Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Big Bullet Blasting Boxes

So today marks 17 years that the Brady Law has been in effect. To commemorate this anniversary, the brady bunch has an updated wish list on their blog;

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/press/view/1359/

17 Common Sense Recommendations for Change:

# Close the" Gun Show" Loophole: Extend Brady Background Checks to All Gun Purchases

# Close the Terror Gap: Prohibit Gun Sales to Suspected Terrorists

# Stop the Sale of Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines (aka Big Bullet-Blasting Boxes)

# Restore Justice to Gun Violence Victims: Repeal the Gun Industry Legal Protection Act

# Repeal Tiahrt Restrictions on Disclosure of Crime Gun Data

# Require Licensing of Gun Owners and Registration of Gun Purchases

# Strengthen ATF Authority to Regulate Gun Dealers and Crack Down on Corrupt Dealers

# Require Gun Owners to Report Lost or Stolen Guns

# Improve the National Violent Death Reporting System Date, and restore firearms research funding for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

# Restrict Large-Volume Gun Sales

# Require Licensed Dealers to Adopt Safeguards to Prevent Gun Thefts

# Require Licensed Dealers to Perform Background Checks on Employees

# Prohibit The Transfer of Gun Inventory Without Background Checks After a Dealer's License Has Been Revoked

# Prohibit Gun Possession by People Convicted of Violent Misdemeanors

# Prohibit Gun Possession by Persons Convicted of Violent Acts as Juveniles

# Repeal the 24-hour Brady Record Destruction Requirement

# Support new technologies to help law enforcement more effectively trace crime guns and supporting development of safety features to childproof guns

Plus we all learn a new term. Standard capacity magazines are actually *Big Bullet Blasting Boxes*

-->Restore Justice to Gun Violence Victims: Repeal the Gun Industry Legal Protection Act

This is their holy grail. If they get that through, they'll force all gun makers out of the the civilian market.

What a bunch of scum. Prohibit sales of violent juveniles? So if a 10yo kid pushes down a kid in the 5th grade and gets in trouble for it, he's prohibited from gun ownership for life. Infuriating.

We should make people who want restrictions on The Bill of Rights get a license and register every article or publication they publish. Maximum of one per month, none larger than 10 lines.

But that would be unconstitutional!!!

....oh wait, that's your point :icon_e_biggrin:

-->Restore Justice to Gun Violence Victims: Repeal the Gun Industry Legal Protection Act

This is their holy grail. If they get that through, they'll force all gun makers out of the the civilian market.

I heard that's what happened with Colt. When they bailed on the civilian market back in the 90s when all these lawsuits were around, the lawsuit against them got dropped.

What a bunch of scum. Prohibit sales of violent juveniles? So if a 10yo kid pushes down a kid in the 5th grade and gets in trouble for it, he's prohibited from gun ownership for life. Infuriating.

And the way things are nowadays, every scrape a kid gets into is a major calamity to the school boards. It's likely most kids would be banned later if they got that through.

Improve the National Violent Death Reporting System Date, and restore firearms research funding for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

HAHA this one is my favorite, i guess owning a gun is a disease.... we infect others to buy guns! well that's not entirely far from the truth ahaha

Improve the National Violent Death Reporting System Date, and restore firearms research funding for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

HAHA this one is my favorite, i guess owning a gun is a disease.... we infect others to buy guns! well that's not entirely far from the truth ahaha

That one is particularly nefarious. There's a movement in govt to move "gun violence" out from under the law enforcement umbrella and redefine it as a national health issue. That would open the doors to restricting the rights of gun owners through regulation rather than legislation. It would be bad.

That one is particularly nefarious. There's a movement in govt to move "gun violence" out from under the law enforcement umbrella and redefine it as a national health issue. That would open the doors to restricting the rights of gun owners through regulation rather than legislation. It would be bad.

The really nefarious part comes when they try and increase your health insurance premiums because you own a gun.

The really nefarious part comes when they try and increase your health insurance premiums because you own a gun.

I think it gets more interesting when your doctor is required to report if they think maybe you shouldn't have guns, just like they are now required to report signs of what might be child abuse. Reporting would be based on their discretion and their personal proclivities, of course. That's what they are really after.

I want to know where they got that term from. I mean who in the world calls them big bullet blasting boxes. It doesn't even make sense in any way you try to think about it. Did they get it from some five year old who was talking about guns? The only other theory i have for the term is that they are trying to create a new term for high capacity magazines to try to fool the public that they are something else, i.e. calling certain rifles assault weapons to fool people into thinking they are assault rifles. If that’s the case though they failed miserably (not that I mined them failing) because big bullet blasting boxes sounds a whole lot less scary then high capacity magazines. Of course perhaps it’s some pro gun people just messing with them in which case then I will be LMAO @ them. Now that I think about it that would be an awesome plan. A Bradley representative goes into a debate on some news station and says “Big Bullet Blasting Box” they would automatically lose all credibility and therefore the debate.

I want to know where they got that term from. I mean who in the world calls them big bullet blasting boxes. It doesn't even make sense in any way you try to think about it. Did they get it from some five year old who was talking about guns? The only other theory i have for the term is that they are trying to create a new term for high capacity magazines to try to fool the public that they are something else, i.e. calling certain rifles assault weapons to fool people into thinking they are assault rifles. If that’s the case though they failed miserably (not that I mined them failing) because big bullet blasting boxes sounds a whole lot less scary then high capacity magazines. Of course perhaps it’s some pro gun people just messing with them in which case then I will be LMAO @ them. Now that I think about it that would be an awesome plan. A Bradley representative goes into a debate on some news station and says “Big Bullet Blasting Box” they would automatically lose all credibility and therefore the debate.

