Bob B

NJ2AS Meeting Feb 16, Guest Speakers and Expanded CCW Station

How did this go?

I think the meeting went great. The guest speakers were very good. Dan Schmutter impressed me as a very smart guy. I'm glad he is on our side. The NJ2AS seems like a very good organization. If we all pull together and get active I think we have a real chance of changing the situation in New Jersey.

How did this go?

I just got back. I thought the meeting was fantastic. Dan Schmutter's presentation was excellent, and he took the time to answer a lot of questions from those in attendance. Anthony's talk was pretty good too. Kudos to Frank for putting this together.

...and those of you who have not yet joined NJ2AS....get off your asses and do it already! We're going to need many more people involved going forward.

I think the meeting went great. The guest speakers were very good. Dan Schmutter impressed me as a very smart guy. I'm glad he is on our side. The NJ2AS seems like a very good organization. If we all pull together and get active I think we have a real chance of changing the situation in New Jersey.

Meeting went great.It's nice to finally meet some of the people who are working so hard for us to change the horrible gun laws we have in jersey. Guest speakers were great.so was the pizza! :icon_e_biggrin: Thankyou to everyone who made it possible.

I would like to personally thank all the members who showed up for the meeting, and all the new members who signed up tonight. Like Dan Schmutter said, it is an EXCITING time to be a gun owner in NJ. Nothing here is ever EASY, but I think if you pay close attention you can begin to taste a little of the freedom that is coming our way. As you learned tonight, there are a LOT of things going on right now in our state. Several important lawsuits are being litigated, new intelligent legislation is being considered, misguided policies are being challenged, and *WE* are right smack in the middle of it all. And when I say *WE* I mean *ALL* of us. We are now faced with an opportunity to make SIGNIFICANT changes in the way NJ gun owners are treated, but it is going to take *ALL* of us getting involved in order to make it happen. There is no reason we can't get what we deserve.

Was a great meeting. I even got to ask Dan Schmutter a question that has been bugging me.

I should have mingled more to meet more forum people, i sorta bee-lined it for the door after the meeting to get home. Next meeting. :)

I was surprised to hear the low number for dues-paying members of NJ2AS. Really need to pump that up.

Frank just wanted to verify on the March 16th meeting in Toms River..will there be ccw applications being done..I already have Utah and Fla ccw and i would like to get printed for Arizona (I have the AZ ccw packet).

stever

Great meeting last night. Congratulations to Frank and Bob and the behind-the-scenes guys, and for the strong work on fronts other than carry law.

Thanks also to Anthony and his staff for providing a great venue and organizing the permit side of the meeting so well.

G

Was a great meeting. I even got to ask Dan Schmutter a question that has been bugging me.

I should have mingled more to meet more forum people, i sorta bee-lined it for the door after the meeting to get home. Next meeting. :)

I was surprised to hear the low number for dues-paying members of NJ2AS. Really need to pump that up.

Thanks Dan,

We purposely keep the dues low to insure that anyone who wants to join will have the opportunity to participate as members, whether or not they are active firearms enthusiasts. We want to attract the average community member who believes in the same rights and freedoms we do. Now, having said that, if you are like *ME*, you blow at LEAST $50.00 or more every time you go to the range. (OK here comes the pitch). If you can afford to do more (and most of us can), we heartily encourage you to donate to the cause. This fight is DEFINITELY going to take money. The opposition has funds and they are willing to spend them to stop us. We have to be able to fight back. We are currently in the process of building up a "war chest", so every dollar helps. I will have much more to say about this in the near future. No one likes to beg for money, and I know people get tired of being hounded. I will try to keep this down to a minimum, but please understand we *DO* need your help.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed, and everyone who has participated. We are *JUST* getting started. NOW IS THE TIME!!!

