ajtesq

Ciener .22lr conversion kits

I found a .22lr conversion kit for the beretta 92 from Ciener. Has anyone here tried this particular one, or ones for other guns such as the 1911? I need a lot of practice, and a .22 conversion seems like a great economical way to do it.

Thanks

I found a .22lr conversion kit for the beretta 92 from Ciener. Has anyone here tried this particular one, or ones for other guns such as the 1911? I need a lot of practice, and a .22 conversion seems like a great economical way to do it.

Thanks

I have that model with 2 fifteen rounds mags. Works well, just leaves the frame kinda dirty from the .22's which shoot dirty

That was what I thought when I brought a 1911 .22 conversion and was hoping it is going to help my skill. It is cheap to shoot but it helped very little. I can shoot very tight group with .22 from very begining but still not seen much of improvement with .45 after went through thousands of .22. For some people it may help. But now if I want improve my 1911 skill, I shoot .45. Another thing is that these .22 conversion kits got ftf a lot depends on ammo.

The kits are apparently good, with the exception of the glock ones.

However, and this is a big one... there is no support from John. When a few of us met him at Shot Show, he acted like a douchebag. google him and you will read the horror stories.

That was what I thought when I brought a 1911 .22 conversion and was hoping it is going to help my skill. It is cheap to shoot but it helped very little. I can shoot very tight group with .22 from very begining but still not seen much of improvement with .45 after went through thousands of .22. For some people it may help. But now if I want improve my 1911 skill, I shoot .45. Another thing is that these .22 conversion kits got ftf a lot depends on ammo.

Interesting response, because that's been my impression of what could happen. I've consider obtaining a .22 conversion kit,

as I understand that one could practice a lot more with cheaper ammo; but I've wondered if that practice translates to better shooting with larger calibers, as there is no need to manage recoil with them, which would seem to be a big factor in accurate shooting with the major calibers.

How loud is an airsoft gun. ie Can i get in trouble shooting it in my basement :)

You will be the only one can hear it if you don't need hearing aid. YouTube has a lot video ppl playing airsoft games and shooting at each other in their back yard while waring face protections. In that sense, it is better than .22 because you can practice the real fight.

I had one for an AR-15. Package was professional. On the actual unit, the welds were sloppy and it looked like a home-made project. I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it wouldn't seat in the upper - I checked it with my micrometer and rails were crooked. Since I bought it through a retailer, not from Ciener, so I returned it without ever firing a shot.

My experience was negative, thought I do give credit to Fulton Armory, who refunded my money, no questions asked.

My understanding is, if you get a good one, they're great. If you get a good one.

The kits are apparently good, with the exception of the glock ones.

However, and this is a big one... there is no support from John. When a few of us met him at Shot Show, he acted like a douchebag. google him and you will read the horror stories.

That's only because he IS a douchebag. Avoid him at all costs. Unless he puts that 5.56mm M16 belt fed upper back into production. It's very strange that nobody has picked those back up, and Ares did an entirely new design, even though Ceiner's existing uppers from decades ago seem to work. Gotta be some issue with them I am missing.

I have the Advantage Arms kit for my Glock and it works great.

It sucked out of the box. I sent it back, and it worked when I got it back. As far as rimfire conversions go, that's good enough for me. I have a buddy that likes his and the serious gun owners seem to like them as well.

I have one for my 1911 and i love it. 3k rounds through it and no problems other than it needs to cleaned once or twice during a full day of shooting. Even got my scared of all guns wife to get into shooting the 1911 with the conversion kit.

I saw John Ceiner at Knob Creek. He is one weird guy. Very unfriendly toward everyone. Surprise he is still in business.

I had one of his conversion kits for the AR and it worked flawless.

There are a LOT of Adjectives that have been used to describe John Ceiner..very few if any have ever been favorable that I've heard. He stayed in business because of his Supressors. The conversions have always been a side thing with him..but he was also the ONLY game in town, other than surplus military units, till his patents expired. I know of a bunch of people that have had issues with both quality control, and just trying to get parts. His answer to Everything is "F%$K You Buy another one". If you ask him a question, you are treated to a profanity-laced tirade, and if you criticize his products in public or print he sics his Attorney Brother-in-law on you. the absolute worst is people who would pre-pay for a kit, and wait months if nor YEARS meanwhile seeing kits in brownells, CTD or other places always in stock.