matt6669

CR/ANJRPC - Disappointment after Disappointment

In a time when we would like to believe that cronyism, political corruption, flawed morals, and flawed leadership only happens to the people that are fighting the fight against us it seems that thought process would lead you to la la land.

Over the past few years that I've been a member at Cherry Ridge and thus a member of ANJRPC I've had the "pleasure" of shooting on membership Sundays. And by "pleasure" I mean anything but happiness. It's amazing that for the past 3 years, every month on membership Sunday the clubhouse is packed. Standing room only people. It's gotten to the point that the RO's are being told to turn people away at the gate if they get there late because there is no room for them.

Now on one hand you'd think this is fantastic and that this is a step in the right direction getting more people into the sport/hobby of shooting. Now while I agree this is a fantastic thing to happen it leads me to a few problems.

The first problem I have is with any increased number of members would lead to at least a slightly increase in members that would use the range. More people using the ranges equals a higher chance of an accident. So the wise thing to do would be to increase RO appearance. But what does CR/ANJRPC do, they decrease the hours that they give to the RO's stating financial reasons. Right I'm sure that's the exact reason.

Second problem I have is more members using the range means a higher wear and tear on the entire property. Now I have actually seen some improvements going on and they sent out this lovely letter that says that improvements are also coming in the future but we as members get the littlest blip of information. It's as if your not on the board you don't have a clue whats going on with your membership dues.

Next, lets talk about a large sum of our funds being spent. It has come to my attention that the board at ANJRPC passed a motion to a payroll for our beloved Scott Bach to the sum of $150,000.00 a year. Yes you read that right, 150k dollars a year. Now to my knowledge being President of ANJRPC is a part time position and while he may put in countless hours of work I believe that sum of money is ridiculous. CR/ANJRPC scoffs at any attempt to further improve the range, giving more hours to the RO's to provide a safer environment, nor does it seem when an idea as simple as bringing vending machines to the property to increase revenue anything gets accomplished. All I hear about is this person will do it because it turns out this person is related to someone that owns a vending machine company yet here we are still without vending machines. Or an idea of lets take X amount of dollars to do fund raisers sent out by mail to all of our members. Here we have documentation that this type of idea works and we will bring in more money than we spend. This doesn't get accomplished either because it falls on deaf ears.

What I am trying to get at is the same crap we are getting fed by our president and other leaders are the same crap we are being fed by the people who are "supposedly" on our side. I urge everyone to send a simple email saying your tired of the same closed door sessions that our congress is pulling on us and that you'd like to see things like a major improvement at our range and a bigger RO presence as well. Also you'd like to see meetings posted either through an email blast or on the website so that if you wanted to you could attend the meetings to see whats going on behind said closed doors.

There are so many other wrong doings going on over there that I could go on forever but what's the point when we already know everything is screwed up.

A highly disappointed member!

M

well im glad i just wasted $200 on a place that seems to be poorly run..Im not a click type guy and just from being on these forums i see a lot of clicks. So i can only imagine that it will be more of the same at CR.

As far as not knowing where my money is going,or even having the option of knowing, yep i have a problem with that. Historically people who hold positions of any authority generally try to keep the common people out.

Just like Washington DC. I need 150k part time job if anyone is hiring. I dont see why that range cant be one of the best in NJ. Seems it has a good membership roster. For only being there to check it out ,i saw some things that could use improvement . But I havent even been to the Sunday orientation yet. Im just becoming seriously disappointed before i even get out of the gate. fanfriggingtastic!

I dont imagine i can get my money back?

Listen for the cost its a great deal for what you get in my opinion.

However if shady stuff is happening that is taking awat from making it better that's a problem don't getsiscouraged its still pretty awesome. No place or entity can be perfect everything could use a certain degree of fixing

I was a member there nearly 12 years ago. However, I let my membership expire after my father and I took my mother shooting on the handgun range and we had a RO tear up in his pickup truck and chew us out for having a taget stand at maybe 7-10 yards. He said the minimum was 15 or 25. Something ridiculous. After that, forget it.

I would like to hear the explanation. If Scott is getting paid $150k to drop his practice and work full time for ANJRPC as ANJRPC's attorney to take the fight to a new level, that could be great news. $150k for an attorney for an entire year is a bargain, and much of it could be recovered when awarded attorneys fees. Scott might be sacrificing his business for this. Let's not jump to conclusions until we hear both sides of the story.

• Like 1

I was a member there nearly 12 years ago. However, I let my membership expire after my father and I took my mother shooting on the handgun range and we had a RO tear up in his pickup truck and chew us out for having a taget stand at maybe 7-10 yards. He said the minimum was 15 or 25. Something ridiculous. After that, forget it.

