Ray Ray

I'm torn, what to do

Well, since I'm financially strapped I've been selling off some stuff to keep that is either unneeded or unused but now I'm torn. I have to perfect, beautiful bolt guns that have seen less than 10 rounds down them a piece. They are brand new, scoped out and ready to hunt. Problem is I don't hunt and I have no real use for them. Another problem is that they are south-paw bolt guns which makes them a little more unique, and harder to sell. If I want to buy any other "toys", one or both of these have to go. What to do?

Dump em both if you dont forsee using them! Then buy something you will use more!

I would, but these things are like brand-new, scoped out deer slaying guns!

There are some pistols (and a certain double gun) that have been calling my name.

Remington 700 L

30-06

Leupold adjustable scope, not sure of the model

Ruger Hawkeye M77 Mark II

25-06

Buckmark adjustable scope, not sure ofthe model either

Both have been safe queens since I got them. Sighted in with about 8 rounds a piece and have been sitting ever since (5 years).

I know its a shame to let go of pretty much brand new guns at a loss but if they fill a somewhat specific role, and if that role to you is empty, theres no point to having them. Its like having a 50 BMG in NJ. Yes, its cool, and yes it has a purpose somewhere/sometime/someplace but for you right now, its just money sitting in the corner.

Well, I think I might take some pictures in the morning and post them up here. Not sure of the value though as it would be a package deal, scope and all. I have some ammo to, but damn this sucks.

Honestly, if you're strapped for cash, you shouldn't sell to buy, or hold and buy. You need to stop buying. Sell the two rifles, get a good price for them. Then, stop buying.

I'm strapped for cash, too. That is why I have one gun...and it was a gift.

Ray,

It costs very little to put them up on GunBroker (and free to list them here). List the guns on GB for a price you can live with. There are a few lefties out there somewhere looking for what you have. You want the biggest exposure you can get since these are oddities. It may be the only place where you can get good value. I know that I have paid a bit more than I should on a number of guns because they were something very specific and hard to find.

• Like 1

I have to sell to buy... Because that keeps my firearms budget at a constant. It also (usually) prevents me from making purchases that I regret later, or owning a firearm that I don't shoot regularly.

That being said: Who wants a Sig P226? :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Sell them if you are not using them. Besides money being tied up, think of selling them as a way of giving someone else the opportunity to buy a gun they always wanted at a discounted used price. Maybe they have always wanted that rifle but never could afford it at retail prices. Your making the gun world a better place for all Ray.

At least that is what I tell myself when I dont want to get rid of my toys ;)

Honestly, if you're strapped for cash, you shouldn't sell to buy, or hold and buy. You need to stop buying. Sell the two rifles, get a good price for them. Then, stop buying.

I'm strapped for cash, too. That is why I have one gun...and it was a gift.

+1 to Braptor, and to Vlad as well.

I see it like this.

If you are financially going down in flames...dont sell.

If you have an emergency like your kid needs meds or somethng and its the only way...sell.

If you are selling to fund something else you want, evaluate and then wait 2 weeks and see if you still feel the same.

I've been contimplating this for a long time, just haven't pulled the trigger on selling them yet.

Just sell both. You say you wanna use them for hunting but you don't hunt (is there even anything to hunt in Bayonne!?! maybe sewer rats :p ). Why have them sit in the safe when you could be buying and USING other gun(s)?

Or just sell one and keep the other. That way you'll be getting some money but still have one for sentimental value.

I'm a lefty that has shot so many righty bolt guns, I don't think I could work the action! Looks like nice guns Ray, good luck.

I was talking about this with someone last night. Being a lefty has made me kinda Ambidextrous on my firearms. I can work a right handed bolt just as fast as I can work a lefty bolt.

btw, they are up for sale in the marketplace. I have no idea how to use gunbroker and I've got zero patience to learn.

I was talking about this with someone last night. Being a lefty has made me kinda Ambidextrous on my firearms. I can work a right handed bolt just as fast as I can work a lefty bolt.

btw, they are up for sale in the marketplace. I have no idea how to use gunbroker and I've got zero patience to learn.

Its super easy, dude. You list it, and when it sells you get the FFL copy via fax, go to the ATF website, punch in the number, it says if its valid or not. If its valid, you mail it to the FFL adress with a copy of your drivers license. Done.

Its super easy, dude. You list it, and when it sells you get the FFL copy via fax, go to the ATF website, punch in the number, it says if its valid or not. If its valid, you mail it to the FFL adress with a copy of your drivers license. Done.

Just for reference, what do you need to keep on hand as a record of the sale for the NJSP? I would assume a copy of the auction, and FFL will be more than sufficient.