Steve_G

Sub-Compact 9's

As long as they come within $50, they will get the deal. I do prefer to support the LGS. In the past I have had real attitude problems from them. I keep going back beacause they do have a nice selection. Now, when I do go to purchase, if I'm greeted with attitude or ignored, well, that's a different story. Hopefully, they are making an effort to change their rep.

Hint! If you want a royal "a** kissing" (I know I appreciate one) Keep your P2P visable when you walk in.

BTW- a $50 spread is very generous of you.

Hint! If you want a royal "a** kissing" (I know I appreciate one) Keep your P2P visable when you walk in.

BTW- a $50 spread is very generous of you.

A** Kissing not required. (but it doesn't hurt). :icon_lol:

I have noticed that though. That ridiculous paper does get their attention.

$50 is fair. It keeps me from driving all over the place for the best deal. And I avoid shipping and tranfer fees from buying online.

I dont know if its true but I read that the 26/27 is the smallest size that can be imported into the US. Any smaller and its considered a sat. night special. I think that at one point glock put adj. target sights on them and then switched them to fixed in the Georgia HQ to help get them allowed in.

I thought they actually manufactured Glocks in the US... if they did that, wouldn't they be excluded from import requirements?

XDm Compact. Same height as the XD9 Subcompact with a 3.8" barrel instead of 3". Walther is nice but personally I want more than 8 rounds in my mag. I think it comes with a 7 rd and a 6 rd mag. Xd has 13 in the mag.

I would seriously consider a single stack 9mm such as a S&W 3913. I have the 3953 that I purchased from a member here and have yet to have a problem of any kind with it. It is my summer carry most of the time along with a 2nd gen G19. I have out standard pressure ammo and +p through it and it just chugs along happily. The 3953 along with a quality belt and extra mags is a very nice combo.

I spent about an hour today fondling some of these sub compact 9's. I went in with 9 models on my list and they had 7 in stock. At this point I have it narrowed down to 2. The Walther PPS and the Kahr PM9. I need to shoot them both to really make up my mind. The PPS felt perfect in my hand and the only negative I could find was the mag release. Nothing wrong with it, just different. The Kahr actually felt a little small but, the 7 round mag would fix that. Both had really nice triggers. Just a matter of how I shoot them.

On a side note. I have never been much of a fan of NJ Firearms Guild, was never made to feel comfortable there. Well, looks like they have a couple new guys working there now. One of them, Rob, was very helpful and seemed to enjoy playin with the guns as much as I did. I was pleasantly surprised, especially since I told him from the start, I was there to look at these guns and see which ones fit my hand the best. I made it clear that I was just narrowing it down and then I would have to shoot the ones that I liked. In other words, there would be no sale today. He understood and was very helpful. Enough so that I may even give them a shot at the sale once I reach my final deciscion.

just stumbled on this thread, and may be a little late here but im actually in the EXACT same boat as you (plus a FL CCW :) ) and actually my decision has come down to the exact same 2 guns as you also.

i actually created this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkG7ZGJOjNtidDJacmJfUnBLSXhxalg4YnJSWm9wOXc&authkey=COCNhaQK&hl=en_US#gid=0

sheet a few months ago to help me. I am a fairly slim person 5'9 165lbs and basically the only time ill be carrying is out of state on vacation and 9 times out of 10 that will be in the summer so i really wanted to go with the smallest/easiest to conceal as possible. i know you can conceal a lot, esp w/ the right clothes and holster but for the rare times i get to carry i am def not going to be buying new clothes specifically for those occasions.

the range that you went too had both in stock and you were also able to rent them? my whole decision at this point will come down to how they feel when holding, trigger pull/reset, and how i fire them.

sorry if i made a lot of grammar mistakes, my wife is yelling at me to start a movie lol

just stumbled on this thread, and may be a little late here but im actually in the EXACT same boat as you (plus a FL CCW :) ) and actually my decision has come down to the exact same 2 guns as you also.

i actually created this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkG7ZGJOjNtidDJacmJfUnBLSXhxalg4YnJSWm9wOXc&authkey=COCNhaQK&hl=en_US#gid=0

sheet a few months ago to help me. I am a fairly slim person 5'9 165lbs and basically the only time ill be carrying is out of state on vacation and 9 times out of 10 that will be in the summer so i really wanted to go with the smallest/easiest to conceal as possible. i know you can conceal a lot, esp w/ the right clothes and holster but for the rare times i get to carry i am def not going to be buying new clothes specifically for those occasions.

the range that you went too had both in stock and you were also able to rent them? my whole decision at this point will come down to how they feel when holding, trigger pull/reset, and how i fire them.

sorry if i made a lot of grammar mistakes, my wife is yelling at me to start a movie lol

I never did get to actually shoot them. I ended up going with what I wanted when I walked in the store. The Kahr PM9. It actually feels pretty good in my hand. My pinky rests naturally on the bottom of the mag. The Walther is really nice but, quite a bit larger. I also got it for vacation carry, SCOTUS willing I'll be able to carry it here one day. I'm 5'9, 180# so same issues as far as concealment.

Also, I tried really hard to make a deal with that local gun shop but, they wouldn't come within $100 of the price I paid. It should be in this week and I'll pick it up at Ira's.

I too will be making the subcompact pocket gun purchase in the near future. I carry a sig p250 subcompact right now and sometimes it is too big for summer carry like in a pocket. I have bought from NJFG in the past and wasnt too happy with them but maybe I will try them again. This thread will be very helpful in making a decision

I too will be making the subcompact pocket gun purchase in the near future. I carry a sig p250 subcompact right now and sometimes it is too big for summer carry like in a pocket. I have bought from NJFG in the past and wasnt too happy with them but maybe I will try them again. This thread will be very helpful in making a decision

While some like the place and some don't, and from an experience there myself, I will only take a look at a gun another shop may not have would be the only reason to get me in the door. I won't give my business to a place that doesn't seem to want it, plus there are many very good FFL's right here on the Forum.

I would give the Price Check section on this forum and see what kind of pricing you get, I will bet they will be lower in price and a heck of a lot more friendly and appreciative.

Harry

While some like the place and some don't, and from an experience there myself, I will only take a look at a gun another shop may not have would be the only reason to get me in the door. I won't give my business to a place that doesn't seem to want it, plus there are many very good FFL's right here on the Forum.

I would give the Price Check section on this forum and see what kind of pricing you get, I will bet they will be lower in price and a heck of a lot more friendly and appreciative.

Harry

After my recent expeiences with them, I can say I will only go in there to physically check out a gun. I wouldn't buy a roll pin from that place. I'll stick to the price check section or better yet just call Ira or Vinny for a price.