Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Oddities

Our own Fishpaw's Oddities program is featured on MSN's home page today. There are 5 topics that rotate, at the top of the page - Oddities is number 5. I watched the Memorial Day marathon and found it fascinating - kind of an Antiques Roadshow meets Boris Karloff. Some of their customers are rather eccentric to say the least. Hats off to Fishpaw.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I looked into buying a slightly lower quality skull from the bone room some years back.. but someone told me that NJ has laws in place that address things like "improper handling of human remains" or something.. any idea what laws address "body parts" are things that are older generally more exempt? any info would be appreciated..

Improper handling is more about digging up a body...or Santeria....or people that work in the funeral biz or medical waste handlers.....All the bones we sell are medical preparations that come from schools, Doctor's offices, teaching hospitals and places like that. They are all legal to own......In addition, you cannot buy/sell American Indian remains.....and we dont do that either......We are very careful about this stuff...if a skull looks a bit off or suspicious ...Ill just pass on it,,,,its not worth the trouble...

I remember when I originally saw a brief commercial for the show I was like wtf? and blew it off. However, a week or two ago I caught an episode during an Oddities marathon and I literally spent the entire day watching each episode back to back. Turns out it's a super interesting show with awesome pieces and very interesting customers. I even developed a crush on Laura Flook during the marathon. She is so bizarrely interesting I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Even my girlfriend ended up loving the show and she signed us up to be members with batcon.org based off a passing mention from Evan. Congrats on a great show and I wish you continued success.

P.S. Is it me or does Mike sound remarkably like Seth Rogan?