Sign in to follow this  
Wojo

Before Talking About Gun Control, First Learn Something About Guns!

Worth the time to read the entire article. This is just the first page for a teaser...enjoy!

If you read a few lines of Robert Creamer’s latest contribution to the Huffington Post, you’ll get a good idea of why we can’t have a real discussion about gun laws in this nation:

Our laws currently ban guns made of plastic, because they cannot be identified by metal detectors.

There are very few Americans who would support repealing our current laws banning guns on commercial aircraft.

For many years we have banned personal possession of large caliber machine guns — including those that could bring down airplanes.

In 1994, Congress and the president passed a bipartisan assault weapons ban that outlawed private possession or sale of specific types of fully automatic and semi-automatic weapons whose principle uses are to kill people in war or by police forces. That bill also banned the possession and sale of high-volume magazines of the sort that allowed Jared Lee Loughner, the accused Tucson killer, to fire thirty-one shots in rapid succession before stopping to reload. That bill sunset in 2004, and the Republican Congress and Bush administration refused to extend its provisions.

Had it still been in effect it would have been likely that Loughner — who bought the magazines legally — would have had to reload after firing off only ten rounds, which was the maximum magazine capacity under the assault weapons ban. Since nineteen people were killed or injured, that would have prevented the death or injury of at least another nine human beings.

“A political organizer and strategist for four decades” according to his author’s bio, you might think Creamer — the husband of a congresswoman — might know something about the law. Shockingly, every comment he’s made exposes the vast amount of ignorance policy-makers have regarding firearms — both real and imagined.

Clinky the linky for the rest of the story...

Before Talking About Gun Control, First Learn Something About Guns!

If you read a few lines of Robert Creamer’s latest contribution to the Huffington Post, you’ll get a good idea of why we can’t have a real discussion about gun laws in this nation:

Our laws currently ban guns made of plastic, because they cannot be identified by metal detectors.

:facepalm:

Someone actually believes the movie BS!

I find it pretty stupid that people think if he had a 15 round mag instead of a 31 round mag, that it would have slowed him down any. Swapping mags is quick as hell. And it's even been said that if he had RELIABLE mags, he would have likely been able to fire MORE shots.

I love the 31 round magazine that keeps getting quoted...wasn't it a 30 round mag + one in the pipe? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Plus anyone who is a decent operator would not have gone black and would have been doing tac-reloads.

My favorite paragraph

Had it still been in effect it would have been likely that Loughner -- who bought the magazines legally -- would have had to reload after firing off only 10 rounds, which was the maximum magazine capacity under the assault weapons ban. Since nineteen people were killed or injured, that would have preventing the death or injury of at least another nine human beings.

So even if he had another magazine, we can assume he would have never hit anyone? Apparently his logic is different from our Earth logic.

I love the 31 round magazine that keeps getting quoted...wasn't it a 30 round mag + one in the pipe? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Plus anyone who is a decent operator would not have gone black and would have been doing tac-reloads.

It's could be a 33 round Glock 9mm magazine.

I believe he fired 31 rounds and the gun jammed. I don't know the type of mag he had in there but Glock offers a 33rnd mag. There are probably knock-offs and those tend to cause jams which might have been what happened.

I have said this same thing time and time again... mostly in reference to NJ's laws.. we created a whole slew of laws based largely on what a gun looks like.. nothing else really matters...

an old semi automatic 22 caliber rifle that has a capacity of more than 15 rounds is disallowed..

but

a 12 gauge pump shotgun can hold as many rounds as humanly possible...

call me stupid.. but I would take my chances against the 22 any day of the week VS the 12 gauge... but in NJ it doesn't matter.. it can hold more than 15 rounds so it must be an evil assault weapon.. "this" "AR15" is legal... but "this" "AR15" is not even though they are identical in EVERY way with the exception of one minute detail.. the second example has the ability to mount a bayonet.. come on man.. why even bother.. anyone simple minded enough to create laws like that is about as logical as a rock... and even communicating with people like that is wasting valuable breath that could otherwise be used to do far more useful things.. like blowing on a freshly painted wall to help it dry.. or taking a stroll through the woods and talking to the trees... things like this will net a far greater result than trying to get gun hating liberals to recognize the rights our nations founders intended us all to have..

Everybody is missing the point of the this magazine ban bill.

This is just a stepping stone to eliminating semi auto technology that dates back to 1895.

All the points mentioned above were discussed by the brady's with regards to the failures of so called assault weapons ban. A few years ago, the brady's were tesifying in CA about this, when CA wanted to register magazines, and the brady's point was that it was all useless unless a ban on detachable magazines, or even a ban on semi auto technology, was enacted.

Look at DC, you can't own semi auto's. Even post Heller.

UPDATE: Seems I'm mistaken about about owning semi's in DC, looks like you can according to this list > http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/frames.asp?doc=/mpdc/lib/mpdc/info/pdf/firearms_eligible_registration.pdf

But I do remember reading something about DC redefining the term *machine gun* to include any firearm that accepts a detachable magazine.

Worth the time to read the entire article. This is just the first page for a teaser...enjoy!

I remember that one from the late 70s/early 80s. Unbelievable they would bring that old piece of fear and paranoia back......

It's could be a 33 round Glock 9mm magazine.

I believe he fired 31 rounds and the gun jammed. I don't know the type of mag he had in there but Glock offers a 33rnd mag. There are probably knock-offs and those tend to cause jams which might have been what happened.

Thanks, I really don't much about what is available for Glocks. I like round numbers and that 31, 33 and other prime numbers mess me up.

I have said this same thing time and time again... mostly in reference to NJ's laws.. we created a whole slew of laws based largely on what a gun looks like.. nothing else really matters...

an old semi automatic 22 caliber rifle that has a capacity of more than 15 rounds is disallowed..

but

a 12 gauge pump shotgun can hold as many rounds as humanly possible...

call me stupid.. but I would take my chances against the 22 any day of the week VS the 12 gauge... but in NJ it doesn't matter.. it can hold more than 15 rounds so it must be an evil assault weapon.. "this" "AR15" is legal... but "this" "AR15" is not even though they are identical in EVERY way with the exception of one minute detail.. the second example has the ability to mount a bayonet.. come on man.. why even bother.. anyone simple minded enough to create laws like that is about as logical as a rock... and even communicating with people like that is wasting valuable breath that could otherwise be used to do far more useful things.. like blowing on a freshly painted wall to help it dry.. or taking a stroll through the woods and talking to the trees... things like this will net a far greater result than trying to get gun hating liberals to recognize the rights our nations founders intended us all to have..

you know, I just want to order STANDARD stuff. I hate having to search for "NJ compliant" mags or rifles, while seeing mags with 17-100 rounds and rifles with folding stocks and other stuff available in America.

Like Tommy3rd said, I'd be happy with 20/30 round magazines, a threader barrel, a bird cage and an adjustable stock. I really don't care about 100 round drums and I can take or leave the bayo lug. Before I fix bayonets, I'd use it as a club and have a better combat knife at the ready. I truly wonder how many times a fixed bayonet has been used in the commission of a crime.

Did somebody say Heller? This is a picture of the man. He is wearing the colonial hat leaning over the fence. I took this picture when I was providing security for Larry Pratt at the dud of a 2nd Amendment Rally in DC.

Heller-DCRally2.jpg

Me (Orange Easy Button) with Larry Pratt, GOA (Blue Shirt) and Stewart Rhodes, President of the Oath keepers (Suit). Fun detail to work watching all the snipers on the roof tops watching us.

SAM-SW-Pratt-Rhodes-1.jpg