Thanks Dan,

We purposely keep the dues low to insure that anyone who wants to join will have the opportunity to participate as members, whether or not they are active firearms enthusiasts. We want to attract the average community member who believes in the same rights and freedoms we do. Now, having said that, if you are like *ME*, you blow at LEAST $50.00 or more every time you go to the range. (OK here comes the pitch). If you can afford to do more (and most of us can), we heartily encourage you to donate to the cause. This fight is DEFINITELY going to take money. The opposition has funds and they are willing to spend them to stop us. We have to be able to fight back. We are currently in the process of building up a "war chest", so every dollar helps. I will have much more to say about this in the near future. No one likes to beg for money, and I know people get tired of being hounded. I will try to keep this down to a minimum, but please understand we *DO* need your help.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed, and everyone who has participated. We are *JUST* getting started. NOW IS THE TIME!!!

I have to add the meeting was good and like some others, I didn't mingle as much as I would have liked being I had to boggie so I could get 4 hours of sleep before work this morning.

I can't agree more on what the NJ2AS is doing and joined last night myself and for anyone out there who was wondering if they should join, well if you care about changes to our current laws, JOIN. This group as well as the others are fighting not for their rights but OUR Rights and to say well let the other guy do that isn't going to work. So if you want change do somethng about it and suppot this and other groups that are trying to make those changes happen.

I will be at the next meeting if I can make it and hope to be able to do a little more meeting of the folks from here.

Oh yea, Pizza was good also.

Harry

Thanks Dan,

Hi Frank, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I wasn't saying the fees are low (which they are, but I understand why) I meant the membership numbers. If I heard you correctly there are only 150 official dues-paying NJ2AS members. Is that correct?

I agree with your statement on joining and donating. People are so turned off by donation grubbing these days, as we are all bombarded from every direction with good causes and intentions.

Its a decision that every NJ gun owner needs to make. Now is not the time to say "I'm a member of the NRA, that's good enough". It takes time, money, and resources to make changes happen. Lots of people have the mentality of "I'm only one person, I won't make a difference, I'll just keep my $25 or not be bothered... someone else will do it most likely anyway". Multiply that attitude by the thousands, and you see the picture.

The one thing I do know is that in joining NJ2AS, my $25 has a tremendous return on investment in terms of putting my money to work to fight for what I believe in. SAF and GOA also come to mind when it comes to donations. NRA is the last on my list, but I'm still a member.

Hi Frank, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I wasn't saying the fees are low (which they are, but I understand why) I meant the membership numbers. If I heard you correctly there are only 150 official dues-paying NJ2AS members. Is that correct?

I agree with your statement on joining and donating. People are so turned off by donation grubbing these days, as we are all bombarded from every direction with good causes and intentions.

Its a decision that every NJ gun owner needs to make. Now is not the time to say "I'm a member of the NRA, that's good enough". It takes time, money, and resources to make changes happen. Lots of people have the mentality of "I'm only one person, I won't make a difference, I'll just keep my $25 or not be bothered... someone else will do it most likely anyway". Multiply that attitude by the thousands, and you see the picture.

The one thing I do know is that in joining NJ2AS, my $25 has a tremendous return on investment in terms of putting my money to work to fight for what I believe in. SAF and GOA also come to mind when it comes to donations. NRA is the last on my list, but I'm still a member.

This is why we need our members to spread the word and encourage everyone they can to join and support us. Thank you for supporting us by the way and i am glad it was a great meeting!!

Tom

I joined as soon as I heard about the lawsuit, also joined ANJRP at the same time. Hopefully I can make the next meeting in toms river. I think we need to advertise more, as many shooters probably don't even know about the NJ2AS. Maybe sell t-shirts to wear to the range, bumper stickers? Would most likely spark conversations there. Just a thought.

I joined as soon as I heard about the lawsuit, also joined ANJRP at the same time. Hopefully I can make the next meeting in toms river. I think we need to advertise more, as many shooters probably don't even know about the NJ2AS. Maybe sell t-shirts to wear to the range, bumper stickers? Would most likely spark conversations there. Just a thought.

Good idea Jimmy. For me bumper stickers are my mortal enemy. I would however be open to window decals, the kind that do not have adhesives, but still sticks to the interior glass by ways of magic and/or science.

sticks to the interior glass by ways of magic and/or science.

