siderman

Saigas 922r compliant-NIB (not Arsenals)

Classic Arms is selling them 7.62x39 already converted for $499.Problem is they come with 30 rnd mags and if thats a counted part where does that leave us hi-cap crippled states? I'd like to see the parts that were swapped and what they put in and what mag options that leaves us.Cant seem to find any info on them, maybe a call to Classic but I dont think the operaters will know much.

IN B4 VLAD LAWL

Hey, if its purely just a pistol grip conversion and doesnt have the proper handguards, gas block, FSB, etc etc etc (all the hard parts) that the arsenal has you may as well just do it yourself. I cant see because its blocked at work, though

and if thats a counted part where does that leave us hi-cap crippled states?

It doesn't do anything. With the way 922 works, if you just take a part off, it will not HURT you. It's not a ratio game, it's a numbers game. Let's say originally the gun had 14 parts, believe that's the right number, and 5 of those parts are U.S. made.....making the gun compliant because it has 9 foreign made parts. Take the U.S. made pistol grip off, you now have 13 total parts and 4 U.S. made parts, still 9 foreign parts. Now you decide to switch from one U.S. made stock to another, and you take the stock off. You now have 12 parts total, 3 U.S. parts left, and still have 9 foreign made parts....making the gun 922R compliant. See where this is going? My point is, it doesn't matter if you take U.S. made parts off of a 922R compliant gun, what matters is if you put foreign parts on the gun.

Do you know what parts the gun was converted with? That's important. And I agree with Glenn, for the $500 you can do the simple work yourself and probably save a couple bucks and get the stock, pistol grip, and FCG that you want.

Hey Vic- so basically to be 922 good its needs 9 or less countable foreign parts? 0ne or 10 American parts, doesnt matter? of course the gun wont run with just the one domestic part but thats the idea?

Hey Vic- so basically to be 922 good its needs 9 or less countable foreign parts? 0ne or 10 American parts, doesnt matter? of course the gun wont run with just the one domestic part but thats the idea?

Did you read this thread? http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21787-saiga-conversion-information/

Read it now, so its 10 prts, 9 to be safe.

This. I was just throwing 9 out there. It's normally a good idea to get to 9 foreign parts at the most, possibly even 8 if you can help it. This way you are covered for several different scenarios. Let's say your buddy has a different stock you want to try out, or something breaks and you replace it for the time being with a foreign part, you can still maintain a functional and also legal firearm. If I remember (and am counting) correctly, my gun is at 10 foreign parts. One for the stock, three for the FCG. PG doesn't count as it wasn't initially on the gun. When I have the extra funds, I will be replacing the handguard with a U.S. made one to get myself down to 9.

PG doesn't count as it wasn't initially on the gun.

it is important to understand it DOES count.. but if it is a US part it cancels itself out..

14 countable parts..

+1 because a pistol grip IS a countable part..

15 total countable parts...

-1 US made pistol grip

14 countable parts...

but it is STILL counted..

as far as the guns available seems like a great price providing the work is not junk... I don't think I would personally build one for someone that cheap.. lol

but it is STILL counted..

I understand that, and understood that when I posted. What I was trying to convey is that using a U.S. made pistol grip won't drop the number of foreign parts on the gun, as it wasn't used to REPLACE a foreign part. I'm glad you cleared that up, as I definitely didn't phrase it correctly.

id consider selling mine if anyone's interested. 922r compliant-NIB! Assemblied but NEVER fired. Furniture is Russian Red! Looks sweet, im sure Vlad & PK will confirm. (unfort, im in a cast for next 2mo)

You're just in a cast, you didn't lose your arm. Don't give up on an awesome rifle just because you won't be able to use it for a little bit.

Arms and Ammo would you do the work / Sell them fully converted ?

I am sure there are people around who are competent enough to do the work for you for a few bucks.. might just want to ask around.. I do not think that he has any for sale that are already converted, but will wait to hear him chime in..