I assume tbey wanted something that sounds scary, maybe people will think they hold bullets that can shoot trhough brick walls.

Looks like the Brady Bunch has settled on the term "assault clip" for any magazine with capacity over 10 rounds. They are beginning to work this into all their talking points, websites, and publications.

Somehow the term keeps reminding me of Clippy the annoying Microsoft character.

clippy.jpg

When I was a kid, we used to break paper clips in half and shoot them across the classroom with a rubber band. I guess those would be considered "assault clips" in the modern lexicon of the Bradys.

That's an awfully big wish list for a group that has been getting their collective asses handed to them for the past 10 years...

How about a little "When they say... What they mean is..."?

17 Common Sense Recommendations for Change:

# Close the" Gun Show" Loophole: Extend Brady Background Checks to All Gun Purchases

* End all private sales: When we say "Loophole", we mean "anything we don't like that's still legal"

# Close the Terror Gap: Prohibit Gun Sales to Suspected Terrorist

* End Due Process: Who really thinks that a non-elected government bureaucrat won't abuse his authority? It's never happened before

# Stop the Sale of Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines (aka Big Bullet-Blasting Boxes)

* We know that going straight to single shots is tough, so we'll settle for 10 rounds for now (10 is a nice round number, though not as round as zero): And we like alliteration

# Restore Justice to Gun Violence Victims: Repeal the Gun Industry Legal Protection Act

* Suing gun makers was just shear brilliance. Why can't we just have this one back?

# Repeal Tiahrt Restrictions on Disclosure of Crime Gun Data

* Suing gun shops was just as brilliant

# Require Licensing of Gun Owners and Registration of Gun Purchases

* We admit, this is kind of a repeat of our first wish on this list, but we needed another to make it 17, since this is the 17th anniversary of the Brady Bill. Yay!

# Strengthen ATF Authority to Regulate Gun Dealers and Crack Down on Corrupt Dealers

* We don't know what this means, but it sounded good when Dennis said it.

# Require Gun Owners to Report Lost or Stolen Guns

* This would allow us to "pad" the statistics about gun owners being criminals

# Improve the National Violent Death Reporting System Date, and restore firearms research funding for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

* Our money is starting to dry up, so we need some gubbermint cheese filtered our way through an agency we know is anti-gun

# Restrict Large-Volume Gun Sales

* We just don't think you need that many guns

# Require Licensed Dealers to Adopt Safeguards to Prevent Gun Thefts

* Wait, this one already exists? Woohoo! Chalk a win up for us!

# Require Licensed Dealers to Perform Background Checks on Employees

* This way when somebody with the same name as a criminal applies for a job we can count that as a "criminal prevented from purchasing a gun" using the Brady Bill

# Prohibit The Transfer of Gun Inventory Without Background Checks After a Dealer's License Has Been Revoked

* Really, we'd prefer any dealer caught putting "W. Geehossaflat" instead of "West Geehossaflat" in an address box just be skinned alive and his bloody remains fed to hungry pigs, we'd be happy just seizing his assets that firearms

# Prohibit Gun Possession by People Convicted of Violent Misdemeanors

* Once we get this, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump to prohibit gun possession by anyone accused of jaywalking

# Prohibit Gun Possession by Persons Convicted of Violent Acts as Juveniles

* Maybe once we get this one passed, we can make it illegal for babies to kick their mothers in utero

# Repeal the 24-hour Brady Record Destruction Requirement

* OK, OK, this is yet another repeat of wish #1, but it's the anniversary of our law!

# Support new technologies to help law enforcement more effectively trace crime guns and supporting development of safety features to childproof guns

* We don't know the first thing about gun safety, and we're not even all that worried about children (in fact, it makes us all tingly in our jeans when a child is killed by gunfire), but we know you gun people don't like it, so we're including it anyway. Besides, look how well it's worked out in New Jersey!

I'm sure some of you can do better with some, if not all, of them.

Well the good news is if they use assault clip we can all point out that there has never been a crime where the bad guy used a clip with more than 10 rounds. Possibly even go as far as saying there is no such thing as a clip that holds more than ten rounds, though I can’t say that with certainty I just can’t think of any.

When I was a kid, we used to break paper clips in half and shoot them across the classroom with a rubber band. I guess those would be considered "assault clips" in the modern lexicon of the Bradys.

I certainly hope you didn't do this in New Jersey. Right? Maybe an out of state class one summer. Right?

Well the good news is if they use assault clip we can all point out that there has never been a crime where the bad guy used a clip with more than 10 rounds. Possibly even go as far as saying there is no such thing as a clip that holds more than ten rounds, though I can’t say that with certainty I just can’t think of any.

Yes, but we won't point it out until it's too late for them to realize. This is seriously something that is absolutely baffling. The ONE thing that I have learned in my legal classes is that EVERY WORD MATTERS. Say what you mean. I find it absolutely ridiculous that there are people trying to pass laws, and they don't even know what the hell they are saying :facepalm:

Yes, but we won't point it out until it's too late for them to realize. This is seriously something that is absolutely baffling. The ONE thing that I have learned in my legal classes is that EVERY WORD MATTERS. Say what you mean. I find it absolutely ridiculous that there are people trying to pass laws, and they don't even know what the hell they are saying :facepalm:

Goes to show you higher education can be a waste of time and money.

I don't even think that applies here. I think that politicians today have such a misconception of what their job actually entails. It has become such a freakin' reality show that it's scary. A politician who advocates something, yet does not have the SLIGHTEST clue what she is supporting is just.....it's literally one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.