Sign in to follow this  

My volume of reloading won't deem that much powder so I'm good to go

you say that now :icon_twisted:

Edit: Vic you were right. New Jersey Statutes - Title 21 Explosives and Fireworks - 21:1A-133 Permits for manufacture, sale, storage, transportation or use of explosives

A. No permit shall be required for the storage, transportation or use of smokeless powder which is used by private persons for the hand loading of small arms ammunition and which is not for resale. For this purpose not more than 36 lbs. of smokeless powder and not more than 5 pounds of black powder shall be stored or transported without a permit.

So, if I go to a gun show in PA with a friend and each of us buys 20lbs of powder, when we cross the bridge, we're in violation of state law? :banghead:

God I hate this state...

And I am pretty sure there is a DOT reg on how many pounds of powder can be transported over a bridge to get into NJ. Not sure if it is a State or Federal Regulation though.

The only thing you could get in trouble with is a large amount of powder. I think you'd need something like 20lbs or so though.

This information is under the State fire codes, not sure if it's regulated any further at the local level. I couldn't find anything for my place of residence.....

Last time I checked, it was 25lbs of smokeless since it's a *propellent*, and 5lbs of black since it's an *explosive*.

I inherated large very large amounts of powder and at the time 2 years ago the only regs I could find were those on the transportation and when you need it in wooden crates according to the DOT. I hope this to be true because if nj has a 36lb limit i need to start selling it off

This information is under the State fire codes, not sure if it's regulated any further at the local level. I couldn't find anything for my place of residence.....

Last time I checked, it was 25lbs of smokeless since it's a *propellent*, and 5lbs of black since it's an *explosive*.

read my above post

• Like 1

OK to my question now is does the stockpile statuate apply to reloaded ammunition As I reload shotun and brass. Ive been out on workmans comp and I have reloaded 2500 rounds of 12gauge #8 for shooting skeet if i ever get released from comp. Do I need to stop reloading and let someone shoot some of this ammo??

There's no limit to how many guns you can own or how many rounds you can have for them, provided you don't run out of money.

This doesn't stop the media from demonizing anyone who has an arsenal consisting of a 22lr, a bolt action rifle, a pump shotgun and a pistol. They will be aghast at the hundreds of rounds of ammunition that you have stockpiled.

I believe the AP categorizes more than 1 gun to be an arsenal and more than one 50 round box of ammo to be a stockpile.

OK to my question now is does the stockpile statuate apply to reloaded ammunition As I reload shotun and brass. Ive been out on workmans comp and I have reloaded 2500 rounds of 12gauge #8 for shooting skeet if i ever get released from comp. Do I need to stop reloading and let someone shoot some of this ammo??

Nope, reloaded ammo doesnt count towards the 36lb limit.

In regards to the above comments, I've seen a 20 round box of .223 called a stockpile. :icon_rolleyes:

There are some people on this forum with some serious collections! I can't even begin to imagine the preposterous story of evil and malice the media would conjure up if they were given entrance to these collections. :icon_lol:

My volume of reloading won't deem that much powder so I'm good to go

Until you find an exceptionally good deal on a powder you use a lot. I'm still working off a stock of A2230 (for 5.56 and 7.62 NATO) I bought 7-8 years ago.

ught oh I'm more than half way to that limit. I better kick my reloading into top gear.

And I think Eric and I are going to Solomans when he gets back home, this could be dangerous YIKES

If partial containers label weight counted, I'de be at(not above) the limit. I guess I gotta reload more, too. lol

Nope, reloaded ammo doesnt count towards the 36lb limit.

In regards to the above comments, I've seen a 20 round box of .223 called a stockpile. :icon_rolleyes:

This..although there are some places where local fire codes specify the number of live primers that is permitted... TO INCLUDE Loaded ammunition (including rimfire). I've heard different numbers from different places, some as low as 10,000 (Few towns in Mass).