ColorForms!!

I brought a new handgun owner, a kid, with me last night. He was more than overwhelmed that we had 60+ (my guess) people attend who all had similar interests that paralleled his.

A big shout out to Roland for taking this kid and talking sense to him. We need more people who are willing to step in and educate people.

Frank - dude, NEVER be afraid of public speaking. You really have a knack for it. You're a natural, and you bring a certain energy that "the people" (not collectively ;) ) enjoy seeing.

Bob - I don't remember what you said last night (long day) - but I recall that I agreed with everything you said. Also, keep up the good work.

Anthony GFH Colandro - Another guy with a gift for public speaking and a love for firearms. Every time I talk to you or hear you present something I realize how woefully unprepared I am.

Dan Schmutter - From Dan's initial appearance and pacing when he first arrived, I was ready to be disappointed... I didn't expect you to be as educated, entertaining, thoughtful, precise, and so much more in your delivery and answers to questions posed by the group.

Thanks to all the big guys - I'm glad, really glad that I stayed for the meeting and didn't just get my stuff in order and leave.

Thanks to all the guys behind the scenes too - the cops who did the fingerprinting and notarizing, Maks for making the forum a place where we could find others of like minds, etc.

Good idea Jimmy. For me bumper stickers are my mortal enemy. I would however be open to window decals, the kind that do not have adhesives, but still sticks to the interior glass by ways of magic and/or science.

I'm no big fan of bumper stickers, but the inside the window graphics pretty much suck on tinted windows. A nice, tasteful die cut vinyl sticker that mounts on the outside of the glass, or on a bumper, if so desired, is possibly a better idea.

I've gotten die cut custom stickers from Racecals for what seemed a reasonable price, but it very much depends on the size and quantity ordered.

This is very gratifying to hear. We are trying very hard to represent the interests of *ALL* NJ gun owners. We are a young organization, and will benefit from all the opportunities and challenges we face going forward. I know it is difficult to be patient, but some of what we are trying to accomplish WILL take time. If *I* were King.... well that is another subject. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif. Stick with us and we *WILL* affect changes with your help.

ColorForms!!

I brought a new handgun owner, a kid, with me last night. He was more than overwhelmed that we had 60+ (my guess) people attend who all had similar interests that paralleled his.

A big shout out to Roland for taking this kid and talking sense to him. We need more people who are willing to step in and educate people.

Frank - dude, NEVER be afraid of public speaking. You really have a knack for it. You're a natural, and you bring a certain energy that "the people" (not collectively ;) ) enjoy seeing.

Bob - I don't remember what you said last night (long day) - but I recall that I agreed with everything you said. Also, keep up the good work.

Anthony GFH Colandro - Another guy with a gift for public speaking and a love for firearms. Every time I talk to you or hear you present something I realize how woefully unprepared I am.

Dan Schmutter - From Dan's initial appearance and pacing when he first arrived, I was ready to be disappointed... I didn't expect you to be as educated, entertaining, thoughtful, precise, and so much more in your delivery and answers to questions posed by the group.

Thanks to all the big guys - I'm glad, really glad that I stayed for the meeting and didn't just get my stuff in order and leave.

Thanks to all the guys behind the scenes too - the cops who did the fingerprinting and notarizing, Maks for making the forum a place where we could find others of like minds, etc.

THANK YOU Dan, for the compliments. We REALLY try hard to bring interesting speakers to our meetings. We understand that it is important to inspire and energize our membership. For *WAY* too many years we have been beaten into submission by the liberal gun grabbers. Now it is *OUR* *TURN*!!! It isn't even a matter of *IF* we will do it. It is just a matter of WHEN. *THAT* will depend a great deal on how much enthusiasm we are able to generate among the community, and people like yourselves. The people that understand what RIGHTS are all about are *OUT* *THERE*. We just have to wake them *UP*. We can do it, and *NOW* *IS* *THE* *TIME*!!!