A lot of the old time ROs were crabby Fs. Things are somewhat better now. When I joined in 1990 the rifle ranges were single shot only and the codgers would cringe at the sight of an AR. If you fired more than 3 shots an hour the the old man social network, that would hang out there everyday, would lecture you on how your heating up the barrel to much and you're going to ruin your rifle. Now, it's impossible to go there and not see ARs and AKs blapping away.

maybe I'll have to give it another try. But to be honest, another thing that turned me off was every other day it seemed like one of the ranges was closed due to something: Police quals/training, 2x4's, seemed like it was always something. Maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe it was bad luck, but it seemed like every weekend I went up there, the range I wanted to use was closed due to some event.

maybe I'll have to give it another try. But to be honest, another thing that turned me off was every other day it seemed like one of the ranges was closed due to something: Police quals/training, 2x4's, seemed like it was always something. Maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe it was bad luck, but it seemed like every weekend I went up there, the range I wanted to use was closed due to some event.

I ended up waiting an hour to setup my target a couple weekends ago due to a 100yd match - my bad for not checking the calendar though.

Also, I renewed my membership in February and still haven't received my new cards yet. Not a big deal since nobody has ever checked my tag.

It'd be super if they could setup some electronic target movers for the handgun range, though I won't get my hopes up for that.

Also, it sucks that they change targets on the same cycle at the pistol & rifle ranges - If you're finished at the pistol range, you basically have to wait 30 minutes to switch your target to the rifle range (unless you're really fast or lucky). Not the end of the world, but maybe keep the 30 minute intervals, but make pistols on the hour/half-hour and rifle on the 15/45? Perhaps that's asking too much :\

I haven't met a crabby RO there yet; Bullet Hole's RO's are crabbier, IMHO.

Vending machines? - Yes please.

I wonder how many members there are? They're adding maybe 100 per month? If we assume the least, $190 for a single person, that's 19k per month (or 228k per year). That doesn't include the existing members, though, which likely accounts for a lot more than 228k. Even after taking out the 150k for our fearless leader, and accouting for RO's, there should be a surplus of cash for upgrades, I'd think.

Regardless, as I'm a NJ resident, I'm just happy to have a place to shoot that's relatively close.

Can't wait to move to AZ... one of these days...

I would like to hear the explanation. If Scott is getting paid $150k to drop his practice and work full time for ANJRPC as ANJRPC's attorney to take the fight to a new level, that could be great news. $150k for an attorney for an entire year is a bargain, and much of it could be recovered when awarded attorneys fees. Scott might be sacrificing his business for this. Let's not jump to conclusions until we hear both sides of the story.

Excellent point! As far as RO's sometimes an extra one is needed but the ranges SHOULD BE self policing.

To the Cry Baby Boys and you know who you are. Go to meetings and be constructive.

I doubt SB is giving up his practice for a 150k dollar salary I mean it's possible and I've definitely been wrong before but I just don't see it happening.

I am in the process of trying to find out when the meetings are and if we are actually allowed to attend. As far as I'm aware the meetings are closed door meetings but we'll see when we get an actual response. I'm trying to get this information back channel because I don't really feel like messaging SB at the moment.

The sad part is the range is good and the RO's are fantastic, but the range could be awesome maybe not as awesome as CJRPC but it could be up there. But unfortunately they are using the money from the range and using all of it to fund ANJRPC to fight legal battles that they continue to lose.

I would write more but I'm deadly dog sick and I'm going to go lay down.

M

the idea of vending machines is a good one.there isnt even a soda machine there anymore.the ro's now there are nice guys but tend to hide all day.they dont bust ballz like in the past....there are issues though.like with the range only open for fifty caliber and similiar only on special thursdays only......like only when its raining or 30 degrees out is more like it.whats that all about?it used to open for anything shoulder fired any time,as long as is state legal.and its not because of fire hazards....they have a watering system and better berms now....even though they still dont clean up the backstop area of brush.....its because of the good ol boy attitude that doesnt like fifties.......read rodger billington on the board...if it wasnt for john healy they probally wouldnt be allowd there....thanks for the help there john.if there was another place to go ............just thinkin..there are usually a good bunch at cr but sometimes a bloke appears and has to be watched.the skeets availability is a plus there that wasnt there years ago.hope they would expand on things like that there.

I would love electric target changers at the PR. And stacked target changes at PR and RR are a great idea. I would also love a use it or lose it rule at the rifle range on prime times. I've come and gone at the range and have seen a group of guys sucking up valuable spaces just chewing the fat.

I have a teaching fellowship in Israel. I'll be teaching English for at least 10 months. It's not a vacation granted its not military but its not like I'm asking for 3 months cuz I am at a lake/shore house.

Also with all the bs with 150 k part timer and the volume of membership its not like its an unfair request I paid for a year and will only get to use for 6 months I was not aware I would be out of country when I signed up.

There response to this will question my decision and may have me look elsewhere.

If they don't let me suspend at least honor my renewAL price whenever I return not make it full price again

I have a teaching fellowship in Israel. I'll be teaching English for at least 10 months. It's not a vacation granted its not military but its not like I'm asking for 3 months cuz I am at a lake/shore house.

Also with all the bs with 150 k part timer and the volume of membership its not like its an unfair request I paid for a year and will only get to use for 6 months I was not aware I would be out of country when I signed up.

There response to this will question my decision and may have me look elsewhere.

