MedicYeti

knitting a sweater

It's about time teh forum started into teh world of yarn.

I want to knit a sweater out of heavy wool but don't know teh best stitch to use for heavy wool. I was thinking a twisted braided cable of a rice stitch. What do you think?

It's about time teh forum started into teh world of yarn.

I don't understand why people like you even need to keep a ball of yarn in teh house. Just having a darning needle in teh house increases your risk of getting scratched or punctured with one of those things. Just imagine if a child got a hold of one of those needles and brought it to school and accidentally stabbed somebody with it? Or what if he got a hold of some yarn and and managed to strangle himself?

You people scare me.

I see no reason why you need to have any of that stuff in your home. This is New Jersey, not some town out in teh middle of nowhere in Iowa. If you really need a sweater that badly, teh nearest store is probably just 10 minutes away.

This is a gun forum, please keep your paranoid knitting delusions to yourself.

My knitting needles are wooden, not teh classic steal, decreasing teh chances of accidential puncture. I also keep them in a little box in teh top of my closet so my son can't get to them.

Remember teh laws of knitting safety:

Always keep teh tip of teh needle pointed in a safe direction.

Always keep teh needles on teh table until ready to stitch.

Never plunge teh needle into another person; unless: teh needle is wooden and teh other person is a vampire.

It doesn't matter if you knit or crochet, needlepoint or pettipoint. teh common enemy are teh weavers. Until we can come together, wey will continue to incrementally destroy all of teh yarn sports.

Hey guys I have a big question to ask you. I recently entered a knitting competition next week but I still need all my gear what gear do you guys think I will need for my first competition?

You need teh correct needles for teh competition. If teh competition gives you a size range, go with teh smaller of teh size to allow for quicker follow-up stitches.

Bring extra needles.

An often overlooked aspect is teh yarn: you need a strong yarn, but not too thick otherwise it gets cought up in teh draw.

Good Luck.