Krdshrk

Krdshrk's AR Build

Man oh man - BIG thanks to Brisco for helping out with the roll pin. Aaaand voila:

Complete.jpg

The complete list (There's a LOT of Magpul!):

Spikes Tactical Lower

Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Parts Kit

Mil-Spec Buffer Tube Assembly

Magpul MOE Stock (Pinned in position 4)

Magpul MOE Grip

Magpul MOE Trigger Guard

Magpul ASAP (Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point)

JSE Surplus Custom Upper (5.56):

Bull Dog 16" 1x7 Chrome Moly Barrel

Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5M2 Comp/Brake (Pinned)

JSE Surplus (Del-Ton) A4 Upper

Quad Rail Gas Block

Magpul MOE Handguard

Rock River Arms Bolt Carrier Assembly

Badger Gen 2 Tactical Latch

Optic is the Vortex SPARC

Not installed yet is the Magpul BAD (Battery Assist Device) Lever - upon BBK's suggestion that I get used to the rifle before installing it.

Looks really good, Nick. What are your thoughts on possible iron sights? It would seem like a bit of a pain as the gas block is not lined up with the rest of the upper, but I'm sure there are options. If you were using a scope of some sort, I'd say that its fine as it is. However, since you're running a 1X that runs off of batteries, I would say it would be smart to have BUIS.

And yea, glad you remembered my advice! The BAD lever will really make manipulating the rifle easier during malfunctions and whatnot, and it does not really develop any real bad habits. I just think you would benefit more if you became more accustomed to the rifle in its stock configuration before adding more to the mix (and you might find out that you prefer the rifle without the BAD! Though, doubtful ;)). I have noticed though, and read elsewhere, that BAD levers *can* get knocked off or somehow otherwise removed in some cases. It would be a bit awkward to be in that situation, and not know how to manipulate things.

I've been keeping my eye out for a good deal on a front gas block sight. I saw the Tru-Glo Fiber optic front site at SS today - it's not a flip one though. I think I'll go with a HK style front flip. Midwest Industries makes one.

Deni - The front gas block gets too hot and would melt a Magpul MBUIS. I'm considering it for the rear though.

You'll love the BAD lever. I have on on my AR (i'm a first timer also), and it works really well. Haven't had a malfunction yet where i needed to use it to lock the bolt to the rear, but using it to release the bolt is great.

I typically recommend the ARMS #71L set, runs $90 for the set, and is a great value.

In your case, if I remember correctly you will need to mount it to your forward railed gasblock, so you would need a metal set as the polymer may melt. Troy makes some nice ones. Unfortunately metal versions cost 2X the price or more of polymer versions.

Optic was good. Had some initial issues with it 'turning off' - which I figured out later on - it was inadvertently getting switched into NV mode (Night Vision) and so it was on, but the dot was invisible. After most of the people left yesterday, I had it on for a couple hours with no issue. 2x magnifier is nice, but it narrows down your field of view a bit.

I definitely need a metal low profile front gas block sight. Rear sight can be anything really.