If they don't let me suspend at least honor my renewAL price whenever I return not make it full price again

I really would consider it a donation. If it were pay as you go I would pay $30 a year!!

I go maybe 4 - 6 times a year. I would go more but they close the range for cooking classes and stuff like that when I have time.LOL!!

Well I was able to dig a little further and found out some more information.

First thing I'll get off the table is Scott Bach is NOT closing his law office to work full time for ANJRPC nor is Scott Bach being hired as a lawyer for ANJRPC. All Scott is and ever will be is a face to the organization as our president.

Now for the part that should really just piss you off and if you don't see a parallel to our lovely president and congress and how they handled the health care law then your in trouble:

So a few weeks back Scott Bach started calling all of his friends within ANJRPC telling everyone that he was going to be stepping down from the position of President because he was investing too much time and it was destroying his law firm. ANJRPC's response should of been, well we are very sorry to hear this, thank you for your service we will begin looking for a new president.

This clearly is not what happened. They decided by themselves without member input that they would create a NEW position and pay SB 150,000 dollars a year along with his existing expense account. Now a few weeks later we have people showing up to the board meeting who havn't been there in years just to vote on this resolution because they are all buddy buddy. If this isn't closed door political BS I don't know what is.

Stay tuned as I will be talking with people who know more of the legal aspect of this situation than I do and what we as members can do to get this reversed. This position should of NEVER been passed by the board and it should of been voted on by the membership. All ANJRPC positions are voluntary, if you don't feel you have the time to commit then you should step down because it's VOLUNTARY!!

I'm also still waiting on information on their meetings of when and where but I'm also finding out that they do ask people to leave when they talk about certain things but supposedly that's not allowed based on the way the board and membership was setup from the beginning.

Stay tuned for more to come

It is not a spa membership. It is a club with a range as a benefit. ANJRPC is fighting for your rights every day, even when you are away.

Fat lot of good that has done for us Old Fart. Where were they with Florio and the AWB? Where were they with OGAM? With all of the arbitrary and capricious gun laws??

Frank Flamingo and NJ2AS have had more accomplished with (much) less funds and (quite a bit more) drive in a few months than ANJRPC THE NJ association of THE NRA has in all of their existence.

• Like 2

It is not a spa membership. It is a club with a range as a benefit. ANJRPC is fighting for your rights every day, even when you are away.

If you asked for a refund I think it would be cheap and unreasonable.

Just by bringing this up, you showed your true colors "El Cheapo"

I don't know, the last time I checked it was a range membership with a membership to ANJRPC included in the price of your range membership. Yes I know it's splitting hairs but there is a difference!

First thing I'll get off the table is Scott Bach is NOT closing his law office to work full time for ANJRPC nor is Scott Bach being hired as a lawyer for ANJRPC. All Scott is and ever will be is a face to the organization as our president.

Now for the part that should really just piss you off and if you don't see a parallel to our lovely president and congress and how they handled the health care law then your in trouble:

So a few weeks back Scott Bach started calling all of his friends within ANJRPC telling everyone that he was going to be stepping down from the position of President because he was investing too much time and it was destroying his law firm. ANJRPC's response should of been, well we are very sorry to hear this, thank you for your service we will begin looking for a new president.

This clearly is not what happened. They decided by themselves without member input that they would create a NEW position and pay SB 150,000 dollars a year along with his existing expense account. Now a few weeks later we have people showing up to the board meeting who havn't been there in years just to vote on this resolution because they are all buddy buddy. If this isn't closed door political BS I don't know what is.

Stay tuned as I will be talking with people who know more of the legal aspect of this situation than I do and what we as members can do to get this reversed. This position should of NEVER been passed by the board and it should of been voted on by the membership. All ANJRPC positions are voluntary, if you don't feel you have the time to commit then you should step down because it's VOLUNTARY!!

I'm also still waiting on information on their meetings of when and where but I'm also finding out that they do ask people to leave when they talk about certain things but supposedly that's not allowed based on the way the board and membership was setup from the beginning.

Let me get this right - this was a board decision without any membership input? I don't believe the bylaws are setup to allow such hanky pankery. Furthermore, where is the auditing and opening of the books like other organizations do?

How hard is it to put out a simple "We took in this much money, we spent this much money, this is what's left, these are the real plans for the future." The current organization seems to think that this is their cash cow and that they can elect to play fast and loose (or is Fast and Furious more apropos since they seem to be channeling Obama's aura) with the membership funds.

Not a member of the range however I am a member of ANJRPC, I would assume that the bi-laws allowed this but being I do not have a copy of the bi-laws has anybody looked into if what was done conforms to what is written?

Harry

Keep us informed Matt. Thank you for your tenacity. We(those who care) should have been attending these meetings. And we should in the future.

Keep digging and if you need help PM me. We should have a member on the board.

• Like 1

I don't know, the last time I checked it was a range membership with a membership to ANJRPC included in the price of your range membership. Yes I know it's splitting hairs but there is a difference!

Matt- It's membership to ANJRPC with or without range priveliges.

BTW I think they need tanning beds :thsmiley_deadhorse:

• Like 1