bbk

First MW3 Trailers are up

Link to 1Up's announcement/trailer

By "MW3" I'm of course referring to Activision's latest from their juggernaut Call of Duty sub-franchise. Like last year, regarding the first trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops, the trailer for MW3 was/is [to be] released during the NBA playoffs.

By now the Modern Warfare sub-franchise is pretty much known by almost everybody-- with MW2 having been one of the most, if not the most, successful (in terms of total money made from sales) pieces of entertainment ever (to include movies, books, etc).

Some teaser info was released about a 1-1.5 weeks ago, which featured the comm's signal line, and featured certain skylines with where the story is to be taken place. From what I heard, these teasers were released mostly because the all of the game's info was leaked out to a news source (who of course reported on it).

So, if you haven't already, click on the link above to check it out. Not being a COD fanboy, I'm not overly impressed as it doesn't look like a huge improvement from MW2. Of course this is the first game play shown (with hopefully more during the upcoming E3), so who knows what to really expect. Some of it does look pretty epic, but we'll see how this tri-studio game turns out.

I always look forward to the Call of Duty games.. the first Modern Warfare was awesome and brought something new and different to the table. All the subsequent releases have been ok.. some better than others... but not game changers (no pun intended) by any means. I imagine MW3 will be much of the same.. a pretty good game, but nothing that breaks any new ground aside from new locations and weapons.

Video crapped out twice, I will wait to watch the full one on youtube. Anyway, the MW games are some of the best games ever released. I just REALLY hope that they do some serious work with the multiplayer to iron out the kinks. Oh, and co-op campaign.

I don't know about this stuff, they look like fun but the last game I played was Odyssey (I think that was the name) but it was the same game but just different screens you taped to you 19" counsel TV...:)

Harry

Odessey by Magnavox, we had the shotgun accesory :)

I'm excited. The COD franchise has always provided truly epic gameplay, and if one can accept the fact that it's about as realistic as CC in NJ, it makes for an awesome time sink. Black Ops seemed to be missing something that MW2 had, I can't put my finger on it. Getting a kill in BO Multiplayer doesn't give the same minor adrenaline rush as in MW2. BO seemed too over-the-top, not in terms of realism, just in trying to top MW2 with explosions, chase scenes, etc. Hopefully MW3 can bring that magic back. Oh boy oh boy.

I hope that whatever's left of Infinity Ward did a decent job with this game. I'll get it regardless because I love the MW franchise if only for the toys I get to play with. I tend to burn out on the multiplayer quickly, as soon as the glitchers, lifers and outright cheaters start to take hold. Grenade spamming an entire spawn point means you have way too much time on your hands.

I happened to like Black Ops the best out of all the Treyarch COD games, but I still think that the Modern Warfare games have more potential....if they can work out those multiplayer matchmaking quirks.

I play my games on the PC (gf stepped on my ps3 with stiletto heels, a genuine accident although it sounds fishy I know), so Black Ops has been a glitchy/laggy mess for me. They've released multiple patches that help a bit, but it's still far from feeling polished.

I hope that whatever's left of Infinity Ward did a decent job with this game. I'll get it regardless because I love the MW franchise if only for the toys I get to play with. I tend to burn out on the multiplayer quickly, as soon as the glitchers, lifers and outright cheaters start to take hold. Grenade spamming an entire spawn point means you have way too much time on your hands.

Along with IW, Activision moved the studios Sledgehammer and Raven to work alongside. While its not confirmed, rumor has it that Sledgehammer did most of the heavy lifting on MW3. Raven, who is said to have worked on the multiplayer content for MW3, is known for their work with id software in the past. Sledgehammer is an Activision studio (not bought out), and were rumored to be working on the next game in the COD franchise (rumored to be some type of space shooter)-- but when IW fell apart, they were brought in to help prop up IW to wrap up the MW series.

So, I don't know how this game is going to turn out, The majority of the leads of most all the departments left in the fiasco, and now we have the B or even C team stepping up to wrap up this massive franchise. While it'll be a pre order for me, I have that seed of doubt.

