joejaxx

Couple recount fatal fray at their Tierra Verde home

I wish more home invasions turned out like this one. More people need to stop criminals during the commission of their personal crimes. This guy was in and out of prison and was out on the street lol.

State records show Hill had been in and out of prison since 1986 for burglary, grand theft, selling cocaine and other crimes. Hill was last arrested in Pinellas County in February for disorderly intoxication.

Anyway here is the article. Just shows why you should be armed even in your own house and while answering the door (or do not bother answering the door for people you do not know):

TITLE: Couple recount fatal fray at their Tierra Verde home

TIERRA VERDE — Meghan Brown had fired her pink .38-caliber handgun only inside a shooting range. Even there, she said, she wasn't very good.

The 2009 Miss Tierra Verde, 25 and a slender brunet, had trouble pulling back the trigger. When she did manage, she said she almost never hit the target.

That Saturday was different.

A man barged into her home, attacking her and beating her fiance. Adrenaline pumping, she fetched the gun from her bedroom. She trained it on the man, following his movements as he tussled with her fiance.

She saw an opening. She pulled the trigger. Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Albert F. Hill, 42, never got up.

Source: http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/couple-recount-fatal-fray-at-their-tierra-verde-home/1158689

The bad guy was 42. The fiance is 43. My pure guess is that the hubby is involved with a certain less than legal business venture.

1. Young hot, hot wife.

2. Surveillance cameras around property.

3. No real job listed in the article.

4. Big parties.

5. Home invasion that the cops say was not random.

The bad guy was 42. The fiance is 43. My pure guess is that the hubby is involved with a certain less than legal business venture.

1. Young hot, hot wife.

4. Big parties.

I have to agree. The same issues became apparent to me when I read. The story seems like there are a few things being left out.

Yep, he (the fiancee) looks like he isn't the most savory individual in the world. I don't get the age jokes though, that's how it works. Older wealthy guy and young model with little to offer other than looks. She probably saw his watch before she saw him.

All stereotyping aside, good for her, she saved them both. Excellent job and another example of firearms being used to save lives.

1. Young hot, hot wife.

4. Big parties.

Yeah, I thought the same exact thing when I read the article. What kind of "arborists" and evenironmental activists have that kind of money? Definitely something fishy with that story... but good for them to be able to defend themselves within their home. The bad guy got what he deserved.

On Andrew Wilkow today, he said that the police down there where thinking of filing excessive force charges against her for firing to rounds at the intruder. Absolutely ridiculous..!

Thinking of filing. What does that mean? I'll wait to get upset when they actually file charges and the whole story comes out.

Someone on another forum did some digging through public records and found some interesting info. Could be more to this than meets the eye.

"Robert Planthaber himself was charged with burglary back in 2005. He's also had several other charges such as DUI, reckless driving, home solicitation without license, disorderly conduct in business, battery, etc."

Seems shady to me. The couple seems to have the whole story ready to go. Talking about paying the pizza man with $100 bills and that he has been casing the house, etc. And who here has a wife who would open the door at 3:00am without waking you up? Not me.

Someone on another forum did some digging through public records and found some interesting info. Could be more to this than meets the eye.

"Robert Planthaber himself was charged with burglary back in 2005. He's also had several other charges such as DUI, reckless driving, home solicitation without license, disorderly conduct in business, battery, etc."

Seems shady to me. The couple seems to have the whole story ready to go. Talking about paying the pizza man with $100 bills and that he has been casing the house, etc. And who here has a wife who would open the door at 3:00am without waking you up? Not me.

Yep, there's a story there beyond some home invasion. If there was even a home invasion. Or just a 3:00 am "yo, come on over and party."

And who here has a wife who would open the door at 3:00am without waking you up? Not me.

Who would even let their wife go open the door to a random 3am knock. Not trying to be sexist or chauvinistic here, but if someone comes knocking in the middle of the night, I'm going to be answering the door.

Who would even let their wife go open the door to a random 3am knock. Not trying to be sexist or chauvinistic here, but if someone comes knocking in the middle of the night, I'm going to be answering the door, ARMED.

fixed that for you.