david8613

hidden drawers and compartments for weapons?

I've always wanted to make a hiding spot for something. They seem really easy to make out of preexisting holes (door jambs, dead space in the walls, underneath cabinets etc), something to think about if you worry about having a gun in every room that's concealed in case of home invasion.

IDK why, but I've always been fascinated with hiding spots and secret passages, so making something like that would be a fun time.

I think that is awesome. I have an "in the wall" safe which makes use of the dead space between wall studs. I have it mounted inside a closet so it would be easy to miss by someone snooping. The key is hidden close by but easily accessable. Most thieves don't spend the day in the house they are robbing, it's a get in/get out mentality. With that in mind I don't expect my belongings to be impossible to find/access (I'd be foolish to expect that) I just want my stuff to be hard and involved. If a thief finds the key to the safe, good for him, it'll take a while to find the safe.

Then he has to get past the poison darts.

i have seen one of those but with a biometric key lock, i wonder how reliable are those biometric systems nowadays.

They work! i use one to punch in and out at work and it is very consistent unless your hands are sweaty. When you program them you need to make sure u get a near perfect reading. They work based on a percentage read, if your within the limit it will accept the scan, so a poor initial scan will result in a low score all the time.

The only thing that would make this cooler is if the other drawer opened with more guns!

What do I think of this? I think he showed all of youtube that the current keycode is 1-1-1-1-1-9. That is if the buttons are situated in a standard sequence. If not, it's the top left button 5 times, bottom right button once.

I hope that was the generic code, and he changed if after posting the video. I also hope there's steel on all sides of that, otherwise all someone needs is a hand saw to get in.

What do I think of this? I think he showed all of youtube that the current keycode is 1-1-1-1-1-9. That is if the buttons are situated in a standard sequence. If not, it's the top left button 5 times, bottom right button once.

I hope that was the generic code, and he changed if after posting the video. I also hope there's steel on all sides of that, otherwise all someone needs is a hand saw to get in.

He clearly set the code to something standard for the video.

I doubt there is steel around. The point of it is that you don't know it is there. So sure, it probably wouldn't take much to break into...if you know it is there. But then again, if you know it is there it defeats the purpose of it. I fail to see how you could have missed that point...

the only thing i would have done different is i would have a trigger for the compartment containing the keypad, someone robbing your tv might stumble on that easy and flip down the door, and see the key pad and realize there something more valuable in here.

i just saw this kind of cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/RD400-DocuGem-Diversion-Refrigerator-Home-Safe-Keypad-/120649201685

I fail to see how you could have missed that point...

I didn't miss any point, the entire thing is just stupid. First of all, it's EXTREMELY James Bond'ish. Is it cool? Hell yea. Is it practical? I really don't think so. As stated above, your average burglar who is trying to steal your TV will come across the keypad, and realize something valuable is in there. Also, you kind of give away your element of surprise when you're broadcasting it on the internet.

From a little bit of searching, I've found out this guy is a Sheriff's Deputy in L.A. County, CA. I'm sure that with a little more searching through public records, someone could find out more information about this guy.

Edit: He's 33.