Along with IW, Activision moved the studios Sledgehammer and Raven to work alongside. While its not confirmed, rumor has it that Sledgehammer did most of the heavy lifting on MW3. Raven, who is said to have worked on the multiplayer content for MW3, is known for their work with id software in the past. Sledgehammer is an Activision studio (not bought out), and were rumored to be working on the next game in the COD franchise (rumored to be some type of space shooter)-- but when IW fell apart, they were brought in to help prop up IW to wrap up the MW series.

So, I don't know how this game is going to turn out, The majority of the leads of most all the departments left in the fiasco, and now we have the B or even C team stepping up to wrap up this massive franchise. While it'll be a pre order for me, I have that seed of doubt.

As long as Kotick is in charge at Hacktivision I will have doubts about their games until reviewed by people I trust. I eagerly await Respawn's first game. I still have no idea how this game (MW3) is being published with the lawsuit still working its way through the courts.

I'm excited. The COD franchise has always provided truly epic gameplay, and if one can accept the fact that it's about as realistic as CC in NJ, it makes for an awesome time sink. Black Ops seemed to be missing something that MW2 had, I can't put my finger on it. Getting a kill in BO Multiplayer doesn't give the same minor adrenaline rush as in MW2. BO seemed too over-the-top, not in terms of realism, just in trying to top MW2 with explosions, chase scenes, etc. Hopefully MW3 can bring that magic back. Oh boy oh boy.

Headshots don't leave a nice splatter mark on the walls anymore.. :sarcastichand:

Infinity ward FTW.. the other developers arent as good such as treyarch and activision.

Unless infinity ward makes another one we will never see COD gameplay as good as MW and MW2, and they basically said they arent going to which makes me sad.

Whats left of IW is being held together by Sledgehammer which produced Dead Space. If you guys haven't played Dead Space, I suggest you do because its an awesome 3rd person game with great graphics and game play that scares the fecal matter out of you. With that said, they know how game play is meant to be. Raven games has come up with Multiplayer modes for various games, and has helped to develop the map packs for Black OPs. So chances are we're going to get EPIC single player and Co-Op game play, but then in MP we're going to get medium sized maps, made for campers, that go around in a big circle.

It'll be interesting to see how they incorporate the single player weapons and attachements to the MP game play. IMO there are going to be things that'll be way to over powered for its own good (XM-25 I'm looking at you....). But some things are going to be great, like the old style M4 from MW1, with Eotech and low magnification scope. They had Game play with Robert Bowling on G4 today, I nerded out and watched the entire segment.

One thing that I think would REALLY improve the Modern Warfare series would be loadout selection. I don't get why they DON'T have it, games from 10 years ago like Rainbow Six allowed loadout selection, I just don't understand why current games don't. I know it can be done, they just need to implement it.

meh I haven't really appreciated CoD since CoD2. Battlefield 3 is going to blow MW3 away. Maybe not with sales, way too many headstrong fanboys of CoD now, but as far as fun factor I think BF3 will be greater than MW3. Of course neither is out so I haven't played either yet so anything is possible, but going based on the assumption that MW3 won't change much and BF3 won't be dramatically different than other BF games including Bad Company 2, I know where my money is going. Theres Ghost Recon Future Soldier too, saw a cool demo today of the guy using kinect to get an explosion diagram of his gun, use voice commands to swap out different parts for different optimization, and put it all together and enter combat with it, definitely looked interesting.

Cool Gunsmith Thing from Future Soldier (skip to like 1:25)

Future Soldier Gameplay (Co-op)

Battlefiled 3 Gameplay (Bit of a boring mission to be watching instead of playing, but it shows how sick the game looks)

OH and as the Battlefield guys love to brag about, they have a new Battle Log System similar to the new service that CoD is getting, and while CoD is charging a monthly fee its free for Battlefield. So thats something to think about as well.

After playing BF:BC2 for months on end, my biggest complaint with that series is the lack of polish in the infantry combat. It's either ridiculously easy, or ridiculously frustrating. The matchmaking system is also a bit wonky and problematic, and the weapons customization was to be desired.

