Cemeterys Gun Blob

Cash for Clunkers Program coming in Jersey City

Jersey City is slowly gaining steam for it's cash for clunkers program. Could be a good time for some late spring, early summer cleaning.....

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/06/jersey_city_weapons-buyback_in.html

Sad thing is, their asking local residents to fork the money over.

Ooooo, less guns in homes, that should make for an easy summer for some criminals in the area. :icon_rolleyes:

Would really like to see when the summer is over what the crime stats really are compared to last year, or from the 2004 to 2005 when they did this the last time.

Harry

The comment made by "BantheNRA" made me absolutely cringe. He said the government should seize all weapons..... Sound familiar? Nazi germany anyone?

That's the #1 douchebag of all time Brian Miller. He thinks guns should be banned and men should walk around with #@^&%$ in their &%$#s.

Guest schutzen-jager

awhile back when newark had it's buyback a fellow from pa. was buying saturday nite specials for $25.00 to $30.00 + turning them in for $100.00 each -

Guest schutzen-jager

PS - how can it be a buyback if jersey city never owned them ?

I have a couple of real junker that I would love to get some cash for.

Do they give you a record of the s/n that you surrender? I have an old single shot Hopper that I bought when I was 18 and it is registered to me and if I get rid of it, I want some sort of tracking paper work.

Just wondering why turn your legally owned guns in here and not sell them? What firearms would you guys be bringing? Not worth selling them individually? Really curious as me not having a ton of firearms wonders why not sell them for the same price to someone who may get done use of them?

• Like 1

Just wondering why turn your legally owned guns in here and not sell them? What firearms would you guys be bringing? Not worth selling them individually? Really curious as me not having a ton of firearms wonders why not sell them for the same price to someone who may get done use of them?

I was wondering the same thing?

Let's start the bidding on a 12 gauge, rusted single shot, cut stock shotgun that you can't get a new barrel for. The original price was around $60 IIRC back in 1981. If they are going to give me a $100, I'd say that is a good deal. Or a rusty single shot 22lr pistol that I can't identify that my father found in a basement during a remodel. The barrel is rusted closed and actually has a bow to it, no wood or markings...$100 sounds good to me for it.

Let's start the bidding on a 12 gauge, rusted single shot, cut stock shotgun that you can't get a new barrel for. The original price was around $60 IIRC back in 1981. If they are going to give me a $100, I'd say that is a good deal. Or a rusty single shot 22lr pistol that I can't identify that my father found in a basement during a remodel. The barrel is rusted closed and actually has a bow to it, no wood or markings...$100 sounds good to me for it.

I gotta single shot, chopped up (to legal lengths) H&R 20 gauge that can fund my AR.

I was wondering the same thing?

Because my $57 Saturday Night special that I bought 6 months ago as a joke will only get me $57 (at best) on the open market. But, Jersey City is stupid enough to give me $100+ for it. You do the math.

Walmart in PA

They aint cheap. You can buy a gun for what they charge nowadays. Albeit a used and lesser gun. I just spent well over $50 on a Daisy 760 for a friend's kid. And that aint no high class airgun.

I want to see the terms on this. I would drive in and dump 500 pounds of junk on their table. I doubt they would bite, though.

I whole heartedly encourage gaming the system. After all, as someone pointed out, IF any criminals sell their guns, it'll only be broken, or old ones, or ones that don't shoot since they never cleaned them, and they'll only use the money for another gun.

Oh, and I must say, it was refreshing to see a liberal get put down, and asked to provide facts. He just parroted rhetoric the whole time. It brought a smile to my day. :D

If the religious and community leaders started encouraging people to empower themselves by legally owning guns to protect their homes, and to start lobbying for relaxed carry laws and stricter punishment for gun crimes, instead of convincing everyone except the predators that guns are bad and lead to a spiral of violence we may start to see the crime rates drop in the areas where people who would most benefit from being able to defend themselves live.

I suppose that's why they call them their "flocks".

• Like 2