HuntingPaper

USPSA Match @ Shongum Saturday 06/04/11

I have been in contact with Ron Guman regarding the 50-round stage. There will be a 16-round stage next to it. Half the 16-round stage squad will help tape the 50-round stage. This should help speed things up. Actual shooting time will be minimally different. A 36-round stage only takes about 50 seconds to shoot. The 50-round stage can't be more than 20 seconds longer. As long as everyone helps out, the 50-round stage will not be a problem. The stage will be a challenge in endurance and concentration.

Endurance and Concentration? Ie... 50 round memory stage?

It seems like everyone is making a big deal over nothing.

What if the MD did not give out any info on the stages, just a total round count?

What if you showed up to the match expecting 50 shooters and find that there are 75 at the match?

The stages are what they are. If you don't like them, step up and design and build your own stage and have everyone tear them to shreds before it is even shot.

Whether your squad is the fastest or the slowest, everyone gets done around the same time.

I give thanks to all the stage designers and builders, because without them there would be no match.

Regardless I will be there, hope to see you all as well.

• Like 4

It seems like everyone is making a big deal over nothing.

What if the MD did not give out any info on the stages, just a total round count?

What if you showed up to the match expecting 50 shooters and find that there are 75 at the match?

The stages are what they are. If you don't like them, step up and design and build your own stage and have everyone tear them to shreds before it is even shot.

Whether your squad is the fastest or the slowest, everyone gets done around the same time.

I give thanks to all the stage designers and builders, because without them there would be no match.

+1

Speaking of which, the match staff went above and beyond this weekend. Ron, Ralph, Ed Krupski, Mike Slack assembled and fit-up the new trailer. It took all day but it should make setting up much easier. It would be good if they received some recognition for their hard work.

if anyone needs glock 9mm or of 1911 45acp mags let me know I can bring some.

Rifle stage should be fun. Glad I was able to sight my new rifle in today.

Wait what new rifle??????????????????????????????????????????

Speaking of which, the match staff went above and beyond this weekend. Ron, Ralph, Ed Krupski, Mike Slack assembled and fit-up the new trailer. It took all day but it should make setting up much easier. It would be good if they received some recognition for their hard work.

Free lapdances to all!

if anyone needs glock 9mm or of 1911 45acp mags let me know I can bring some.

Rifle stage should be fun. Glad I was able to sight my new rifle in today.

Wait what new rifle??????????????????????????????????????????

Yes....what new rifle?????

Are you kidding me? Use a .223 bullet tip, it is exactly the right size, by design.

As was made aware to me by voodoodaddy, Vlad, and Luis yes I am aware that you can use a bullet to adjust the sight.

Thanks for nothing.

Dicks.

Just Kidding.

Yea I'm glad Luis cleared this up for me, I was all ready to go on Sunday. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, stupid work for not checking when USPSA matches are, and scheduling me.

There's always the steel match at Central Jersey tomo

Just came back after a great day at Shongum. The 50 round was great with my revolver :) felt like a real cowboy and that same stage was the Rifle stage, nothing beats run and gun with an AR.

Great company too: Ronny, Billy, Martin, Gerry, Aaron and Maks in my squad and some new faces. Can't waif for the next Shongum match. I'll pos some videos of my sucking big time with my revolver.

• Like 1

Luis... but the stage took so long. Between 30 seconds up to 60. And all those lazy people who did not help tape. :icon_rolleyes: Jk.

This went very very smoothly. Great squad, great folks. Great match. A stage like this would not be practical at the other area clubs, but worked quite well the way shongum is setup.

+1 to the great people at wally world who gave me the power to see again with prescription sunglasses. Vlad, thanks for giving me the idea last month at CJ. Got some Rx Raybans with the health insurance discount with transition lenses.

Here's a video of me shooting my revolver. It was a lot of fon but I need to check the wheelie since some hits the firing pin was hitting off center... any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ApuHdhE7KA&feature=player_embedded

I need to check the wheelie since some hits the firing pin was hitting off center... any ideas?

Sounds like over rotation due to a slight timing problem.

Can you cock your revolver like a single action? If so, cock it, and check the tightness of each chamber. You should not be able to rock the cylinder when it's cocked. If there is any play, check the bolt notches on the cylinder and check the bolt.

Sounds like over rotation due to a slight timing problem.

Can you cock your revolver like a single action? If so, cock it, and check the tightness of each chamber. You should not be able to rock the cylinder when it's cocked. If there is any play, check the bolt notches on the cylinder and check the bolt.

Just did that and the six chambers seemed locked in the single action position.

Just did that and the six chambers seemed locked in the single action position.

How to does the bolt, bolt notches on the cylinder, hand, and firing pin look? deformed in any manner?

While I am not a gunsmith, these are the steps I've taken myself to examine my own revolvers.