I'll def get MW3, and possibly BF3... If BF3 has a decent Air-to-air combat system.

After playing BF:BC2 for months on end, my biggest complaint with that series is the lack of polish in the infantry combat. It's either ridiculously easy, or ridiculously frustrating. The matchmaking system is also a bit wonky and problematic, and the weapons customization was to be desired.

I'll def get MW3, and possibly BF3... If BF3 has a decent Air-to-air combat system.

You can def. bet on BF3 having air to air combat, all of there series have a huge focus on air and ground vehicles. Anything from f-16's f-18's to Apaches and a-10's. I liked how they had huey's and black hawks too.

Weapons customizations... not so much, they like to keep the classes organized so you need to rank up to upgrade the classes. They keep a pretty even balance with the ground troops.

Wavecaster, what's this battle log system you're talking about?

Your stats and videos for in game play... COD used to be free, but they are now charging for it, i believe it is called cod elite. I'm not sure how it will work if you decide not to pay for it. All i know is, its freaking lame!! i have spent about 90 bucks on black ops, game+ add on's and they still want more money! they already charge 10 bucks more then other compaines for map packs, i think if it really ends up being a big deal i may not even get the new COD because of this. It kinda pisses me off too, COD fans are very loyal, and we get nothing in return but over priced game add on's. Add the fact they get to run there system on xbox live which we already pay for... I could possible see them wanting to do this on PS3 where the service is free, but cmon, were looking at over 200 bucks just to play a freaking game for a year. game + live + cod elite + wtv map packs come out.

FORGET MW3, have you seen the trailer for Assassins Creed Revelations??? BEST. TRAILER. EVER.

Not to be a negative nelly, but a good trailer doesn't mean good gameplay. Yea the trailer looks great, but I haven't played any Assassins Creed games since the first one, which was incredibly repetitive.

I'm super pumped for the new Assassin's Creed. The gameplay looked pretty solid too. But I'm a long time Assassin's Creed fan, and would buy pretty much anything AC-related, haha.

The new Tombraider looks pretty good-- the CGI trailer is actually quite epic. Far Cry 3 also looks really good as well.

I still think game of the show @ E3 so far has to be between Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3.

Wavecaster, what's this battle log system you're talking about?

i have need for speed hot pursuit and its got an AutoLog, i imagine it will be similar, tracks stats, lets you compare yourself to your friends, see if they are online, group up to play together all that kinda cool stuff

Not to be a negative nelly, but a good trailer doesn't mean good gameplay. Yea the trailer looks great, but I haven't played any Assassins Creed games since the first one, which was incredibly repetitive.

youre missing out. AC1 was interesting and a good start but it wasn't the best game ever, with AC2 and Brotherhood though, it's become one of my favorite series out there. AC1 was pickpocket, save a civillian, punch someone, then do mission, AC2 and brotherhood have a lot more variety and substance. and most importantly the story is insanely good.

I still think game of the show @ E3 so far has to be between Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3.

SKYRIM!! though that isn't gun related so it's not gonna be the favorite on here I'm sure but omg I <3 it I can't wait.

also for the joke of it, the new Tomb Raider is being called Unchartit, because it's uncharted with tits. given tomb raider was around way before, i didnt come up with the nickname, but its funny regardless.

Haha, yea, but the new Tombraider (which apparently will be showcased AGAIN NEXT YEAR, haha) I think really is going to give Mr. Nathan Drake a run for his money... man, the gameplay footage was unreal. I seriously thought I was watching a CGI trailer until I saw the interaction indicator (to wiggle the right stick or whatever)-- and I'm not one to get confused about this sort of stuff.

But yea, I have [super] high hopes for Skyrim. Its also the reason why I put "so far" in my initial post, haha. Whenever Bethesda does show it in the next few days, I think its going to be some epic gameplay footage considering the release date is around the corner. And I agree, it'll probably be game of the show.

Haha, yea, but the new Tombraider (which apparently will be showcased AGAIN NEXT YEAR, haha) I think really is going to give Mr. Nathan Drake a run for his money... man, the gameplay footage was unreal. I seriously thought I was watching a CGI trailer until I saw the interaction indicator (to wiggle the right stick or whatever)-- and I'm not one to get confused about this sort of stuff.

