of it, bring it to the pd, then wait a week or two for it to get approved by the njsp and have the forms returned to you.

i would like to think that me mentioning the law and the 30 day period had some impact on the turn around time, but it is highy unlikely. I probably just got luck.

On a side what happened last time happened again: I went to pick them up, after being told i can pick them up at any time day or night from the PD dispatcher, and the dispatcher tells me it is between 8:30 and 4:00, i casulaly explain to her that is not the case and to get an officer. I explain this to him and he tells me im wrong. So i leave all mad and call the permit lady this am and she tells me they are wrong and she will explain it to them again... there lack of ability to follow the rules of thier own department is disturbing.

get a 100 bucks put in for 50 permits, explain that the longer it takes the more permits you will be applying for next time, they will fold because it takes a long time to type up 50 permits and sign them all. AHAH! plus when you go to sign them you can take your sweet a** time there and waste even more of there time.

That's a good idea, but wouldn't 5 be better. My thinking would be the date on them are the date they are signed, then mailed to you (that's the way Sayreville does it) I get them a day or 2 later. No I purchase a gun the day it arrives, wait 30 days, and so on. The PP is only good for 90 days, not 3 months, extend them another 90 days on the last 3 and that 180 days, so actually you would be a few days short of having a valid PP for the 6th gun.

Harry

That's a good idea, but wouldn't 5 be better. My thinking would be the date on them are the date they are signed, then mailed to you (that's the way Sayreville does it) I get them a day or 2 later. No I purchase a gun the day it arrives, wait 30 days, and so on. The PP is only good for 90 days, not 3 months, extend them another 90 days on the last 3 and that 180 days, so actually you would be a few days short of having a valid PP for the 6th gun.

Harry

It's only a difference of $2, and you can always file for the 30 day exemption.