Pew Pew Plates

10/22 tech sights

Looking at the tech sights for my 10/22. Since I hear the tsr200 is a PITA to adjust, I'de like to get the TSR100 which is a flip sight with 2 different level peeps. Anyone know approx. what kind of difference in zero they are? I know it depends on ammo, but, what will a 25 yard zero on the short peep usually translate to on the tall one?

Thanks!

Looking at the tech sights for my 10/22. Since I hear the tsr200 is a PITA to adjust, I'de like to get the TSR100 which is a flip sight with 2 different level peeps. Anyone know approx. what kind of difference in zero they are? I know it depends on ammo, but, what will a 25 yard zero on the short peep usually translate to on the tall one?

Thanks!

I have three techsights, but only the TSR200 models. I haven't found them difficult to adjust at all.

I have shot the TSR200s and have had no issues adjusting. If you want really easy, go with the TS100, but replace the TS100 rear insert with the TS220 rear insert. They will do it for $20. Elevation changes are the flick of a thumb, very simple and this is the setp that I got for my 597. $10 more then the TS200 and VERY SIMPLE.

Glenn, I just put tech sights on my Marlin 795 and will be at the range sometime next week to zero them in. I'll shoot you a txt when I go.

Exact same gun I want to pick up on the way home from work, ordering the tech sights as soon as I pick it up. Did did you just get the TSM200 alone or did you also order the TS220 adjustment tool. From reading it it doesn't sound like you really need it but for 5 buck's is it worth having??

Anything special about installing it or is it as easy as the instructions say it is?

Harry

Harry, its a great gun, get it! I got the tech sights this week and installation was a breeze. The only issue I ran into, and this seems to be a pretty well known problem on the newer production Marlin's is that the scope rail on the reciever is slightly canted to the right. So when you install the rear sight, its a little crooked. I fixed this by shimming the right rear side of the sight with some folded aluminium foil. Now it is on there nice and tight and straight. When you go to the store check the rear of the receiver, maybe its not all of the 795 out there that have this small problem.

I did order the $5 adjustment tool as well. I haven't used it yet but for $5 seems like a pretty handy thing to have in your range bag.

Harry, its a great gun, get it! I got the tech sights this week and installation was a breeze. The only issue I ran into, and this seems to be a pretty well known problem on the newer production Marlin's is that the scope rail on the reciever is slightly canted to the right. So when you install the rear sight, its a little crooked. I fixed this by shimming the right rear side of the sight with some folded aluminium foil. Now it is on there nice and tight and straight. When you go to the store check the rear of the receiver, maybe its not all of the 795 out there that have this small problem.

I did order the $5 adjustment tool as well. I haven't used it yet but for $5 seems like a pretty handy thing to have in your range bag.

Thanks for the info and tip on shimming if needed, hopefully I'll order the sights and tool today after I get home with my new rifle.

Harry

Hey guys. A little update.

Ordered the TSR100 for 3 reasons. #1 is it is indeed lower, so it looks better/allows better cheek weld. #2 is that I can zero it for 25 yards, then as I found out via calling tech sights, I can flip it and shoot 50 yards + or - with no guess work/counting clicks. Can still fine adjust via front sight.

#3, cheaper

it will be a nice touch on my new project :icon_twisted:

Are the sights fairly easy to install, or is it something that should be done by a gunsmith for those of us unwilling to get into anything too complicated?

Very easy, my daughter could have installed them with out any help and she's 11.

Harry

I posted this in another forum this weekend, but here are 60 shots using Tech Sights at 50yrds, from a bag. This weekend we also installed some new trigger parts, and it did even better on Sunday. So, they are definitely capable of some reasonable shooting.

5673640767_c589e1fa61_b.jpg

I posted this in another forum this weekend, but here are 60 shots using Tech Sights at 50yrds, from a bag. This weekend we also installed some new trigger parts, and it did even better on Sunday. So, they are definitely capable of some reasonable shooting.

5673640767_c589e1fa61_b.jpg

Melgamatic- Do you have the barrel band on rhe front of the stock? Shoot it temporaryly without the barrel band and see what it does...

Nice results BTW, Good job!

Melgamatic- Do you have the barrel band on rhe front of the stock? Shoot it temporaryly without the barrel band and see what it does...

Nice results BTW, Good job!

Barrel band is long gone with the addition of the Boyd's thumbhole stock. HOWEVER, it isn't completely free floated as I can't quite slide a dollar bill between the stock and the barrel the entire length of the barrel, so I should fix that before next attempt.

Barrel band is long gone with the addition of the Boyd's thumbhole stock. HOWEVER, it isn't completely free floated as I can't quite slide a dollar bill between the stock and the barrel the entire length of the barrel, so I should fix that before next attempt.

Stock or heay barrel?

Stock. I'll post a picture of the rifle tonight.

I'd appreciate that! I have one stock gun left and I'd like to see what others have done.

Whose trigger kit did you use? I went the hammer,sear, shims and trigger return spring route on my short range varmint killer.

Interested to know how you went and the results.

Just put Tech Sights on my 10/22 carbine. OMG, what a difference! My accuracy has improved tremendously, and my shots mostly go pretty close to where I'm aiming, unlike the wide dispersal I was getting with the stock sights. Imagine what will happen when I get good!