gunnyr

3Gun Feb 13 at SJSC

Posting this out there if anyone is interested. I missed the last one so I'm hoping to make this one. 8:30 safety brief, hammers down at 9AM. $20 for members, $25 for non-members.

If anyone wants to find me, I'll be the slow guy shooting saigas and not doing a good job of hitting his targets. I will most likely whine about the cold weather and complain incessantly about it affecting my shooting. And if that doesn't help ID me, I'll probably be wearing my man-purse.

(Edited because I can't stand poor grammar.)

Round count isn't too bad. 10rds rifle in 2 mags, 5 rds shotgun (target loads only - no buck, no slugs), 10rds pistol in two mags. Last time I went there were a bunch of guys using 22lr conversions in their AR's. It's not a long range, I think it might be around 30 or 40 yards at most. Usually you start with the rifle at the longest distance, move up to your pre-staged shotgun, and finish with the pistol which most guys wear on a holster. Mag switches on the rifle and pistol.

BTW this is off the top of my head and relying on memory from the last match description.

They also run regularly scheduled IDPA matches every month (2nd weekend I believe).

And a good time was had by all!!

Nice to meet ChrisEdens at the shoot. Great guy and was nice enough to take video of me on one of the rounds. Unfortunately it wasn't one of my better runs because my rifle mag slipped out of my hands and I muzzle flashed all the spectators (just kidding). However I blame the cold weather for fumbling the mag....and all the misses on my targets.

Seriously, though, it was cool hanging out with the shooters and checking out all the different gear people were using. If I can figure out how to do it I'll post the video Chris took (thanks again man).

And Chris, sorry I missed you when you left!

BTW, Paul (PK90)'s name was repeatedly thrown around to some of the local shooters who are shopping.