But yea, I have [super] high hopes for Skyrim. Its also the reason why I put "so far" in my initial post, haha. Whenever Bethesda does show it in the next few days, I think its going to be some epic gameplay footage considering the release date is around the corner. And I agree, it'll probably be game of the show.

yea they didnt have anything at any of the conferences but they showed some stuff off to other sites. The Dragons are so badass. They look challenging and they are completely random.

Skyrim Gameplay

Also, who else is angry about Brothers In Arms? Hell's Highway was a nice tactical WWII game that really paid respect and now the newest one is Inglorious Basterds.. *sigh* might be fun anyway but it feels like such an insult. Far Cry 3 also looked worth renting.

Your stats and videos for in game play... COD used to be free, but they are now charging for it, i believe it is called cod elite. I'm not sure how it will work if you decide not to pay for it. All i know is, its freaking lame!! i have spent about 90 bucks on black ops, game+ add on's and they still want more money! they already charge 10 bucks more then other compaines for map packs, i think if it really ends up being a big deal i may not even get the new COD because of this. It kinda pisses me off too, COD fans are very loyal, and we get nothing in return but over priced game add on's. Add the fact they get to run there system on xbox live which we already pay for... I could possible see them wanting to do this on PS3 where the service is free, but cmon, were looking at over 200 bucks just to play a freaking game for a year. game + live + cod elite + wtv map packs come out.

I actually was just talking about this on a podcast im involved in (www.g33kwatch.com). COD: Elite is a paid service targeted at the hardcore COD players. It give you access to all the map packs (which you'll have anyway at this point), stat tracking and a form of social networking targeted solely at COD players. On top of that, they'll have monthly or even weekly tournaments. It's beneficial in the fact that the monthly fee, which is looking to be less than $8/month, is essentially a buy in cost for these tourneys. They're also touting crap stuff like avatar items and custom in game items. If you choose not to pay, then everything continues as normal, you get the same experience.

Also, who else is angry about Brothers In Arms? Hell's Highway was a nice tactical WWII game that really paid respect and now the newest one is Inglorious Basterds.. *sigh* might be fun anyway but it feels like such an insult. Far Cry 3 also looked worth renting.

BIA: FF is supposedly just a mini release and there's going to be another one soon after that goes back to a real Brothers in Arms game.

youre missing out. AC1 was interesting and a good start but it wasn't the best game ever, with AC2 and Brotherhood though, it's become one of my favorite series out there. AC1 was pickpocket, save a civillian, punch someone, then do mission, AC2 and brotherhood have a lot more variety and substance. and most importantly the story is insanely good.

I enjoyed the CONCEPT of the original Assassins Creed, but just felt like the gameplay was too repetitive. That ruined the series for me, and led to me not giving the rest a chance when they came out. Now that the other two are out and relatively cheap, I will definitely give them a try sometime soon. I do keep hearing that they are great games.

I actually was just talking about this on a podcast im involved in (www.g33kwatch.com). COD: Elite is a paid service targeted at the hardcore COD players. It give you access to all the map packs (which you'll have anyway at this point), stat tracking and a form of social networking targeted solely at COD players. On top of that, they'll have monthly or even weekly tournaments. It's beneficial in the fact that the monthly fee, which is looking to be less than $8/month, is essentially a buy in cost for these tourneys. They're also touting crap stuff like avatar items and custom in game items. If you choose not to pay, then everything continues as normal, you get the same experience.

BIA: FF is supposedly just a mini release and there's going to be another one soon after that goes back to a real Brothers in Arms game.

My only complaint is the price point. that's still more money then it costs for live. I dont play tournaments so hopefully if i don't buy into this everything will be as it has been. Thats another thing, i have no issue buying something i will use, but i dont care about half the stuff that comes with it.... i'll take the stats and maps but everything else is useless to me. I hope they have a middle ground here where there is place for people who play cod a lot but are not "hardcore".